No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia and his dad confirm they received an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    I agree that Pac money is drying up for sure. But he still is the biggest money maker in boxing(as long as Floyd is retired).

But i think 3-4mill is very generous and a reasonable offer.

If im mistaken didnt Guerrero, Ortiz, and Maidana make around 3-5 million when they fought Floyd(who was at his highest earning power before he fought Pac).

So with the Pac money drying up, 3-4 million is very reasonable for Garcia, but with Haymon overpaying Garcia to fight bums i can understand why he turned it down. 10 million for Garcia is just not even reasonable even if Pac was still at the height of his career and popularity.
    none of them were selling there "0".. and thats Garcias leverage right now...and i agree 10 million is to much and i also agree Garcia should take the fight..BUT I UNDERSTAND WHY HE PASSED...HE CANT WIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Thurman/Garcia worth $8-10mill? Wow, just wow. And the best part is you're calling other people delusional.
      If MGM Resorts can host two, prime of their careers, undefeated, weltwerweight world champions, with the viewership and likely Q score figures that they've picked up fighting in front of 3m and 4m audiences on national TV, in a fight that will likely be seen as 50/50, I sincerely believe that they will put up the money.

They put up $16m to host Cotto-Alvarez; why you continue to ignore that is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        When you put it that way it kinda makes me respect Brook...
        Oh i got hell of a lot of respect for Brook..but GGG.....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          If MGM Resorts can host two, prime of their careers, undefeated, weltwerweight world champions, with the viewership and likely Q score figures that they've picked up fighting in front of 3m and 4m audiences on national TV, in a fight that will likely be seen as 50/50, I sincerely believe that they will put up the money.

They put up $16m to host Cotto-Alvarez; why you continue to ignore that is beyond me.
          I'm not ignoring it, it's just no comparison. I hope you don't do pro-forma's for a living....

You've so overvalued Garcia's (and Broner's) drawing power it's not even worth debating any further.

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Danny Garcia is the Puerto Rican version of Oscar De La Hoya, sans the gold medal and with more inner-city toughness.
          And on that note - END THREAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Garcia makes like 1.5-2 mill tops. He is a coward and a fraud, the gift didn't want to get annihilated by the Pacman.
            Obviously.........

Comment

• Fighters should know that chopping the head of an Atg is enough to want to fight him. Since chopping it off makes you an instant ppv boxing star. If I know I'm good and got the chance to fight an Atg heck I'll fight him for free, knowing if I beat him I'll be an instant star.

Fighters now a days, don't see that opportunities only happens once in a lifetime. Pac is leaving the sport. This might be his final fight. There is no one out there to spring board any fighters career faster than killing an Atg.

The thing is all of them knows they can't even beat a battle worn old timer like Pacquiao. They know elite is elite.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 07-15-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                I'm not ignoring it, it's just no comparison. I hope you don't do pro-forma's for a living....

You've so overvalued Garcia's (and Broner's) drawing power it's not even worth debating any further.

And on that note - END THREAD.
                If Cotto-Alvarez is worth $16m to MGM Resorts, the Thurman-Garcia unification would also be worth a good deal of money, far more money than you seem to think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  Fighters should know that chopping the head of an Atg is enough to want to fight him. Since chopping it off makes you an instant ppv boxing star. If I know I'm good and got the chance to fight an Atg heck I'll fight him for free, knowing if I beat him I'll be an instant star.

Fighters now a days, don't see that opportunities only happens once in a lifetime. Pac is living the sport. This might be his final fight. There is no one out there to spring board any fighters career faster than killing an Atg.

The thing is all of them knows they can't even beat a battle worn old timer like Pacquiao. They know elite is elite.
                  just being apart of it should make anyone want to take the fight. its a win win for broner, its not like he's trying to protect a perfect record or anything. this is a win win fight for broner.

he gets a career high pay, get the experience, might even beat him, gain new fans after. look at tim bradley. made freaking over $15+mil off fighting pac alone!.

thats more than broner and danny's purse combine. lol and these fools wanna say $3-4mil is too low. they dont see the benefit from it afterward.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    just being apart of it should make anyone want to take the fight. its a win win for broner, its not like he's trying to protect a perfect record or anything. this is a win win fight for broner.

he gets a career high pay, get the experience, might even beat him, gain new fans after. look at tim bradley. made freaking over $15+mil off fighting pac alone!.

thats more than broner and danny's purse combine. lol and these fools wanna say $3-4mil is too low. they dont see the benefit from it afterward.
                    Yeah, win lose or draw from these fighters will improve their popularity to a bigger audience, thus, improving their marketability in the future. They don't see the bigger picture. They are all greedy bastards.

Comment

• what the heck?? what manny opponent got paid more than 4 million????? not even floyd's recent opponents got paid more than that. broner and danny are punks. i know for sure terence crawford would fight manny for 3-4 million easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X