No announcement yet.

No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    So nobody saw them on ESPN first take this morning? Nobody watched the all access show? Nobody heard they just opened more sections of the stadium because the tickets they allotted sold out? If you don't see the hype for this fight you're not paying attention.
    They just want anything associated with Haymon to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      They just want anything associated with Haymon to fail.
      They make up stuff in their heads. Sometimes I think they're alts talking to themselves

Comment

I think it sat too long. I remember being really excited but now, eh, I'll catch it but I wouldn't cancel any social obligations for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Boxing is seriously in the toilet amongst casual fans, I work with about 100 other guys and all I hear talked about is fking UFC 200 or whatever the fk it is in July...not one guy has said a word about the fight Saturday night... If it's not Mayweather or Pacquaio people just don't know or care about it. I don't blame HBO- showtime-PBC for cutting budgets and bad ratings, boxing is just a dead sport and I don't see how anything short of a Tyson type character coming along will change it...

PBC will probably be gone when the money dries up, HBO can't afford to pay for big fights now so everything is going to PPV, showtime lost half its viewers from 2 years ago...Why can't the sport gain any traction with the younger audience? Is it only close to 40 guys like me and older that Keep boxing alive? And of course Mexicans lol...
          It's a niche sport. I go to bars for UFC events and it's lit. Boxing I have to watch at home because there's no fans.

It's so difficult to follow. Scoring fights is confusing, the cards are on 45 different channels and there's 400 champions. Cornelius K9 Bundrage is a 2x world champion.

It's funny. My 12 year old cousin watches boxing with me and asked me one day "why are all the boxers undefeated?"

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            They make up stuff in their heads. Sometimes I think they're alts talking to themselves

Oh stop.....I bought tickets to this fight when it was in Connecticut...I don't want anything to fail..... Neither of these guys have fought in a fking year now....

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Oh stop.....I bought tickets to this fight when it was in Connecticut...I don't want anything to fail..... Neither of these guys have fought in a fking year now....
              Sold out venue, opening up more seats. Both fighters on ESPN today. An all access show. But there's no buzz for the fight? Do you live in a bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                It's probably because wins don't lead to anything big in the PBC arena. Takes years if at all. Jacobs vs Quillin is quickly forgotten, for example. No fight scheduled yet for the champ. The other Danny, Garcia, doesn't have any fight scheduled yet as well. There's no continuity. It's like watching most movies with no sequels.
                It's become standard nowadays. Wins don't lead to anything bigger. That's why fans hardly remember fighters. It almost become just about watching people make their living.

Comment

Thurman ducked the fight for over a damn year now he says he was less than 100% heading into camp. Whatever....the problem is that PBC thinks it has "stars" just because they pay them millions. They aren't stars because their marketing is crap and they let the dudes fight cupcakes and avoid tough challenges. Stars are born because of taking risks, not hiding out from tough fights.

Comment

UFC 200 is a massive event. Their promotion craps all over anything boxing has.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Thurman/Porter isn't a big fight. It's just a good fight between two welterweight contenders. I wouldn't expect the casual audience to care much.
                      Exactly. In UFC these kinds of fight happens almost every event. Now us real boing fans are al excited when 2 good fighters fight since we so used to watch mismatches that we know 90% of the time who will win.

Still im excited for this Saturday

Comment

Working...
                      X