No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia and his dad confirm they received an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
    LOL! Arum is trying to give those PBC Men that slave money. Put the WHOLE pot on the table Bob then we can talk about a split! You're NOT dealing with those ignorant HBO fighters it is a new day. If broner is talking 10 million and DG is turning this down that means Big Al knows how much Bobby is taking off the top.
    How many PPVs did Broner and Garcia sold so far? 3-4-5 millions is slave money? They never made more than 1,5-2 mill and now 3-4 mill is not good enough for them?

10 mill for Garcia? LOL GTFOH. Ur living in a dream world my man. None of those 2 will ever make this purse if all they fight is tune ups after tune ups. Fighting a guy like Manny is what makes u a star, not a Guerrero or a Theophane or whatever is name is.

Get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Brandon Rios money is an insult to the WBC champ...you guys are sharks.
      i guess he can go back to getting $1.5-2mil max then. backward thinking but hey its easy money lol.

Comment

• Al Haymon/Mayweather killed the sport. Boxing is dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Manny is not the PPV star he used to be 5 years ago, there's not enough money on the table for Pacquiao to get 20 Mil and for his opponent to get 10 Mil, I think the max. that a guy like Danny Garcia or Adrien Broner would be able to get against Pacquiao would be around 7-8 Mil and if they get offered that they should take the fight instantly, however 3-4 Mil is clearly because of Arum taking a big cut out of both fighters's purses, if Arum is out of it and it's the managers working with each others directly without big time promoters this fight would've already been made.
          phuck no!!! thats still way to much!! marquez only got $5mil, danny or broner is not gonna top marquez against manny in terms of ppv buys. you just said it, pac aint the ppv star that he once was so he needs someone with a fan base to even it out with his fan base. danny or broner will not come close to what marquez brings when its against manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
            Al Haymon/Mayweather killed the sport. Boxing is dead.
            I wouldnt say they killed it. Mayweather earned it. He took some fights early on and became the face of boxing. The problem is now, everyone think they are a Mayweather or a Pacquiao without even taking dangerous fights. They think that since Pac-May made 80mill+ they should all make 10 mill+ even if they never sold 1 PPV. People are lauighing at GGG 97k, but its 97k more than Garcia-Broner...

If thats the new generation, boxing wont be exciting for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              Im not trying to make this a Floyd thread but i want to put things in prespective. What did Ortiz, Guerrero and Maidana make when they fought Floyd? I think it was somewhere around 3-5 million if im not mistaken. I know it was no where near 10mill. And they fought Floyd when he was on top of his earning power before the Pac fight.

And its very safe to say the version of Floyd is a way bigger earner than the version of Pac now.

So for Garcia to want to get 10 mill vs this earning version of pac is outragous. Garcia getting 10 mill for the version of Pac when he was at his height of the game is still overpaying him.

Haymon is overpaying Garcia to much for fighting bums, which is why he turned this offer down.
              First of all Danny Garcia didn't fight "bums" all his career, tell me any of the fighters right now that are 27 years old or younger that have a better resume than Danny Garcia at any weight, I'm not talking about actual wins and bad decisions, I'm just talking about the caliber of opposition that the man has faced.

Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero weren't the names Danny Garcia is at the moment, Danny Garcia is the guy at 147 that everyone wants to fight to make a good payday after Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's the man with the biggest drawing power because of all the names he got into the ring with, from Khan to Peterson to Matthysse to Guerrero and the list goes on and on, so of course you can't pay him what Floyd paid the guys you mentioned, of course he doesn't deserve 50-50 with Pacquiao either but 70-30 seems about fair to me, he can go fight Keith Thurman on NBC in a record breaking fight and make 6-7 Mil doing it, and I think it's even an easier fight for him than the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                How many PPVs did Broner and Garcia sold so far? 3-4-5 millions is slave money? They never made more than 1,5-2 mill and now 3-4 mill is not good enough for them?

10 mill for Garcia? LOL GTFOH. Ur living in a dream world my man. None of those 2 will ever make this purse if all they fight is tune ups after tune ups. Fighting a guy like Manny is what makes u a star, not a Guerrero or a Theophane or whatever is name is.

Get it?
                its just funny how this dudes switches up. yesterday it was arum is lying and that there was never any talks between top rank and team broner, team garcia. but now that its true and that arum did try to get a fight with either of those two, now the offer is trash? lol!!

Comment

First of all Danny Garcia didn't fight "bums" all his career, tell me any of the fighters right now that are 27 years old or younger that have a better resume than Danny Garcia at any weight, I'm not talking about actual wins and bad decisions, I'm just talking about the caliber of opposition that the man has faced.

Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero weren't the names Danny Garcia is at the moment, Danny Garcia is the guy at 147 that everyone wants to fight to make a good payday after Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's the man with the biggest drawing power because of all the names he got into the ring with, from Khan to Peterson to Matthysse to Guerrero and the list goes on and on, so of course you can't pay him what Floyd paid the guys you mentioned, of course he doesn't deserve 50-50 with Pacquiao either but 70-30 seems about fair to me, he can go fight Keith Thurman on NBC in a record breaking fight and make 6-7 Mil doing it, and I think it's even an easier fight for him than the Pacquiao fight.
                  How will Garcia make 6-7 mill fighting Thurman? Lol come on man, be serious. No way he makes that kind of money fighting an unknown to casual fans. even him hes unknown to casuals.

Comment

• Time to bump an old Angel Garcia quote :

“What I am trying to say is this; they are both elite fighters (Thurman vs. Porter) why would you fight each other when you can fight a fighter like Rod Salka”?

Comment

lol if you say so... if only it was that easy huh.

Comment

Working...
                      X