No announcement yet.

No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...
    The corruption in boxing killed it. The refs letting people clinch. The best avoiding the best. You should not be able to make millions if you're not fighting the best man in your division.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      The corruption in boxing killed it. The refs letting people clinch. The best avoiding the best. You should not be able to make millions if you're not fighting the best man in your division.
      Then how would GGG get paid?

Comment

I live in the mountains near Albuquerque, New Mexico and get the Albuquerque newspaper. They only cover the very biggest boxing matches and nothing less. They won't say a word about the Porter-Thurman fight in the sports section. They will completely cover any UFC event and often put it on the front page. It's a shame but that's the way things are in New Mexico. UFC is big news to the media. Important boxing matches often get no coverage at all here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          GGG is the best man in his division, so he should get paid every fight until he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

by fighting JWWs....like Canelo

Comment

It is pretty ****ing dead right now. No buzz at all besides from people I know who enjoy boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

because the best boxing has to offer, after years of build up was that **** we saw last year and Garcia, Thurman and Porter refusing to step up/just stepping up. Porter had one genuine world class fight and he lost that.

How are we supposed to get excited about Thurman v Porter?

On top of all that, there's no context and no guarantee. Whoever wins is not guaranteed to fight Garcia or brook next and the division remains divided. No one gives a **** when you have min 4 guys calling themselves champion.

Comment

Because even the hardcore fans ***** or nip pick good fight like this...and no matter what they wont give a great fighter like the wards floyds props ...

Comment

Thurman/Porter isn't a big fight. It's just a good fight between two welterweight contenders. I wouldn't expect the casual audience to care much.

Comment

Working...
                    X