Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a robbery. Vanes won. Lara was hugging and running all night and receiving body punches and a few ones upstairs. All boring Lara did was pot shot as usual, no surprise the fans booed him and the decision. Imagine him vs Floyd, it would be a marathon of cowards.

Comment

Juniaboy nailed it re Golovkin's best options, although I would enjoy seeing him fight Lara. I think he'd track Lara down and beat him into submission/KO pretty easily...but right now I only think GGG is that good...I'd like to know for sure.

Somewhat disappointing night...all good fighters, but none stood out as exceptional. I had thought Jermall might, but I was wrong. Lara did win as I expected, but (if not for the bogus referee call) only by a round or two, and I suspect he'll be hurting worse than Vanes over the next week. I think any of the winners would be close competitors with Canelo, but I'd give Canelo a narrow edge at this point. I don't think any of them present a challenge to GGG (less than 10% chance, though due to styles, I think Canelo would have maybe a 25% chance).

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...rn-shot--93854

There you go.

:/... You can't walk around defending dudes without knowing these things man.

GGG got his belts. He was Cotto/Canelo's mando..now he has the belt and neither of their scalps. Back to square one.

He gained nothing but an extra fee to pay. Now who has GGG beat to be in the ring with Canelo and even Cotto? As money fights? They have no belts..he's no mando anymore..How is GGG increasing their earning potential for a fight? He isn't.. And that's why he can go beat on his mandos with ppv viewership in the 5 figures. This comes from a borderline GGG nuthugger in me..but even I can't spin it in his favor without my mind going "Hey man.. You make no f ucking sense. Put the nut hugging aside. Cant compete with facts."
        Best post ever by a GGG fan.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
          It was a robbery. Vanes won. Lara was hugging and running all night and receiving body punches and a few ones upstairs. All boring Lara did was pot shot as usual, no surprise the fans booed him and the decision. Imagine him vs Floyd, it would be a marathon of cowards.
          Robbery? Nah. It was a very close fight. I had Lara very slightly ahead. The ref killed Vanes's chances when he made that bullshit point deduction. It could've easily been a draw before then. And with the way these decisions go sometimes, Vanes could've even gotten the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
            You know that the most profitable boxer of all time in Mayweather got boo plenty of time.

People dismissed Lara as draw for his style but every time they mention his name he gets tons of comments, if people hate him they will watch him especially if is a good fight.
            Mayweather was the exception not the rule. Only mainstream defense fighter in history, seriously...

Most profitable? Yes, but a large part of that is due to inflation and the development of the PPV model. Most popular of all time? No way....

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
              You know that the most profitable boxer of all time in Mayweather got boo plenty of time.

People dismissed Lara as draw for his style but every time they mention his name he gets tons of comments, if people hate him they will watch him especially if is a good fight.
              That all sounds good but they don't watch or buy tickets. He's not even a bad guy, just a style that turns off viewers

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                He called Vanes " un pendejo" [idiot] before the fight in the dressing room and the translator heard it , smiled, and said something else .. as if the word idiot is really offensive
                pendejo is more than idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...rn-shot--93854

There you go.

:/... You can't walk around defending dudes without knowing these things man.

GGG got his belts. He was Cotto/Canelo's mando..now he has the belt and neither of their scalps. Back to square one.

He gained nothing but an extra fee to pay. Now who has GGG beat to be in the ring with Canelo and even Cotto? As money fights? They have no belts..he's no mando anymore..How is GGG increasing their earning potential for a fight? He isn't.. And that's why he can go beat on his mandos with ppv viewership in the 5 figures. This comes from a borderline GGG nuthugger in me..but even I can't spin it in his favor without my mind going "Hey man.. You make no f ucking sense. Put the nut hugging aside. Cant compete with facts."
                  So your answer, who was team Ggg offered the fight by? 2 words will suffice.

I dunno how you're trying to spin this Canelo thing into a net loss for Ggg, sometimes I wonder how sincere you are. There are obviously posters here paid for their output...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Ggg is a star though, and Lara is an anti draw that just barely got by Vanes and got booed
                    What f.uck'n planet are you living on bruh??? GGG is not a star. GGG did roughly 100K buys in his PPV. There's a decent chance Crawford-Postol challenges that. Canelo did 600K buys in a circus act. He did over 300K with this same Lara that isn't a draw. Did 300K with Angulo. All GGG does is sellout arenas witg cheap ticket prices. Canelo put 40K asses in a stadium with Trout. That's a star. GGG is just a goofy look'n sum-b1tch with a cult following of delusional fanboys. I'm asked all the time by casual fans, "who is GGG?" Dude is a nobody. And the biggest reason is becauee he fights nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcityusa805 View Post
                      Pendejo means pubic hair
                      Google translator says pendejo means stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X