Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Arreola, 1.45 Million Viewers: Last Among Major Networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Yeah man hes an Ace in Haymons sleeve. Thought he wouldve shown it by now. Wilder needs more publicity, he needs to do a commercial or something.
    yeah. should have had him on the floyd undercards beating up bums and then headline cards with better comp IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Understandably poor ratings. I don't understand why Haymon didn't make a more concerted effort at positioning Wilder to replace Floyd as he was set to retire.
      Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Yeah man hes an Ace in Haymons sleeve. Thought he wouldve shown it by now. Wilder needs more publicity, he needs to do a commercial or something.
      The elephant in the room is that Wilder is not very good. The reason he is put in mismatches is that he can't be trusted to beat good fighters.

Haymon is not a promoter, thus his fighters are badly promoted.

Keith Thurman who has hit 3 million+ twice, is the only potential star I see in Haymon's stable. Unfortunately, he is not kept active and on screens.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 07-21-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

It was a **** fight. I had no interest at all in it and I'm a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          According to The Nielsen Company, the Premier Boxing Champions telecast on FOX drew 1.45 million viewers in its prime time slot Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]
          1.45 milli for a boxing match between a almost was and a might be? sh#t yeah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            The elephant in the room is that Wilder is not very good. The reason he is put in mismatches is that he can't be trusted to beat good fighters.

Haymon is not a promoter, thus his fighters are badly promoted.

Keith Thurman who has hit 3 million+ twice, is the only potential star I see in Haymon's stable. Unfortunately, he is not kept active and on screens.
            Can't disagree with you. He may have power but he isn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              Ggg would be called a god for those numbers on hbo.... But just because its on fox people think non boxing fans will somehow watch.... Respectable numbers for a mismatch....
              you are racist and hate white boxers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                Wilder still seems is a seriously flawed fighter...

I want to be a fan, I want to root for the super athletic American heavyweight champ, honestly I do. But I've thought him to be fundamentally flawed in his feet and technique since I first saw him. And with this Arreola fight I came off it it crediting that he used his jab a lot more- but only to fight out he absolutely wrecked his hand and his bicep.

He did land a couple of really nice uppercuts on the inside.

Wilder seems to get away with a lot of stuff because of his pure natural athleticism, but his showboating is fairly annoying. I wish the Povetkin fight would have worked out, I doubt he would have acted out so much. I need to see him fight someone that he has to take seriously.

I still have a lot of questions about Wilder as a fighter and he's been a HW champ for over a year and a half.
                Of course not!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  I expected the only American HW champ (with the coveted green belt) to at least draw 2+mill viewers. Even if it was a mismatch on paper, people know who Areolla is. Does PBC not have any marketing people on their team? With all the access they have with their bought TV time, why not try and get these guys onto talk shows, or guest appearances, or something to get their names out there?

Thurman and Porter drew a good number. What are they doing differently than Wilder?
                  No. People don't know who 'Arreola' is. Boxing fans know who he is. The average dude at the bar doesn't. Hell, the average dude at the bar doesn't know who Wilder is.

Comment

My my how times has changed? There wasn't enough hours in a day for a television audience to skip a Saturday night prime time Heavyweight championship bout that was being broadcast on free network television back in its heyday.

Comment

That is a fucking pathetic number, why don't you PBC fans tune in to these mismatches?

Comment

Working...
                      X