Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mayweather held to such standards from certain posters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corpsman epoxied codkeodneodkdocndnwlanwuudyxhzns end

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
      Say what you want but dropping your belt to avoid someone damages your resume big time.
      Can anyone else offer me some clarity and remind me what belt Mayweather dropped?

Comment

calling yourself The Best Ever is probably a great place to start

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Dropped his belt? What belt?

Remind me because I don't recall Floyd vacating any belts that one must have slipped my mind.
          I found nothing. The only mention of him vacating titles I could find was after beating Pacquiao, when he was going to drop them all but ultimately didn't. Maybe he got stripped of one for inactivity I don't remember?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            calling yourself The Best Ever is probably a great place to start
            The crazy expectations were long before for that. The double standards too....how long have you been around, 2 years. I know you know better NE.

When he was humble pretty boy floyd calling everyone out. Ever since he beat Gatti and became a ppv star, when he beats someone they cook up someone else and he beats them, then its excuses.

Biased as HBO commentary since his early days. Never saw the winner of a fight get criticized during and after fights.

every time he beat some one fans called for, in come excuses

yet its fighters who havent accomplished a 3rd of what he has and they get hyped to the heavens.

Comment

Yea, as far as I know, Floyd has never dropped a belt to avoid defending it. I'm pretty certain of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I found nothing. The only mention of him vacating titles I could find was after beating Pacquiao, when he was going to drop them all but ultimately didn't. Maybe he got stripped of one for inactivity I don't remember?
                I don't believe so.

He got dropped from the rankings in May 2011 for inactivity but he wasn't holding any belts at the time. That's the only time he was dropped for inactivity.

After he beat Ortiz for the WBC he held that belt until the end. Same for the IBF from Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  It's cause he's Black and Golovkin is White. Hard truth.
                  This is fact and the rest are Pac fans

Comment

Originally posted by Calabis View Post
                    This is fact and the rest are Pac fans

the sad part, Golovkin is asian.....asian by citizenship, nationality and genetically. I know what these Pac fans and closet racist white fans really need....is it hope...or do they need...

Comment

Because people hate being wrong and a lot of posters have too much pride to admit they were thinking with emotion or hate or plain bias. So either they downplayed a win beforehand or had an excuse as to why the opponent lost after. Sometimes both. To this day there are some who can't give him the credit he deserves as the best of this era. Just human nature.

Comment

Working...
                      X