Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Arreola, 1.45 Million Viewers: Last Among Major Networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    You have to look at this from both sides. It's also 1.4 million people that would have NOT been watching boxing that night.
    probably would have got about half that number on showtime

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
      Haymon is a joke soon enough his butt will be to loose for billonaires to enjoy and he will be dumped. Its time to give old man Arum a call he is a prooven grade A promoter and will get the wheels rolling in the right direction before its to late. That sorry ass neegro is already begging him for tips on how to be successful without pushing a star the old man created.
      What was stopping Arum from conquering free tv before Haymon came along?

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      probably would have got about half that number on showtime
      Lomachenko's last fight got less than half of this number. On HBO. Bob Arum is a proven grade A promoter, doe.

Comment

Terrible numbers, but if there's a silver lining it might be that, with all the mediocre numbers this year, promoters might be pushed into making better fights. And, yes, I know this one was last-minute so I'm not blaming them here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          What was stopping Arum from conquering free tv before Haymon came along?

Lomachenko's last fight got less than half of this number. On HBO. Bob Arum is a proven grade A promoter, doe.
          A guy with 7 fights compared to an American heavyweight champ. Great comparison and I wouldn't call it conquering free tv

Comment

It was an obvious mismatch just by taking a glimpse of it. I'd change channel quickly if I were a casual fan. Arreola was supposed to be fighting aggressively, Maidana style. He was moving slowly as if he's waiting to counter. How can you counter against a guy with long reach? I myself didn't finish the fight. Wilder should have ended it quickly just to give it a huge spike in the ratings. Instead, he pretended it's a competitive fight.

Comment

Pbc da troof

Comment

Wilder/Fury PPV does 5 mil+ in any country in the world. Points on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Wilder/Fury PPV does 5 mil+ in any country in the world. Points on it.
                  Even in Vatican?

Comment

In the UK (population approx 70m vs US pop of 350m) Haye managed 2.5-3m for each of his recent fights on free to air comedy channel "Dave".

Arreola is more credible than De Mori and Gjergjaj, and Haye is a flakes ex- champ.

The difference is that Haye has made himself a brand outside of Boxing, he has become a celebrity personality (an annoying one no doubt, but someone recognisable to the man and woman in the street).

Wilder is an invisible champ. I saw a poster of him for Everlast in sports direct and asked my wife if she recognised him. She didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      4 times the potential viewership. Casuals don't know its a mismatch. They just know its boxing. They don't know who either guy is. Only people like us on the forum have heard of these guys
                      Casuals just have to look at the difference between their bodies to know it's a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X