Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Beat Thurman, We Need That Rematch - Fans Want It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were a few rounds in the beginning that were very sloppy and tough to score. I personally felt the fight was 6-6, but 7-5 for the champ is not like some robbery. Thurman did land the more telling blows more frequently. I think a rematch is definitely warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
      Regardless. It was not a walk in the park for Thurmann. He carries himself as if he is the next God of boxing. Which he isn't because Porter just brought him down from his egoistic cloud travel
      I don't think that's true, it just seems like he cares a lot about what the fans think. He just tries to genuinely please the fans. He talks about wanting to fight the best so fans know who's the best. He's just really competitive which is a good trait to have in boxing. I wish more fighters thought they were 'the next god of boxing' and wanted to prove it like KT

Comment

It was a close ass fight so you can't complain too much what the decision woulda been, but f#ck yea lets see it again. Looks like Thurman will have a bs mandatory first off doe so Porter can get in some activity himself in the meantime so ideally both will be more active if/when they do rematch..

Comment

I had porter winning. Before the fight I predicted Thurman would win because I thought he would outbox porter in the middle of the ring all night and maybe knock him out late. Instead he spent most of the night fighting porters fight backing up and getting bullied against the ropes. When Thurman was able to box and have distance he won those exchanges easily but didn't do it enough. I thought porter gassed out a bit down the stretch losing rounds 10 and 11 when he stopped pressuring and coming forward. Very close fight could of went either way. Not a robbery as neither fighter dominated this fight and it came down to a few close rounds where it depends on which style you prefer.

Comment

Porter gave his all but still came up Short in losing

close fight probably a draw but Porter won the fan base & crowd
            Porter still won the fight by winning the fans and the crowd to Port's side. Thurman is hated in the boxing circles with that big mouth and small stature. The fight was probably a DRAW. tHURMAN just doesn't have any fan appeal.

Comment

Until Porter learns how to create space on the inside and stop smothering himself he won't beat the elite fighters in this division. You score the cleaner more effective punches.

He does a very good job of getting where he needs to be but once he gets there he doesn't inflict damage.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Until Porter learns how to create space on the inside and stop smothering himself he won't beat the elite fighters in this division. You score the cleaner more effective punches.

He does a very good job of getting where he needs to be but once he gets there he doesn't inflict damage.
                I thought he scored a lot on the inside. Thurman didn't have much more than the earmuffs going on and there was lots of room for Porter's hooks. It's when he took a half step back and allowed some distance that Thurman nailed him. Happened throughout the fight.

Comment

Also I hear some people saying the fans booing thurman are because it was a porter crowd or acting like them going nuts with the decision is just because their guy didn't win. This was NOT a home town fighter. Matter fact my brother was at this fight live and told me 2/3s of the crowd came in rooting for thurman , but by the end almost everyone was rooting or felt porter won. The fight was in Brooklyn one guy is a Midwest fighter the other from Florida so I don't think fans booing had to do with anything but them liking porter's come forward aggressive style and thought his punches did more damage on thurman. And they were not swayed by a very bias showtime broadcast that was pushing thurman from the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I'd love it, but I also wouldn't mind Shawn picking up a couple other wins then having a big rematch.
                    If it wasn't a draw (which I scored it), then Porter should have won, IMO.
                    He should have known that this would be the outcome unless he stopped Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Also I hear some people saying the fans booing thurman are because it was a porter crowd or acting like them going nuts with the decision is just because their guy didn't win. This was NOT a home town fighter. Matter fact my brother was at this fight live and told me 2/3s of the crowd came in rooting for thurman , but by the end almost everyone was rooting or felt porter won. The fight was in Brooklyn one guy is a Midwest fighter the other from Florida so I don't think fans booing had to do with anything but them liking porter's come forward aggressive style and thought his punches did more damage on thurman. And they were not swayed by a very bias showtime broadcast that was pushing thurman from the bell.
                      I thought Porter did enough to win, draw worst case. I even said before the fight that they were going to rob Porter if it was close.....so obvious it was a fight that Thurman was supposed to win and unless he got stopped, he was going to win no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                      X