No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia and his dad confirm they received an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    its just funny how this dudes switches up. yesterday it was arum is lying and that there was never any talks between top rank and team broner, team garcia. but now that its true and that arum did try to get a fight with either of those two, now the offer is trash? lol!!
    This guy is a dumb@ss. Its useless replying to this kind of fan, cause u know at the end of the day he will come up with more dumb ****.

Comment

• canelo only made $5mil fighting TBE, and these fools is saying danny should get 5-6mil even 10 for fighting manny??? lmao!!!!! i guess they all see that the risk is bigger with manny then. fair enough!

Comment

• ****ing coward, piece of ****. Id fight Danny myself and beat the **** out of that bish ass weak Philly phony.

They know the Pacquiao risk is something else. They would have taken peanuts with floyd because with floyd u dont run any risk, all you have to do is try to catch him. This is one of the biggest names of our generations and you turn it down, you scared PUNK bish!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          Time to bump an old Angel Garcia quote :

“What I am trying to say is this; they are both elite fighters (Thurman vs. Porter) why would you fight each other when you can fight a fighter like Rod Salka”?

Here you go

Comment

• Arum has to learn how to negotiate with freemen, put the WHOLE pot on the table Bobby! Then we can talk about a split. Big Al knows what these fights are worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              phuck no!!! thats still way to much!! marquez only got $5mil, danny or broner is not gonna top marquez against manny in terms of ppv buys. you just said it, pac aint the ppv star that he once was so he needs someone with a fan base to even it out with his fan base. danny or broner will not come close to what marquez brings when its against manny.
              If Amir Khan, who hasn't done **** lately, wasn't a champion or even a mandatory and actually got KTFO by Garcia himself managed to make 12+ Mil against Canelo (when it's all said and done), who probably has the same drawing power as Pacquiao has right now, I think Garcia asking for 8 Million against Pacquiao is not so unrealistic.

Difference is Golden Boy saw no risk in Khan and paid him what he wanted because the knew they were gonna win anyways so giving up some millions for the exposure while remaining the A side wasn't a bad idea, Arum doesn't think this way and I don't think he was even serious about making the Garcia fight or even the Broner fight, Pacquiao is gonna fight either Crawford or Vargas who are TR fighters and Pacquiao will get robbed and retire to pass the torch to another TR fighter, you can write that down cuz I said it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                First of all Danny Garcia didn't fight "bums" all his career, tell me any of the fighters right now that are 27 years old or younger that have a better resume than Danny Garcia at any weight, I'm not talking about actual wins and bad decisions, I'm just talking about the caliber of opposition that the man has faced.

Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero weren't the names Danny Garcia is at the moment, Danny Garcia is the guy at 147 that everyone wants to fight to make a good payday after Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's the man with the biggest drawing power because of all the names he got into the ring with, from Khan to Peterson to Matthysse to Guerrero and the list goes on and on, so of course you can't pay him what Floyd paid the guys you mentioned, of course he doesn't deserve 50-50 with Pacquiao either but 70-30 seems about fair to me, he can go fight Keith Thurman on NBC in a record breaking fight and make 6-7 Mil doing it, and I think it's even an easier fight for him than the Pacquiao fight.
                Well I was overstating the bum comment. Garcia has fought some good guys. But fighting good guys doesnt afford you a over the top money. You still have to go with market value. And even with Garcia good resume his market power isn't all that great.

Ortiz was a much bigger draw than Garcia is now when he fought Floyd, and he only made about 5 million if that. That version of Floyd that Ortiz fought is three to four maybe five times the draw that pacquiao is now.

So 3-4 million for Garcia is more than generous. By the way 6-7 million for Garcia to fight Thurman, come on.
                Last edited by boxinghead530; 07-15-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  pretty much

shame how they think a past prime, part time boxer is still too risky a move

the pus5yfication of boxing continues

Because they know Floyd would fight them, outbox them and maybe mess them up mentally at the worst....but at their best they can still say hey...Floyd is Floyd i got money i can move on.

Manny????

He will not only ice Danny, but he'd look like a prime 2009 Pacquiao against Broner who'd wait for him to slow down and look like **** to start fighting and he'd just be a human punching bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    If Amir Khan, who hasn't done **** lately, wasn't a champion or even a mandatory and actually got KTFO by Garcia himself managed to make 12+ Mil against Canelo (when it's all said and done), who probably has the same drawing power as Pacquiao has right now, I think Garcia asking for 8 Million against Pacquiao is not so unrealistic.

Difference is Golden Boy saw no risk in Khan and paid him what he wanted because the knew they were gonna win anyways so giving up some millions for the exposure while remaining the A side wasn't a bad idea, Arum doesn't think this way and I don't think he was even serious about making the Garcia fight or even the Broner fight, Pacquiao is gonna fight either Crawford or Vargas who are TR fighters and Pacquiao will get robbed and retire to pass the torch to another TR fighter, you can write that down cuz I said it!
                    canelo only made $5mil fighting TBE, you know the mayweather pay day so there's no way danny is getting $8mil for pac lmao!

khan jumped up and fought a guy twice his size.

arum has always paid pac's opponents anywhere from $3-6mil with the exception of a few names such as mosley and cotto. arum was never seriouys about making the fight with broner/danny? so i guess arum was the one that turn the offer down?

Comment

• One of my friends told me that Garcia turned the fight down. Surprised if true and I hope Garcia doesn't turn into an "0" protector.

Comment

Working...
                      X