No announcement yet.

No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    These are the types of match-ups that lead to fighters becoming part of the "elite". It's comparable to Bradley/Alexander, two guys who are good and the winner will start being perceived as a potentially great fighter.
    Did Bradley or Alexander lose badly before facing each other?

I mean like Porter lost to Brook?

Other than that i agree, there wasn't much Hype back then as well and back then they were probably the best fighters at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      These are the types of match-ups that lead to fighters becoming part of the "elite". It's comparable to Bradley/Alexander, two guys who are good and the winner will start being perceived as a potentially great fighter.
      I agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        C'mon Larry, people are excited cause we finally get a fight that will start separating these dudes at welterweight and clearing up the picture. For some reason I have a feeling this may be it for the year though in the division. I don't consider Brook vs Vargas as big cause I don't rate Vargas high at all, he beat a freaking prospect to get that WBO belt.

But anyway we need to start getting some clarity as to who is gonna be the man at 147. This fight will start moving us toward that direction.
        I agree..i guess i was being a D1ck..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Did Bradley or Alexander lose badly before facing each other?

I mean like Porter lost to Brook?

Other than that i agree, there wasn't much Hype back then as well and back then they were probably the best fighters at the weight.
          Well, there was a segment of boxing fans that believed Alexander lost to Kotelnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Speak for yourself buddy! Everyone here in Mexico is jumping up and down every day talking about the fight. Me and our tribe in Guadalajara are happy we get a real fight from real men unlike saul who we have disowned!
            Ok but Mexico is a boxing country the USA is not

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              lol..................
              Golovkin is trying to fight guys that have publicly said they don't wanna fight him, different case. Not his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...
                NO EXCITEMENT AT ALL!!!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  I am personally, I meant there's just no buzz in general...its just sad that nobody follows boxing anymore.. I can't wait to watch it!
                  Absolutely no buzz at all!!!!!!

Comment

War Boxing!!!

This fight lived up to the hype and then some

Comment

Working...
                    X