No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman Blast Mayweather on First Take Pac will fight Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    See my edit. That is an absolute lie. HBO fighters Shane, ODH, Naseem Hamed all did same to Floyd when he was high risk, no reward. Max maybe just forgot that.

Again do not over exaggerate the quality of whom Manny fought.

The reality is HBO, Max's employer, has prevented their signed fighters from fights for years yet somehow they try to blame Floyd. Floyd didn't make Sugar Ray pull that BS with hagler or wait 8 years to rematch Hearns. Floyd didn't prevent Roy and Darius. Floyd didn't prevent Juan ma/Gamboa. Floyd didn't prevent GGG/Canelo. etc. etc.

The ideology is HBO's. They sign guys because they are stars then put those stars in mostly winnable fights because they see that fans like stars. Then when Floyd leaves HBO and takes that strategy to SHO now its suddenly wrong and his fault GTFOH!!
    Wait what?

When was Nas supposed to have fought Floyd? Mayweather wasn't even known in 2001 when Naz retired. When was a prime Oscar supposed to fight Floyd? When pretty boy as he liked to call himself was a super feather and Oscar a light middle? Cmon man, stop buying into the crap Mayweather has sold you.

And there is literally no over exaggeration when one says Pacquiao fought a string of ATGs or HOFers when he fought and often battered the likes of MAB, JMM, Morales, Ledwabo, Cotto, Hatton, Marg etc. Pacquiao often beat those guys at their best and was more than once the underdog. You just make yourself sound less a boxing fan when trying to go after Pacs quality all the while defending fights like May v Berto/Ortiz/Guerrero.

Now, get back to the topic at end. Mayweather created a risk averse, safety first, "I'm gonna rip off everyone I can" environment like no other fighter before. That's the bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Mayweather reported his weight as 149 and Pacquiao's at 152, I believe. There are also various other sources that point to Pacquiao being at 152.

Floyd has never, ever been as high as 160. Wasn't his 1 month out weight at like 150 or something like that?
      lmao!!! floyd's weight, or official weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Wait what?

When was Nas supposed to have fought Floyd? Mayweather wasn't even known in 2001 when Naz retired. When was a prime Oscar supposed to fight Floyd? When pretty boy as he liked to call himself was a super feather and Oscar a light middle? Cmon man, stop buying into the crap Mayweather has sold you.

And there is literally no over exaggeration when one says Pacquiao fought a string of ATGs or HOFers when he fought and often battered the likes of MAB, JMM, Morales, Ledwabo, Cotto, Hatton, Marg etc. Pacquiao often beat those guys at their best and was more than once the underdog. You just make yourself sound less a boxing fan when trying to go after Pacs quality all the while defending fights like May v Berto/Ortiz/Guerrero.

Now, get back to the topic at end. Mayweather created a risk averse, safety first, "I'm gonna rip off everyone I can" environment like no other fighter before. That's the bottom line.
        Larry Merchant told Floyd directly (i can't remember fight right now) that there was "NO way" hamed was going to fight him.

The same 3 weight class separation he worked through to fight Manny. You can't have it both ways.

When did I mention any of those fighters or compare them to who manny fought? No need to lie or make something up. Floyd fought and defeated many of those same guys.

What Floyd did was beat everyone you and others said he wouldn't fight or was scared to fight. Since he did, Max, you and other have become revisionists regarding what actually happened.

Comment

Larry Merchant told Floyd directly (i can't remember fight right now) that there was "NO way" hamed was going to fight him.

The same 3 weight class separation he worked through to fight Manny. You can't have it both ways.

When did I mention any of those fighters or compare them to who manny fought? No need to lie or make something up. Floyd fought and defeated many of those same guys.

What Floyd did was beat everyone you and others said he wouldn't fight or was scared to fight. Since he did, Max, you and other have become revisionists regarding what actually happened.
          Yeah I know what interview you're talking about but again, I ask you, when was Naz, a PPV star nearing the end of a great career supposed to fight Floyd? 2001 was the most likely year with Floyd on the rise but Naz retired and at 5'4'' was tiny. I twas never realistic.

You have some sort of selective amnesia. You said Manny's opposition is exaggerated, I even quoted you on it. I then asked you how the names I named are exaggerated in any way?

Regardless of all that, this is not the point of this thread. Talk about the topic at end, namely that Mayweather, having admitted it himself several times, has stated that he wanted to create a career more concerned with maximising earning rather than fighting the best. That's the problem we have in modern boxing. Do you agree or disagree with that?

