No announcement yet.

The myth of Thurman's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    He has enough power. It's not a weakness and that's all that matters.
    Real talk.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      I made my point fella'.
      Put Keith in a dead division and he looks like the 2nd coming.

Bundu is tough and awkward...he's never beens stopped...nor has Porter.

So Brook and Khan(Brits) are the only ones to escape the wrath of lil Timmeh

Stop the nationalistic trolling.
      I'm not saying Bradley can't win, I'm just saying he'd have it tough against guys like that.

It's mad to think Thurman is a power puncher, as is your opinion. Thats stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Can we all put this to bed now? I told you all, if Thurman can't stop a middle aged, european level fighter ,he hasn't got world beating power. Porter literally walked through Thurman's punches after round 2 or 3 when he did get somewhat stunned. That was it.

That midget Broner hurt Porter worse.

Thurman ain't got world level power.
        I think Thurman has way above average power for a world class welterweight. Nobody knocks out everybody. How many welterweights fighting today hit harder than Thurman? His KO percentage is something like 82% which means he KOs 8 of every 10 fighters he faces. That's good punching power. He isn't a GGG or Kovalev type puncher but he is a good puncher. Broner caught Porter running in with a perfect punch and Broner is also a good puncher. If Thurman had landed a perfect punch I think he would have dropped and probably stopped Porter. He hurt Porter but never landed that Sunday punch. Porter never dropped Thurman either and Porter is a decent puncher. I think Thurman has good world level power.

Comment

Can't think of many at 147 who hit harder than him.

Comment

I don't care about his power or lack thereof for now. It was a good fight. I haven't seen such an electrifying fight for a long while. It put me on the edge of my seat throughout. I knew it was a 50/50 fight. And it was. These are the kinds of fights that make boxing alive and kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I think Thurman has way above average power for a world class welterweight. Nobody knocks out everybody. How many welterweights fighting today hit harder than Thurman? His KO percentage is something like 82% which means he KOs 8 of every 10 fighters he faces. That's good punching power. He isn't a GGG or Kovalev type puncher but he is a good puncher. Broner caught Porter running in with a perfect punch and Broner is also a good puncher. If Thurman had landed a perfect punch I think he would have dropped and probably stopped Porter. He hurt Porter but never landed that Sunday punch. Porter never dropped Thurman either and Porter is a decent puncher. I think Thurman has good world level power.
              Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Can't think of many at 147 who hit harder than him.
              Name me 1 world class fighter he KOd?

Comment

people defending bundu and they crucify GGG for fighting monroe or wade or ishida but he is awkward doe.... a 40 years old featherfisted man who never fought outside europe till that fight.... awkward

Comment

Thurman obviously has KO power but he doesn't know how to set up a knockout. He's use to landing on big shot and boxers falling over at the lower level but now he needs to set the KO out with feints and touches.

He and David Lemule share this same problem. Both have tremendous power but everything they throw is a power shot. When you can see the punches coming it's easier to brace yourself for impact or slip the sky altogether.

Comment

everyone time he has stepped up, the KO's completely dry up.

clearly overrated power.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      I don't care about his power or lack thereof for now. It was a good fight. I haven't seen such an electrifying fight for a long while. It put me on the edge of my seat throughout. I knew it was a 50/50 fight. And it was. These are the kinds of fights that make boxing alive and kicking.
                      Amen to that

Comment

Working...
                      X