No announcement yet.

The myth of Thurman's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Though Bradley has a strong case of being #1 WW I kind of feel he is declining with each fight, Provodnikov, Vargas fights were pretty close. I think Brook has crapped after his Porter fight. I'll put Thurman above him because he has done better than Brook in WW..
    How was the Vargas fight close? Bradley, in the eyes of fans and journalists, won just about every round apart from the last one. That's like saying Martinez v Chavez Jr was close.

I agree, Brook has taken a step back but Thurman has only just taken a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      How was the Vargas fight close? Bradley, in the eyes of fans and journalists, won just about every round apart from the last one. That's like saying Martinez v Chavez Jr was close.

I agree, Brook has taken a step back but Thurman has only just taken a step up.
      Ok may be I generalized about Vargas and Provodnikov fight.. Vargas wasn't that close but Provodnikov was.. Also Thurman deserves more than Brook imo.. Brooks resume only calls out Porter, Thurman has callazo, Gurrerro, Porter.. Again Guerrero isn't a legit top 10 but easily within top 15 and considering the IBF mandatories Brook has been fighting Thurmans resume is better than Brooks'. The fact that we are debating #1 WW clearly shows that we don't have a consensus #1 atm, we need more unifications and more fights amongst the top 5 to establish that numero uno..

Comment

Ok may be I generalized about Vargas and Provodnikov fight.. Vargas wasn't that close but Provodnikov was.. Also Thurman deserves more than Brook imo.. Brooks resume only calls out Porter, Thurman has callazo, Gurrerro, Porter.. Again Guerrero isn't a legit top 10 but easily within top 15 and considering the IBF mandatories Brook has been fighting Thurmans resume is better than Brooks'. The fact that we are debating #1 WW clearly shows that we don't have a consensus #1 atm, we need more unifications and more fights amongst the top 5 to establish that numero uno..
        Khan has Alexander and Collazo and Diaz and Algieri...so shouldn't he get a mention on that merit then? I guess the belts probably give thurman and Brook a boost. Thinking back, I'd probably give the number 5 place to Khan over Porter.

And I think Bradley should be consensus number one but fights with Brook, Thurman, Garcia and Khan would solidify his cause.

It's all up in the air and if these fights hapen over the next 18 months, it will be a good time for 147...bu tI doubt it.

Comment

As you move up in competition, the opponents are not only more skilled, but more durable. When fighting B-level and up boxers, Thurman's knockouts will likely come late in fights if at all. Thurman can punch, but his power isn't so devastating it will carry him through multiple weight classes or that he should be picked to knockout any decent fighter within four rounds.

Comment

he has power ur not gonna knock out everyone especially when u step up in comp, he has power maybe his name should be changed to "4 times" instead of one

Comment

Khan has Alexander and Collazo and Diaz and Algieri...so shouldn't he get a mention on that merit then? I guess the belts probably give thurman and Brook a boost. Thinking back, I'd probably give the number 5 place to Khan over Porter.

And I think Bradley should be consensus number one but fights with Brook, Thurman, Garcia and Khan would solidify his cause.

It's all up in the air and if these fights hapen over the next 18 months, it will be a good time for 147...bu tI doubt it.
              you make a good point about Khan, I have put Khan above Porter.. But both don't make the top 5..
              At this point there are too many players with the titles and some of them haven't even faced the best in the division..
              Yeah these guys have to face each other to chalk out the top WWs, add Spence into the mix and we would have the best fights and make this division exciting all over again..

Comment

you make a good point about Khan, I have put Khan above Porter.. But both don't make the top 5..
                At this point there are too many players with the titles and some of them haven't even faced the best in the division..
                Yeah these guys have to face each other to chalk out the top WWs, add Spence into the mix and we would have the best fights and make this division exciting all over again..
                Haymon essentially runs 147, he could give us a unified division instead of milking off of useless fights in a matter of 18 months.

Comment

Can we all put this to bed now? I told you all, if Thurman can't stop a middle aged, european level fighter ,he hasn't got world beating power. Porter literally walked through Thurman's punches after round 2 or 3 when he did get somewhat stunned. That was it.

That midget Broner hurt Porter worse.

Thurman ain't got world level power.
                  Yeah like you being a snitch

Comment

Working...
                  X