No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
    You know, most of the time when you respond, you never give any bit of substance to back your argument. That, basically, makes you a troll. You swear constantly, and you always prefer to just insult rather than debate. That is the definition of a troll. That is what you are.

When I said that Lara's style is tailor-made for GGG's style, tell me how I got that wrong. If you prefer to just insult, then go on being a troll. But if I were to pose a question to you, will you run scared? How is Lara's style not tailor-made for GGG's style?

BTW, my favorite boxer is Keith "One Time" Thurman. Get a clue...not everyone is a troll here.
    Because ggg is a come forward kind of fighter that relies on his power, and Lara is a boxer that relies on his technic, defense and movement, I'll say that is the other way around, not stating that he will beat ggg, just saying...

Comment

LOL, first, you talk math, then list no actual mathematical figures or equations. Where's the simple math? If you were going to go with the Transitive Property, that doesn't apply to boxing. Styles make fights. You've been told this too many times already, yet come up with this weak counter-argument? Have you not seen GGG's fights? There's really only 1 way to beat GGG, & that's through the inside game, having a strong defensive game, & having a strong chin. I can't see Lara maintaining all those at a world level for a full 12 rounds against GGG...he's an out fighter...you don't just change your style overnight. Sure, it's been proven that you don't have to be the stronger fighter to win a boxing match...but you give me nothing to go by which would allow me to debate the issue. The real question is how is Lara going to beat GGG when he lacks the power to keep GGG honest, & he lacks the style to beat GGG on the cards. That's it. Counter-argue if you want.
      if you fight ggg in the inside you will get ktfo, unless you are a Marvin Hagler, then we will see the Russian on his back, but if he fight Lara, the only chance for the Cuban is to dance around and pot shot him to a decision, and no, Lara style is not made up for anyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
        Because ggg is a come forward kind of fighter that relies on his power, and Lara is a boxer that relies on his technic, defense and movement, I'll say that is the other way around, not stating that he will beat ggg, just saying...
        That's a fallacy. So, GGG doesn't rely on his technique & movement too? And GGG is said to be the best in the world at cutting off the ring...you add his preternatural power to that combo, & that leaves Lara nowhere to hide. Seriously, the power is real. As soon as Lara feels it, it's more likely he'll run rather than relying on his technique...he'll run to get the moral victory of not being KO'ed. Everyone who has ever fought GGG will tell you to your face that his power is real. So, for me to believe that someone who's a smaller boxer who doesn't have a strong inside game, is somehow going to beat GGG? You have to do a lot more convincing than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Vanes might have won if he did more with his left hook. He should have started doubling it to the body and head, mixing up which he started with, and working the right hand in when Lara expected the second hook.
          that is easy to say but really hard to do it against a guy with Lara's accuracy, or didn't you see all the straight left that Lara landed, and he was fighting a light heavyweight in vanes...

Comment

That's a fallacy. So, GGG doesn't rely on his technique & movement too? And GGG is said to be the best in the world at cutting off the ring...you add his preternatural power to that combo, & that leaves Lara nowhere to hide. Seriously, the power is real. As soon as Lara feels it, it's more likely he'll run rather than relying on his technique...he'll run to get the moral victory of not being KO'ed. Everyone who has ever fought GGG will tell you to your face that his power is real. So, for me to believe that someone who's a smaller boxer who doesn't have a strong inside game, is somehow going to beat GGG? You have to do a lot more convincing than that.
            I never say he doesn't have power, but I did say that pound for pound Lara is a better boxer than ggg, and his chance to win that fight is by using what got him there, his better boxing skills, so I don't see any deception on my post, but we all have an opinion, wrong or right, still if they don't fight we will never know, and what I like about Cubans fighters is that they don't duck anyone, they want to prove their mettle...

