No announcement yet.

Jim Watt retires from commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Watt retires from commentating

Great news lads, Jim has decided to pack it in, hopefully his mate Nick Halling will follow him.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ts-commentator

That's the best news I heard all year lol he's ruined so many big fights, droning on with his negative ish.. good riddens

Comment

Comment

His voice, analysis and consummate professionalism have helped light up so many of boxing's most memorable moments.
        Haha, I don't know about that!

I'd say his voice and analysis consummated bias and idiotic narrowed minded views for only rooting for his promotional based fighter.

Sad bit about whoever replaces Jim is that they'll likely be just as bias I get the feeling Sky and many other promotions don't allow you to give your own view because surely Jim wasn't that bias?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good.

Seems a decent fella but his commentary makes him sound senile at times. Sometimes i wonder if he's even watching the same fight.

That said, me being fairly young and growing up in the UK, his voice is basically synonymous with British boxing, so it's the end of an era in some ways.

They should get Paulie over more often for fights, he's been really good when Sky got him over.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 07-22-2016, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Not a fan of his commentary, but there is no need to rejoice in his retirement... Jim is a great ambassador of boxing... Jim lost both his son and daughter in tragic ways and still dedicated himself to the sport... I think instead of rejoicing at him leaving, we should be thanking him for his commitment and service to boxing both as a fighter and pundit.

Comment

Good. I couldn't stand that annoying old fart. Wish him no ill will of course, but he made fights excruciatingly crap to watch at times.

Comment

The UK feeds are atrocious and overtly biased...and those corny dialects make me cringe. Brits need more Americans like Paulie Malignaggi commentating for Skysports...that geezer was always crying about something I don't know what part of the UK hes from but he sound like a relative too the inbred Gypsy Clan the Fury's.

Comment

Working...
                    X