Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Arreola, 1.45 Million Viewers: Last Among Major Networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casuals do not know who Wilder is.
    I work with a bunch of sports fans who really do not watch boxing.

They do not know: Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Wilder, Stevenson, Kovalev, Ward

They only ever ask about: Mayweather, Pacman, Broner, GGG

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Casuals just have to look at the difference between their bodies to know it's a mismatch.
      they wouldn't see that till they tuned in to watch

Comment

Last time Wilder fought and drew bad ratings he came out with a statement along the lines of not wanting to box on PPV he wanted to be seen on regular TV for all the fans, I expect to see some statement with the same spin pretty soon from the Bum Squad Bomber , the Alabama Heavyweight Champion.

Comment

Understandably poor ratings. I don't understand why Haymon didn't make a more concerted effort at positioning Wilder to replace Floyd as he was set to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Hot damn! Where was everybody on Saturday night?
            They were all out Pokémon hunting! LOL

Comment

Wilder still seems is a seriously flawed fighter...

I want to be a fan, I want to root for the super athletic American heavyweight champ, honestly I do. But I've thought him to be fundamentally flawed in his feet and technique since I first saw him. And with this Arreola fight I came off it it crediting that he used his jab a lot more- but only to fight out he absolutely wrecked his hand and his bicep.

He did land a couple of really nice uppercuts on the inside.

Wilder seems to get away with a lot of stuff because of his pure natural athleticism, but his showboating is fairly annoying. I wish the Povetkin fight would have worked out, I doubt he would have acted out so much. I need to see him fight someone that he has to take seriously.

I still have a lot of questions about Wilder as a fighter and he's been a HW champ for over a year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Understandably poor ratings. I don't understand why Haymon didn't make a more concerted effort at positioning Wilder to replace Floyd as he was set to retire.
                Yeah man hes an Ace in Haymons sleeve. Thought he wouldve shown it by now. Wilder needs more publicity, he needs to do a commercial or something.

Comment

crap ratings and a mismatch, but the fight delivered. arreola showed up in OK shape and looking to fight. wilder had to push through a broken hand and a torn biceps. fight was very excitng IMO. maybe i'm just a sucker for HW and contact, but i enjoyed it.

Comment

people got better things to do on a saturday night than watch a circus freak show fight

Comment

I watched and enjoyed card.

So theres 1 view and the only one that matters to me

Comment

Working...
                      X