Comment

I never say he doesn't have power, but I did say that pound for pound Lara is a better boxer than ggg, and his chance to win that fight is by using what got him there, his better boxing skills, so I don't see any deception on my post, but we all have an opinion, wrong or right, still if they don't fight we will never know, and what I like about Cubans fighters is that they don't duck anyone, they want to prove their mettle...
              That's fair. I guess I was pointing out the obvious. I don't mind Cuban fighters. I just prefer a champion to fight other champions in their own weight division...or rather, I prefer a champion to call out the title-holders in their weight division who won't fight him, rather than continually calling out GGG in an effort to cash in.

Comment

if you fight ggg in the inside you will get ktfo, unless you are a Marvin Hagler, then we will see the Russian on his back, but if he fight Lara, the only chance for the Cuban is to dance around and pot shot him to a decision, and no, Lara style is not made up for anyone...
                Lara gets hit too much to the body, he cant afford that against GGG.

Comment

As usual for Canelo backers: always mention the money first. Money comes after sport...you don't make the fights the fans want, you don't get paid the money you want...simple. Let me ask you: you think Canelo is going to retire now since he has more money then he'll ever need? The money comparison only works when dividing the purse...it doesn't mean a damn thing when you're talking about the sport...when you're talking about the fight.

I already addressed your disbelief that GBP would go after Lemieux before BJS or Jacobs. But I'll re-dress it now just for you. Lemieux is an in-house fighter...the easiest fight to make, & it would be a fight at 160 to help Canelo acclimate to the division...easiest & most sound back-up plan available to him. It will be harder to negotiate & co-promote with the other 2, especially considering Jacobs is a Haymon fighter. GGG is more likely to get a Jacobs bout than Canelo.

You & other GGG critics can't ever get off that argument that GGG's resume is not good...yet, turn around & say that a credible fighter like Canelo shouldn't fight GGG...WHAT?!...that makes zero sense. If you think GGG is a hype job, shouldn't you be the first to say that Canelo should take the fight at 160 & then whoop him? You can't keep using double standards & not get called out on it. Yet, I'm going to continue to call it how it is, & you will probably continue to troll everyone...have fun with that, sadist

Oh look, I can copy & paste my response to 2 different threads too!...but, I must be overrated as a boxing fan huh...even though I did the same thing as you. Weird world you live in...
                  Nope, I never said anything like that.

I got no problem with that fight.

I just don't get why you guys are under the illusion that the middleweights Saunders/Jacobs, and the JMW Canelo..... all have to fall in line for Golovkin.

How the hell do you work that one out ?

Why is Golovkin's career their problem, or mine ?

So, Martinez and Cotto stiffed him, so what ?

Golovkin should be willing to negotiate with the little red kid..... especially after talking all that smack about "154-168", and the well-publicized "A-side" situation with Ward..... but extra-especially after being willing to consider a catchweight for Mayweather, Cotto, and Brook.

Now that Canelo has dropped the belt, there really aren't any reasons (excuses) why the fight shouldn't happen..... good for canelo, but aboutfkntime.

Comment

Actually Stevens, Monroe and Lemuiex don't rate Golovkins power for what it is worth all of them got knocked out.
                    Last edited by AneesMoha; 05-24-2016, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Nope, I never said anything like that.

I got no problem with that fight.

I just don't get why you guys are under the illusion that the middleweights Saunders/Jacobs, and the JMW Canelo..... all have to fall in line for Golovkin.

How the hell do you work that one out ?

Why is Golovkin's career their problem, or mine ?

So, Martinez and Cotto stiffed him, so what ?

Golovkin should be willing to negotiate with the little red kid..... especially after talking all that smack about "154-168", and the well-publicized "A-side" situation with Ward..... but extra-especially after being willing to consider a catchweight for Mayweather, Cotto, and Brook.

Now that Canelo has dropped the belt, there really aren't any reasons (excuses) why the fight shouldn't happen..... good for canelo, but aboutfkntime.
                      You made a couple of points

1) Saunders doesn't have to fall in line he gets a pass. Jacobs (Later this week) and Alvarez (before he Vacated) will be/ would of been mandatory fights dictated by the governing bodies of the titles they hold/held. Not bending to the will of Golovkin but rather the will of the Governing body.

2) I agree that there is no reason that the fight shouldn't be made if weight is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X