If you disagree, you are disagreeing with your idol.

Comment

• Spoon legit needs help. If he doesn't live is a psych ward yet he needs to

Comment

• Ultimately the boxing world has learned the long lesson from Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s career. They saw him at his most famous and said, "I want to do that. I should be able to do that."

What they have all ignored is the hard work Mayweather put in to earn the right to call the shots like he did. Jackasses like Quillin and Andrade think they should make Mayweather money and have Mayweather rights without proving a damn thing.

Comment

Yeah I know what interview you're talking about but again, I ask you, when was Naz, a PPV star nearing the end of a great career supposed to fight Floyd? 2001 was the most likely year with Floyd on the rise but Naz retired and at 5'4'' was tiny. I twas never realistic.

You have some sort of selective amnesia. You said Manny's opposition is exaggerated, I even quoted you on it. I then asked you how the names I named are exaggerated in any way?

Regardless of all that, this is not the point of this thread. Talk about the topic at end, namely that Mayweather, having admitted it himself several times, has stated that he wanted to create a career more concerned with maximising earning rather than fighting the best. That's the problem we have in modern boxing. Do you agree or disagree with that?

If you disagree, you are disagreeing with your idol.
                Yes it was, which is why Merchant responded the way he did. Same point about Floyd/ODH-you can't just pretend a fight wasn't possible. ODH took the Manny fight because he didn't care about the risk at that stage of his career, just the payday.

He didn't make the Floyd fight with the same 3 weight class gap because floyd was high risk, no reward. I mean since when was ODh against beating the crap out of a smaller guy for a payday?

Some of it is over exaggerated, that doesn't mean all of it is. David Diaz? margs at 151? Erik morales-he didn't beat him until AFTER zahir raheem destroyed him.

I am talking about Floyd. when did he say this?

The reason why fights do not get made is not the fighters but the networks, managers and promoters that employ them. as I posted previously, they didn't get this from Floyd, despite HBO trying to make it seem like they did.

The problem in modern boxing is networks pay guys based on their star power and not the quality of their opponent. You surely are not going to suggest Floyd created this, are you?
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-26-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Wait what?

Apart of Marco Antonio Barrera, which one of these guys u mentioned got beaten by Pacquiao when they were at their best? He lost to Marquez, he lost to Morales, waited for him to move up to 135 and to lose to Zahir Raheem, then brought him back down to 130 for the rematch, Cotto was coming off a humuliating KO loss to Margarito and looked like crap against Clottey who's B level at best. Hatton had already lost to Mayweather by KO a year earlier, Dela Hoya was coming down 7 lbs to fight at a weight he never made in 8 years and almost died in the process.

Ledwaba was a legit win but he ain't no HOFer in my book, he was a solid champion that was favored against Pacquiao because nobody knew Pacquiao at the time, but still it was a very good win, the Barrera fights to me are the clean cut defining wins of Pacquiao's career since Barrera was on a winning streak and even though people made excuses for Barrera, Pacquiao fought and beat him again.

Naz retired at the peak of his popularity which was in 2001, by 2001 Floyd had been the 130 lbs champ for 3 years and he called out Prince Naseem on a number of occasions, he said he was willing to fight naz at 128 catchweight and Naz dismissed him, that was right before he fought Barrera. At 135 and 140 he called out Dela Hoya and Mosley (2003-2004) and wanted to fight them at 147 or 154 and he got dismissed, even after Shane beat Vargas in 2006 and was asked about a fight with Mayweather he preferred to go on vacation and to get his tooth fixed. Shane's dad also shut down negotiations with the mayweather camp in 99 when a potential 135 lbs fight was being discussed, he said these 2 should fight in the future to make more money. Kostya Tszyu didn't want it, Hatton refused to fight him in USA when they were both at 140 and wanted him to go to the UK to get shafted like Kostya Tszyu.

Comment

• Same people defending Floyd are the same people throwing hissy fits over Triple G

Comment

We get it. Max works for HBO and Manny works for HBO as well. If Paulie said something positive about Floyd the 1st thing you'd point out is they work for the same team.

No different here so what Max said is taken in that context.
                      ??

lol thinking it's all angled upon what they support, never realizing it doesn't have to be conspiracy theories all the time, but just look at it at face value and what is truly there and tangible. It's that obvious, but since Floyd's divk is in your mouth, You'll never get it as usual. What is there all along and what was clear is that Floyd was an All time cherry picker. It's that obvious, you just choose not to see it
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 07-26-2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X