Collapse
No announcement yet.

No excitement for Thurman Vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would there be huge hype for this fight?

Its a decent fight, but nothing more. Why are we expecting there to be more?

Two welterweight contenders, in a pretty dormant division now that the top talent has retired

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      THERE IS NO BUZZ FOLKS BECAUSE JSMOOTH9876 SAYS THERE IS NOT BUZZ!!!!!!

The same hardcore boxing fans that hate on everything PBC on twitter don't know WTF is going on outside their twitter bubble. Boxing fans and boxing twitter media don't realize how insignificant they are to the national scene

So you mean the boxing media which is paid to cover boxing is covering the fight? Thanks for the insight....meanwhile the everyday man on Twitter couldn't give a fk about the fight according to that other one you posted...

I'm looking forward to the fight, you don't have to convince me..unless you're getting paid to do that by the PBC...you seem to be trying hard my man....

Comment

I'm totally looking to this fight and it's a pretty big fight in the whole realm of the welterweight division.

But damn the promotion for this fight has been straight up dog Shyte. This is what happens to fighters when they choose not to be under a proper promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          So you mean the boxing media which is paid to cover boxing is covering the fight? Thanks for the insight....meanwhile the everyday man on Twitter couldn't give a fk about the fight according to that other one you posted...

I'm looking forward to the fight, you don't have to convince me..unless you're getting paid to do that by the PBC...you seem to be trying hard my man....
          No it's not the boxing media that are paid to cover the sport. The national newspapers only send their writers to the big fights. I bet you can't even name who covers boxing for the Washington Post.

National print and cable media. Venue sold out and opening up more seats to the public. If this isn't buzz name me a fight with buzz

Comment

So what's next for the winner after the fight? Take another one year layoff?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Thurman/Porter isn't a big fight. It's just a good fight between two welterweight contenders. I wouldn't expect the casual audience to care much.
              I agree. Lets not pretend it's some mega match, and PBC does a terrible job of promoting itself in general.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the fight...it should be a solid fight.

But it is sad that with all of the depth PBC has at 147 there have been nothing but horrible matchups until this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                  So what's next for the winner after the fight? Take another one year layoff?
                  Winner takes Berto.

Comment

Twitter buzz is ehh because the fight has dragged on to take place for nearly a year.

Comment

well everyone is too busy trying to start a race war and talk about GGG, Floyd, and other things

Comment

Working...
                      X