Comments Thread For: Wilder Drops, Stops Arreola; Calls For All The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    Are you really basing your reasoning on triangle theories?????????? smh
    Arreola is a slugger, Stiverne a counter puncher. Going by what we've seen of counter punchers with shorter and smaller reach they struggle, coupled with the fact Stiverne really is an uncommitted,lazy, ponderous fighter anyway without taking into account he was medically unfit to fight Wilder his was an uphill struggle without the medical condition he had.

I thought Wilder looked great versus Stiverne, it showed us he can fight a disciplined 12 round fight where he could not really on his power like he had versus D class opposition. Wilder is a great addition to the divison.

These triangle theories are laughable, Wilder beat Stiverne so he handles Arreola easily !! Pathetic, styles make fights and Cris brings it, period. He may well knock Cris out but he'll go out swinging, and boy can he punch, considerably more so than Molina and Szpila. I'm excited for this fight, considering the Povetkin mess this is not at all a bad fight, a top fifteen guy next though in the very least, Wilder is taking liberties with boxing fans and clearly would not have fought Povetkin without being ordered.

Comment

Arreola is on the downslide ever since losing to Bermaine. I think Chris is mentally in a slump and that's going to affect him.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        Arreola is on the downslide ever since losing to Bermaine. I think Chris is mentally in a slump and that's going to affect him.
        I think Stiverne is just simply too good defensively for Arreola and he punches like a mule, especially agains guys he can actually get close to unlike Wilder. Cris will be able to get inside versus Wilder has the guy has very poor footwork and wings his shots as opposed to the straight punches shooting up from Stiverne.

This fight will be more fun than people expect, Cris aint gonna stand in front of this guy and let him windmill him, even Arreola is too good for that this is a good step up for Wilder, people need to appreciate that and respect him taking on a guy like Arreola. It is his first solid step up since the fight he won the title against Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Arreola is a slugger, Stiverne a counter puncher. Going by what we've seen of counter punchers with shorter and smaller reach they struggle, coupled with the fact Stiverne really is an uncommitted,lazy, ponderous fighter anyway without taking into account he was medically unfit to fight Wilder his was an uphill struggle without the medical condition he had.

I thought Wilder looked great versus Stiverne, it showed us he can fight a disciplined 12 round fight where he could not really on his power like he had versus D class opposition. Wilder is a great addition to the divison.

These triangle theories are laughable, Wilder beat Stiverne so he handles Arreola easily !! Pathetic, styles make fights and Cris brings it, period. He may well knock Cris out but he'll go out swinging, and boy can he punch, considerably more so than Molina and Szpila. I'm excited for this fight, considering the Povetkin mess this is not at all a bad fight, a top fifteen guy next though in the very least, Wilder is taking liberties with boxing fans and clearly would not have fought Povetkin without being ordered.
          Fantastic train of thought. Green k sent.

I agree. Arreola is a brawler with KO power in both hands. Yes he might get KO'd early but he might also hit pay dirt and find Wilder's chin (and how confident can you be with that chin?) I see Arreola's punches landing and Wilder being in big trouble.

All Chris has to do is land a combination. 4-5 punches and I think he becomes solidified in the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I'll be rooting for Fatboy but he's gonna get wrecked in this fight. People want to believe Wilder sucks and is a hypejob but he's a very solid fighter with some serious power, at least enough to blast out a tough B level guy like Chris.
            Chris isn't a B level fighter any more, and doesn't have time for a full training camp before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Fantastic train of thought. Green k sent.

I agree. Arreola is a brawler with KO power in both hands. Yes he might get KO'd early but he might also hit pay dirt and find Wilder's chin (and how confident can you be with that chin?) I see Arreola's punches landing and Wilder being in big trouble.

All Chris has to do is land a combination. 4-5 punches and I think he becomes solidified in the history books.
              If Cris is fit I can see an upset, Wilder will struggle with what Arreola brings its just a case of can Cris sustain pressure, if the fight goes beyond 5-6 it's Wilder's yet I'm not sure Wilder makes it out of the early rounds if he struggles with the Mexi'CAN' style.

I'm a closest Cris fan, always love his heart, his dedication reeks of his diet though, boiled ham.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                If Cris is fit I can see an upset...
                Two questions: when has Arreola ever been fit, and how fit is he going to be with only one month to prepare?

Comment

Arreola's last three fights, in case anyone's forgot just how shit he's got.

Comment

This bout is a total mismatch. Deontay has improved as a fighter where as Cris has not. He is slow, stands too erect and still eats too many punches and that would be to his overall detriment against a powerful and dangerous puncher like Wilder. You just don't want to find yourself on the receiving end of those punches.

My prediction, Wilder by way of KO within 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      This bout is a total mismatch. Deontay has improved as a fighter where as Cris has not. He is slow, stands too erect and still eats too many punches and that would be to his overall detriment against a powerful and dangerous puncher like Wilder. You just don't want to find yourself on the receiving end of those punches.

My prediction, Wilder by way of KO within 3 rounds.
                      I don't see it going any further than that either. Chris is so shot I could see Molina and Nikolai Firtha whipping his ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X