Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Beat Thurman, We Need That Rematch - Fans Want It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    If Thurman doesn't develop a good jab and a decent straight right hand down the pipe for the rematch he's gonna have the exact same problems he had last night.

Plus I think the long layoff really affected how that fight played out, I've seen both guys in much better shape before (talking about stamina), Porter had trouble making weight and gassed late and was taken to the hospital after the fight, Thurman took like 3-4 rounds off in the middle of the fight and looked chubbier than normal during training camp, hppefully a rematch would take place soon. Layoffs are fighters' worst enemy.

Great fight nonetheless, that's what boxing needs, the top guys fighting + giving the fans a show!

I agree, I was expecting Thurman to throw a lot more right hands to help maintain his distance and Porter was open for them all night. Thurman's jab was effective, but he didn't throw enough of them, but he did land some good left hooks though.

Anyways, great fight. Both guys delivered and really fought to win. Would love to see a rematch down the road sometime as long as it isn't next.

Comment

If i'm Thurman, Porter doesn't get a rematch unless he gets a belt, or becomes my mando! Thurman should seek a fight with Timothy Bradley or Miguel Cotto next! If Cotto was willing to face Marquez at 150, why not Thurman? Cotto vs. Thurman would do great in NYC or Orlando! Make it happen!

Comment

Can we all agree it was a Damn good fight?
        I got so caught up in the action that I didn't even try scoring the fight. I was happy with the winner either way as long as the judges had it xlosw. 115-113 either way was just IMO because it was a close fight. KT rocked Porter once - I feel the second one he was off balance . and Porter hurt KT to the body just as bad. What I did notice was Farhood gave KT the round he buzzed Porter but didn't give Porter the round he hurt KT. I know his card don't mean siht but I found that odd.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          Can we all agree it was a Damn good fight?
          I got so caught up in the action that I didn't even try scoring the fight. I was happy with the winner either way as long as the judges had it xlosw. 115-113 either way was just IMO because it was a close fight. KT rocked Porter once - I feel the second one he was off balance . and Porter hurt KT to the body just as bad. What I did notice was Farhood gave KT the round he buzzed Porter but didn't give Porter the round he hurt KT. I know his card don't mean siht but I found that odd.
          I think that round was thurmans. Porter hurt keith to the body but everything was keiths before and after that.

Comment

Regardless. It was not a walk in the park for Thurmann. He carries himself as if he is the next God of boxing. Which he isn't because Porter just brought him down from his egoistic cloud travel

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
              What I did notice was Farhood gave KT the round he buzzed Porter but didn't give Porter the round he hurt KT. I know his card don't mean siht but I found that odd.
              He made the right call, Thurman still won that round.

Comment

I didn't see it as a Porter win. It was a draw at best. However, Porter showed that he's still a force to be reckoned with in the welteweight division. I can see some big fights for him in the near future.

Comment

I actually thought Thurman won clear and had him up by a pretty big margin. Porter is just such and ugly fighter and smothers his own work that any rounds that may have been close went to Thurman for me, for being sharper and landing the best punches in the rounds. It was a great primetime showing for Thurman IMO. Even though he was rusty with the long lay off, he looked good.

I agree with some others posters, Porter can get to the back of the line or just move on to something else. His style just makes me want to puke, it's so ugly.

Comment

I had it , 7-5 fot porter, that body shot in the seventh round was amazing thurman was really hurt

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                      He made the right call, Thurman still won that round.
                      No way thurman won that round , go get yourselve a lair of glasses

Comment

Working...
                      X