No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I don't see the issue with making 155, especially now. GGG has his belt. I'm sure Canelo eould do it non-title. He said he could make 154 for Floyd. And the consensus is that Canelo is bigger than GGG. So even if GGG is weakening himself, theoretically so is Canelo.
    155 is a sham. What you should have said was: Canelo is draining down an extra 5 lbs for no reason. Boxing is not here to accommodate Canelo for whatever weight his body is willing to make at the time he wants to make a fight. That's not how it works. The guy won a 160 title...the guy held onto that 160 title...the guy defended at 160 title...now the guy doesn't want to fight at 160 for more titles?...how does any of this make sense? Even I was fooled into thinking that this 155 stuff was to ease him into the 160 division. It's played out already. Can Canelo make 154?...No?...then he should be fighting at 160. End of story.

Comment

Everybody dismissing Lara as a GGG opponent simply because he would be an underdog simply don't get it. Pretty much everybody not name Andre Ward or Sergey Kovalev south of the cruiserweight division will be an underdog against GGG. Its about GGG stepping outta the bubble he's placed himself in and fighting the best competition available to him. Regardless of how you feel about Lara. He's a guy that nobody has beaten convincingly. He's a guy that has an aura and a reputation as a guy nobody wants to fight. And he's a guy that its borderline impossible to look good against. And if GGG doesn't get his money fight against Canelo (who I felt Lara beat) next, who out there is better than Lara that's willing to fight GGG? Jacobs isn't gonna fight him next. Neither is Saunders. And honestly, a win over Lara is more impressive than beating both thoae guys. We get it, nobody wants to fight GGG. But that doesn't give him an excuse to fight **** like he did in his last fight. Especially when he has a much better fighter that wants to fight him.
      Very good post.

Comment

• Angulo was working on Lara's body and managed to kd him twice, but that was because Lara pinned himself to box with him, stopped dancing.
        I don't think Lara would stop dancing against GGG, he would outbox him EASY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Angulo was working on Lara's body and managed to kd him twice, but that was because Lara pinned himself to box with him, stopped dancing.
          I don't think Lara would stop dancing against GGG, he would outbox him EASY.
          He can't outbox him for ****...

Comment

• If GGG lands 10% of bodyshots Martirosyan landed, Lara gets rekt.

Comment

Pretty much THIS in a nutshell. Its the same **** over and over and over and over again with this dude. Its chase guys that don't wanna fight him. Not fight good fighters that WANT to fight him. Then fight a bum under the pretense that nobody better wants to fight him. I think Lara is tailormade for GGG and Gennady would f.uck him up. That said, I'd much rather see that than him fight another Wade.

This ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                The bolded is very contradictory of the denigrating post you posted earlier, just saying.

I respect Ward's talent, no doubt. As for Ward Kov I think putting that fight on PPV will be the biggest mistake in history. I'm not even sold it does 75k buys. I will be buying the fight for sure, but to anyone who isn't a hardcore boxing fan, they aren't interested. Trust me i know, been trying to get a fight party lined up, nobody is interested.....

maybe you need to confirm a date before arranging a fight-party ?

maybe that's why nobody is interested ?

Comment

• Lara is like Rigo, safety first fighters. Once they realized they have won the round they will avoid a fight.

Who really wants to see a guy land a few punches and run the rest of the round is beyond me.

Comment

• We need to bring back the stiff warning and immediate deductions upon the second clinch in boxing. One clinch = warning. Second clinch = Point deduction. Third clinch = another point deduction and warning for DQ. Fourth clinch = automatic DQ. Clinching was used in boxing only when a fighter was hurt/stunned to recover and accept a warning or lose a point to survive being temporarily vulnerable. Now Clinching is basically accepted as defense. I'm sorry Clinching to me is why Wlad, Floyd and Ward are overrated.

Lara ran and clinched too much to give him that win. I had Vanes winning that. Boxing is becoming a joke now, if you run away and clinch you win the round. The aggressor is at a huge disadvantage.

Canelo v. Lara was the perfect example of how boxing is falling off. Lara ran for 12 rounds, and the scorecards were close and Online nerds and some "journalists" said Lara should have won.

I wouldn't fight Lara unless he agrees to fight in a telephone booth, and no Kenny Mayless; in fact, I'd ask for one of those refs who reffed Hatton's fights in the UK if I were Triple G or anyone for that matter. Lara scores more points for clinches and avoiding shots than fighters get for landing shots on his running ass...

UFC > Boxing
                    Last edited by MisanthropicNY; 05-22-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Vanes might have won if he did more with his left hook. He should have started doubling it to the body and head, mixing up which he started with, and working the right hand in when Lara expected the second hook.

Comment

Working...
                      X