Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Arreola, 1.45 Million Viewers: Last Among Major Networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty bad but not surprising given the short notice and opponent.

Comment

I expected the only American HW champ (with the coveted green belt) to at least draw 2+mill viewers. Even if it was a mismatch on paper, people know who Areolla is. Does PBC not have any marketing people on their team? With all the access they have with their bought TV time, why not try and get these guys onto talk shows, or guest appearances, or something to get their names out there?

Thurman and Porter drew a good number. What are they doing differently than Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        If that had been Klitsckho vs. Fury part 1. America would of never watched boxing ever again.
        More Americans will watch Klitchko-Fury II than Wilder's last bum fight. #1 vs #1 baby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          More Americans will watch Klitchko-Fury II than Wilder's last bum fight. #1 vs #1 baby!!!

Just the thought made me sleepy.

Comment

I am happy 2 say I was not one of the 1.45 million that watched it... I wouldn't waste my time on a piece of trash like this...

Comment

Hot damn! Where was everybody on Saturday night?

Comment

Didn't you read the post? Watching some random Rerun shows that i never heard about instead of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  I am happy 2 say I was not one of the 1.45 million that watched it... I wouldn't waste my time on a piece of trash like this...
                  Kind wished I knew Nitro Sports was on. Sounds like an entertaining one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    What was stopping Arum from conquering free tv before Haymon came along?

Lomachenko's last fight got less than half of this number. On HBO. Bob Arum is a proven grade A promoter, doe.
                    exactly and lomachenko's fight was going against a showtime fight while wilder didn't have any fights to go up against plus HBO is in 1/3 of the households as fox. so extrapolate the numbers and it would have done more on fox than wilder

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Pretty bad but not surprising given the short notice and opponent.
                      casuals didn''t know it was short notice or a bad opponent. regular sports fans who tuned in just knew it was a hw title fight and had no idea who either fighter was.

most random sports fans only know who mayweather or pacquiao is while a few will know canelo or cotto thats it

Comment

Working...
                      X