No announcement yet.

Loeffler asks Haymon about Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
    Exactly. Why do you people even bother responding to them? I don't even read their posts. They're predictable as dog's poop. There will always be nothing new about them.

Just focus on Lara's next actions doe. Everything else is irrelevant.
    There are a few good posters on NSB who greatly contribute to the discussion but lose their marbles when a rival/hated fighter gets mentioned.

Bigjavi's one of them - he's a great poster and does a lot for the community, but you mention Golovkin and it's a trainwereck. Talking to him about Cotto is wayyyy more pleasant.

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    notice how you had no response after ward... cuz that's a clear duck and you know it and you also know that Lara is levels above monroe jr... but that's ok for the GGGroupies. As long as the ko streak stays alive right.
    Or it's because I'm not gonna rehash this crap for the 5092189210th time. No, I don't think Golovkin ducked Ward. I was talking about this with Bojangles a few days ago in this thread:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=76
    Last edited by j0zef; 07-28-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      There are a few good posters on NSB who greatly contribute to the discussion but lose their marbles when a rival/hated fighter gets mentioned.

Bigjavi's one of them - he's a great poster and does a lot for the community, but you mention Golovkin and it's a trainwereck. Talking to him about Cotto is wayyyy more pleasant.

Or it's because I'm not gonna rehash this crap for the 5092189210th time. No, I don't think Golovkin ducked Ward. I was talking about this with Bojangles a few days ago in this thread:
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=76
      "First, 164 was not a demand."

in this video sanches said that 164 never came from their side

says the complete opposite on this video

so excuse me if I dont believe crap that comes from ggg's team

and I will say again... I like ggg... I dont like his team and how/why they are holding him back like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
        He's got a better resume than Golovkin. Don't talk about what fighters deserve when Golovkin got 2 mil for ****ing Dominic Wade.
        I have mentioned time and time again that networks pay their fighters too much but Lara only has a better resume cos he has lost to the best fighters he faces. Plus he only owns a fringe belt in his division.

GGG has 3 of the 4 available belts and had 2 lineal champs duck him and cleared out an entire generation of top middleweights. They might not have been great fighters but they were the best guys around.

Let's not act like Lara has achieved more than GGG in his career unless you think losing every time you step up merits some sort of recognition.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Lol, Lara's manager already trying to price Lara out. Freaking cowards!!!
          The twitter team is getting exposed now. It's only a matter of time they admit they're just joking doe.

Comment

• and here come the lowballers and promoters, Lara should be pay more than those that came before him, why? Because he is a better fighter than all those boxers put together, he is a defensive minded boxer first, yes so what? He didn't invented the style and they are quite a few of them in the hof, man the boxing fans nowadays are idiots, let them fight and make a living at the same time, your fools, one thing about these Cuban fighters, they want the best, they don't fool around and their fans, want the same thing, we don't care if the lose as much as other ppl, we want them to fight the best,

Comment

• Lara has been begging for this fight. Beggars can't be choosers. The ridiculousness of a beggar dictating the terms is just hard to fathom.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Lara sells nothing. Why should he be paid as much as 3-3.5 millions? you earn as much as you generate.

1 million is enough.
                Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                You simply don't get it. That 4-5 million those british guys are making vs GGG is coming from Eddie Hearn's pocket, not K2's.

There is no way in hell Lara deserves 3 million. I am sure if Al is willing to pay him that out of his own pocket though it will be fine.
                You guys are aware I said that as a fan but he should get 1.5 to 2 mil he does deserve that he will bring some fans plus it's a great fight for both I'd say legacy for both and as a fan of both I want too see them fight the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  Well not really.. I am not sure if you have certain fans in mind who believe it.. I am a Golovkin fan but I have also criticized his choice of Brook over any one in MW.. At the same time I also believe the interviewer asked a very valid question, Lara also isn't a MW, don't you think it's again a small guy moving up to fight.. DeCubas was literally caught with his pants down, he covered it up saying Lara is a really good fighter.. GGG vs Lara is a good fight, but when and if Lara loses you very well know people will defend that small guy BS.. I would frankly want Golovkin fight 168 guys because they might pose a threat and also it would prepare GGG when he decides to move up.. You cannot look good against a fighter like Lara who don't engage much.. I had the Canelo Lara fight a draw but I felt Lara was ripped off..
                  Golovkin is fighting Kell Brook, with K2, Abel Sanchez, the HBO orbit of boxing media, and Golovkin's fans doing everything in their power to sell the fight as one that should not be derided.

If Golovkin-Brook is okay, there's no argument to not do Golovkin-Lara, who is markedly bigger than Brook, with a fight resume that's also better.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                    The fact that all Lara and his team has done is talk about it and Tom Loeffler is the one who actually made a phone call should tell you all you need to know. Shows you how much Lara really wants this fight.
                    Lara and his team are clowns.
                    His fans are clowns.
                    Nes is a clown shilling for Lara and Danny Jacobs to get 5-6mil for fighting GGG
                    Just for a moment, if Haymon called Tom Loeffler and said (likely not all that different than the talks that happened with Eddie Hearn) "Hey Tom, here's a deal to pay you $2m and the broadcast rights to all of Europe, to bring Golovkin over to fight Erislandy Lara", do you honestly believe that Loeffler would've considered the deal? The simple answer is no.

Haymon doesn't do business with HBO, and (to hear folks here tell it) K2/Golovkin are beholden to HBO.

Lara can talk about wanting the fight for the rest of his life; the only way that the fight becomes even a possibility is if K2 calls. Glad to see that Loeffler finally called; when they talk turkey, let's hope that they come with sensible business.

Comment

• Lara is a legit guy and anyone who follows boxing know that Lara is a legitimate boxer. He has been on TV a bunch and has been around for quite a long time. Now he is not some huge star but he brings value as a b-side because he is viewed as a legit guy.

Him being at 154 dings him a bit but dudes go up and he is a skilled boxer not a big puncher so his chances of success moving up are a bit better.

It is a pretty big fight and something that team Golovkin can probably actually make happen.

The funny thing is the 180 people will do if that fight does actually come off~
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-28-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X