No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
    Angulo was working on Lara's body and managed to kd him twice, but that was because Lara pinned himself to box with him, stopped dancing.
    I don't think Lara would stop dancing against GGG, he would outbox him EASY.
    Turks know boxing. Just kidding, you're clueless

Comment

• This fight put me to sleep.

Comment

Angulo was working on Lara's body and managed to kd him twice, but that was because Lara pinned himself to box with him, stopped dancing.
        I don't think Lara would stop dancing against GGG, he would outbox him EASY.
        You do realize that Lara's style is tailor-made for GGG's style, right? If you run or if you try to box GGG from the outisde, you will lose. That's why there isn't a ton of interest from the fans to make a GGG/Lara fight. Not a lot of ppl care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qwikbarton View Post
          Juniaboy nailed it re Golovkin's best options, although I would enjoy seeing him fight Lara. I think he'd track Lara down and beat him into submission/KO pretty easily...but right now I only think GGG is that good...I'd like to know for sure.

Somewhat disappointing night...all good fighters, but none stood out as exceptional. I had thought Jermall might, but I was wrong. Lara did win as I expected, but (if not for the bogus referee call) only by a round or two, and I suspect he'll be hurting worse than Vanes over the next week. I think any of the winners would be close competitors with Canelo, but I'd give Canelo a narrow edge at this point. I don't think any of them present a challenge to GGG (less than 10% chance, though due to styles, I think Canelo would have maybe a 25% chance).
          Thank Qwikbarton...I'm just a humble fight fan. Lara hasn't done anything to earn a GGG fight (last 3 opponents were 40-yr-old Zaveck, 36-yr-old Delvin Rodriguez, & 37-year-old Ishe Smith; & now a rematch with Martirosyan that no one wanted...not exactly a challenging road there). And you are right about GGG beating Lara...Lara's style is tailor-made for GGG...most ppl don't realize that. Of course, the only guy out there with a realistic shot at beating him via fight style now fights at 175...well, the only 2 guys who could beat him (1 won't fight him due to their friendship). Definitely the guy who would pose the best challenge right now is Canelo...but Canelo vacated his belt. So, idk what will happen. When the stars are aligned for Canelo with the GGG fight in his grasp & 3 belts on the line, Canelo chose to walk away from that kind of a bout. It's a tough pill to swallow for fight fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Turks know boxing. Just kidding, you're clueless
            You are nothing but waste of semen.

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
              You do realize that Lara's style is tailor-made for GGG's style, right? If you run or if you try to box GGG from the outisde, you will lose. That's why there isn't a ton of interest from the fans to make a GGG/Lara fight. Not a lot of ppl care.
              Mate it's simple mathematics: if he's too strong for you, you should dance, otherwise you won't have a chance. It's proven that you don't necessarily have to be stronger than the other guy to win.

Comment

You are nothing but waste of semen.
                OK you sound like a semen preservation pro

Comment

Mate it's simple mathematics: if he's too strong for you, you should dance, otherwise you won't have a chance. It's proven that you don't necessarily have to be stronger than the other guy to win.
                  LOL, first, you talk math, then list no actual mathematical figures or equations. Where's the simple math? If you were going to go with the Transitive Property, that doesn't apply to boxing. Styles make fights. You've been told this too many times already, yet come up with this weak counter-argument? Have you not seen GGG's fights? There's really only 1 way to beat GGG, & that's through the inside game, having a strong defensive game, & having a strong chin. I can't see Lara maintaining all those at a world level for a full 12 rounds against GGG...he's an out fighter...you don't just change your style overnight. Sure, it's been proven that you don't have to be the stronger fighter to win a boxing match...but you give me nothing to go by which would allow me to debate the issue. The real question is how is Lara going to beat GGG when he lacks the power to keep GGG honest, & he lacks the style to beat GGG on the cards. That's it. Counter-argue if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                    LOL, first, you talk math, then list no actual mathematical figures or equations. Where's the simple math? If you were going to go with the Transitive Property, that doesn't apply to boxing. Styles make fights. You've been told this too many times already, yet come up with this weak counter-argument? Have you not seen GGG's fights? There's really only 1 way to beat GGG, & that's through the inside game, having a strong defensive game, & having a strong chin. I can't see Lara maintaining all those at a world level for a full 12 rounds against GGG...he's an out fighter...you don't just change your style overnight. Sure, it's been proven that you don't have to be the stronger fighter to win a boxing match...but you give me nothing to go by which would allow me to debate the issue. The real question is how is Lara going to beat GGG when he lacks the power to keep GGG honest, & he lacks the style to beat GGG on the cards. That's it. Counter-argue if you want.
                    If you are trying to be an idiot then I have nothing to say but you should have understood that I'm speaking figuratively when I say mathematics... It's a second language to me and I hope I don't need to explain what I actually mean to a possibly native speaker.
                    All GGG has is power, nothing else is special about him when compared to other stars or real hall of famers. No skill/reflex/speed/defense-wise advantage he has. Just makes his opponents cover up on corners or ropes then utilizes his power. Beat nobody (by nobody I mean no stars, you see?) but still you guys hype him up to stars.

Comment

If you are trying to be an idiot then I have nothing to say but you should have understood that I'm speaking figuratively when I say mathematics... It's a second language to me and I hope I don't need to explain what I actually mean to a possibly native speaker.
                      All GGG has is power, nothing else is special about him when compared to other stars or real hall of famers. No skill/reflex/speed/defense-wise advantage he has. Just makes his opponents cover up on corners or ropes then utilizes his power. Beat nobody (by nobody I mean no stars, you see?) but still you guys hype him up to stars.
                      Rovi, you clearly don't watch all the boxing matches. You need to go watch more GGG fights. He doesn't just have power. In the Lemieux fight, he mostly used his jab. GGG is one of the better practitioners of Mexican style...he's an aggressive counter-puncher who's style is tailor-made to beat out boxers. If you say GGG doesn't have skill/reflex/speed/defense, then you're clearly not watching boxing. According to Compubox, GGG has top-3 defensive stats. Going further then that, the guy barely gets punched cleanly...and even then, he shrugs it off with his granite chin. And he doesn't need a ton of speed if he has timing. In the Stevens fight, GGG corned him then didn't start punching away...he waited, waited until Stevens opened up & then knocked him down with a thunderous right. You must be clowning me if you think he just corners guys & then throws power punches. Timing will always beat speed. I've watched a ton of Lara's fights. Maybe you should do me the same courtesy.

Comment

Working...
                      X