No announcement yet.

Jim Watt retires from commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    If anyone at the elite level is getting KO its Tyson Fury.
    Hmm. Surely he fought the most elite Heavyweight of this generation and beat him.

There's no other heavyweight that is elite. Fury IS the elite heavyweight right now, like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Hmm. Surely he fought the most elite Heavyweight of this generation and beat him.

There's no other heavyweight that is elite. Fury IS the elite heavyweight right now, like it or not.
      When did I say he was not elite? I dont understand where you are coming from with this comment. I said hes getting KO whats so hard to understand? he been sparked and put on the floor before even by a cruiserweight.

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!

Comment

Hallelujah.

Jim Watt sounded like a drunk, whiny Scotsman suffering from dementia.

I'm surprised he held onto a job for so long to be honest.

He was terrible.

Comment

Watt was a voice synonymous with boxing and sadly a poor commentator for almost a decade but if anyone remembers him before that, he was astute and knew about the game. I feel he just became too lazy ,repeating the same catchphrases over and over and honestly, not watching the fights. Sometimes I had no idea what he was banging on about.

A spot on the allotments has been LOOOONG over due.

Comment

Oh man, no more fancy Dan's landing arum punches or guys looking the boss in there as they tee off with power shots bang on the chen that shake the opponent down to his boots.

He is a big part of British boxing, but his commentary has been abysmal for years.

Comment

I don't want to be too mean since I know nothing about him, but good riddance. He is an awful, awful commentator. Plus the guy is either straight up blind at this point or has no clue how to judge a fight. I don't know him well enough to say which is the case.

Comment

Thank God for that, long overdue.
                  Hopefully we can bring Paulie over permanently to replace him.

Its going to feel really weird not having too mute the sound.

Comment

I'm not his biggest fan due to the fact he's gone a bit stale over the last few years. But it's an end of an era, lot's of us have grew up with him calling fights.
                    He's no worse than Halling IMO.

I wonder what direction SKY take next?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      That's brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                      X