Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand Officially Revealed By Roc Nation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another bizarre choice of opponent. He does know he's meant to be 'tuning up' for Kovalev? If this is his final prep then good luck to him when Krusher comes knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Just the 13th ranked LHW in the world. You've never heard of Alvarez, Bellew, Grachev, Edison Miranda or Vlasov?
      Both are going AGAINST P4P Top #3 guys AND BOTH have ZERO chance of winning. BOTH will be HUGE DOUBLE digit underdogs.
      Again NEITHER one has a chance of winning. I'm just wondering why hate on one but not the other???

Comment

HBO could have made two fights with the money they're using for this fights.
        That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I'll fill in the gaps.....

39 years old, never fought at 175, not ranked in the top 20 at 168 either
          His last fight was at LHW vs. an undefeated Russian.
          http://boxrec.com/show/724033

His only loss is a SD to a top 3 SMW.

His age is irrelevant as he turned pro at 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            His last fight was at LHW vs. an undefeated Russian.
            http://boxrec.com/show/724033

His only loss is a SD to a top 3 SMW.

His age is irrelevant as he turned pro at 32.
            So Ward is doing what Hunter is so good at saying then........he's stepping up then.Pick em fight really!

Comment

People asking how this helps with Kovalev, it doesnt. Smh. It keeps him active, it gives him another full training camp and fight prep before november. It puts his ass in a ring in front of a crowd, somewhere he hasn't been quite often as of late. In short it keeps him fresh, active, and wipes away a bit of the rust. It's not hard to understand unless you don't want to understand it. No sparring or training can simulate a full fight camp and a live boxing match. That's literally not how the sport works for these guys.

Comment

RocNation better be putting on a dynamite undercard cause this is a bs fight.
                I hope Brand is at least making a few dollars for the beat down he's gonna get.
                I'm almost embarrassed for Ward. SMH

Comment

p4p #1 doe....what a s#it era of boxing to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckHook85 View Post
                    What is up with the criticism of Ward? GGG has been taking tune ups his entire career. Ward is a proven champion looking to take over another division. Let him shake the rust off. He's always willing to fight the best and never ducks anyone. Please don't tell real boxing fans he turned down GGG, Bute, Stevenson, Froch (seriously dude). If you don't like him just say it. Don't make up bs ducking allegations.
                    Seriously dude, Ward has turned down fights with all 4 of them.

Comment

Glad hes taking another fight before kov. Bhilds up the fight better

Comment

Working...
                      X