No announcement yet.

No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Sold out venue, opening up more seats. Both fighters on ESPN today. An all access show. But there's no buzz for the fight? Do you live in a bubble?
    Not inside your PBC bubble that's for sure...

Comment

Eh, no need to argue. We'll find out in 2 days.

This is arguably the best fight PBC has ever put on. The ratings should be through the roof. When Thurman faced Guerrero, PBC did 3.4m viewers. I expect the same amount for this card.

Comment

White americans dont watch boxing cuz they cant relate
        Where are the white american boxers? Like in any division, theres next to none which is pretty pathetic.
        Theyre all in the UFC, so its no wonder North america are gravitating to UFC. If they could even produce one half decent boxer in any weightclass above Superfeatherweight he could attract a lot more casuals, like Kelly Pavlik did.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Where are the white american boxers? Like in any division, theres next to none which is pretty pathetic.
          Theyre all in the UFC, so its no wonder North america are gravitating to UFC. If they could even produce one half decent boxer in any weightclass above Superfeatherweight he could attract a lot more casuals, like Kelly Pavlik did.
          relate to what? I could see if you said we don't watch street shooting competitions lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...
            MMA is killing boxing and is the future. You start seeing more and more mixed martial arts gyms with kids training.

Everyone in boxing especially the boxers are to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              It's a niche sport. I go to bars for UFC events and it's lit. Boxing I have to watch at home because there's no fans.

It's so difficult to follow. Scoring fights is confusing, the cards are on 45 different channels and there's 400 champions. Cornelius K9 Bundrage is a 2x world champion.

It's funny. My 12 year old cousin watches boxing with me and asked me one day "why are all the boxers undefeated?"
              lol I had a great laugh at this. Thank you.

Comment

OmG!!! Such a racist post!!!

Where's the anti racism mafia when you need them?

Comment

This has nothing to do with anything and you know it. There have rarely ever been many white boxers around, yet a large number of white folk still are big fans of boxing, including myself. Come off it.

Comment

Yeah no one knows Thurman or Porter..they are names to real boxing fans but not to the casual fan. UFC is huge, Boxing became to corrupt with all the alphabet organizations and rip off PPV prices. Me personally cant wait to see this fight happen, they are both at there peak..its going to be a great fight. I like Porter in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Not inside your PBC bubble that's for sure...
                      THERE IS NO BUZZ FOLKS BECAUSE JSMOOTH9876 SAYS THERE IS NOT BUZZ!!!!!!

The same hardcore boxing fans that hate on everything PBC on twitter don't know WTF is going on outside their twitter bubble. Boxing fans and boxing twitter media don't realize how insignificant they are to the national scene

Comment

Working...
                      X