Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mayweather held to such standards from certain posters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    he was held to a higher standard before TBE, Money mayweather. When he was pretty boy floyd he got criticized for fights he won, dominated....thank mr. merchant and mr. bang bang bang.

so in essence, Mayweather is criticized for the same reason they pump up GGG. He hasnt had to extend himself either but he isnt fighting near the competition floyd did.

there is a difference between whitewashing a hall of famer(Marquez, Corrales) and knocking out no names(wade, ishida, monroe)

so, if its not GGG's fault that no one will fight him and he is being ducked, then it shouldnt be mayweathers fault for being in an era that didnt have a fighter or fighters that could push him to the limit. He was that good, and thats why he is in the conversation for the best of all time.

People who dont like him claiming he is the best ever need to use their brain, and if they were ever an athlete they'd understand. you dont give you life, time, blood, sweat and tears for a goal, succeed, just to say some one else is better than you. thats crazy and its stupid to me that people take offense to this when people said they were the best or greatest before him and they will after him.

It just seems like sour grapes and people are upset he hasnt lost and has proven them wrong time and time again.

who puts in so much work just to say someone else is better than you....thats stupid to be upset by another man's self belief. who is else is gonna believe in you if you dont?
    Log off for a bit. Go outside and take your mind off Mayweather, it'll make you feel better i promise.

Comment

more so outside of the ring, than in it...in the ring ..the dude is only 49-0 with over 20 champions beaten, over 20 titles fights and over a dozen title defenses of those titles.

Most of the criticism comes from personal preference. Some people dont like his personality or outside of ring persona so they downplay who he fought and his skills, label him a coward and a ducker. Some dont like his style. but boxing is hit and dont get hit. its called common sense.

I dont know any duckers who fight 15 former current/champions back to back and most of them he was past his prime. Dude was 30 way back in 2007 so its funny to me how people act like this guy is immortal and doesnt age. He was 30 and fighting in his 4th and 5th weight division

A lot of the criticism comes from Mayweather playing the villian being the villain and people are upset he hasnt lost yet so they move the goal posts each time he accomplishes something or fights someone they say he was afraid of i.e. Canelo, Cotto, Mosley, Pac, DLH, and Hatton(yes people said he ducked hatton until he kicked his azz)...when he beats them, in come excuses
      Floyd has never been concerned about being liked or his place in history. He's about one thing: money.

So why are you acting like his angry mom standing up for him when he's gotten what he's wanted?

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Log off for a bit. Go outside and take your mind off Mayweather, it'll make you feel better i promise.
        i didnt make the thread.....i replied

can you refute anything I said...you guys are a weird bunch

you know most of the criticism comes from him not losing and beating some fans hero, so their butt hurt....deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          Floyd has never been concerned about being liked or his place in history. He's about one thing: money.

So why are you acting like his angry mom standing up for him when he's gotten what he's wanted?
          WTF are you even talking about.....I answered LarryXXXX question. if you cant refute my statements, you need to fall back.

he is a prize fighter dummy...of course its about money

His place in history is stamped and sealed so im not standing up for anything. Just pointing out that people move the goal posts when he meets their expectations. you know im not lying and it has been done thousands of times by posters on this site.

you must be one of those people who are upset he has proven you wrong time and time again....must really suck being you. false hopes of his demise.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            calling yourself The Best Ever is probably a great place to start
            That is exactly true for me. Other posters tell me he is just selling tickets, but he got under my skin with that TBE stuff.

Comment

WTF are you even talking about.....I answered LarryXXXX question. if you cant refute my statements, you need to fall back.

he is a prize fighter dummy...of course its about money

His place in history is stamped and sealed so im not standing up for anything. Just pointing out that people move the goal posts when he meets their expectations. you know im not lying and it has been done thousands of times by posters on this site.

you must be one of those people who are upset he has proven you wrong time and time again....must really suck being you. false hopes of his demise.
              Tell me mom Mayweather, what exactly you like about him?

Who he is as a person? Beating up women. Flaunting his money. Saying dumb **** like why should I give to Africans, what have they done for me?

What he's done for boxing? Turning it from a sport to a business? We've seen the fallout just now with Canelo. Are you happy with that? Or his prefight glove BS? You love that?

Or maybe you love his style in the the ring. Holding a ton. Not putting punches together. Not being aggressive. Generally being dull to watch.

So what exactly do you like about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                They made threads like?

1-He never fought any prime elite fighters

2-He never fought bigger fighters(even tho he moved up 5 times

etc etc

His wins over

Manny
                Mosley
                Oscar
                Hatton
                Canelo
                Corrales
                Castillo
                Judah
                Jmm
                Hernendez
                Cotto

etc etc

were all slammed and picked apart

but the exact same posters big up GGG and say only the belts matter??? FLOYD WON MORE BELT FROM WAYYYYY BETTER COMP and yet with Mayweather his title wins are ripped apart even tho he HAS NOT WON NOT 1 VACANT TITLE PERIOD!!!! ALL OF HIS TITLE WINS WERE WON IN THE RING!!!! How can you explain this? how can his comp be ripped apart and GGG's celebrated?
                He's held to a higher standard because he's a top 5 all time fighter, no one else from this era can make a case for top 5 all time.

What people who hate him ignore is that he fought a lot of the top guys as soon as he possibly could. He begged for the De La Hoya fight for years. He also wanted prime Mosely. Those guys didn't have to fight him because there wasn't enough money back then. He made a fight with Cotto like 2 weeks after Cotto left Arum, it's obvious Arum was the issue. When he and Pacquaio had a chance meeting and talked themselves that fight go made, not before when Arum was involved. JMM? Canelo? Corrales? JLC 2x? all fought at the soonest those fights could get made.

Very few times will a prime gret fighter get a chance to fight another great in his prime. But the part of the equation people forget is that Floyd has been out of his prime for nearly a decade too, so when he's fighting a young bull like Canelo or a slightly past prime Pacquaio he's not near his prime and he's still putting on a clinic. There are zero fighters Floyd has faced that would have challenged him in his prime, a prime Mayweather would have always been too much for a prime Mosely, De la Hoya, Pacquaio, or Judah to handle.

Comment

• Well he calls himself TBE. And a lot of people don't like him. Who cares? He's great. And he retired. Let's leave him be

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    He's held to a higher standard because he's a top 5 all time fighter, no one else from this era can make a case for top 5 all time.

What people who hate him ignore is that he fought a lot of the top guys as soon as he possibly could. He begged for the De La Hoya fight for years. He also wanted prime Mosely. Those guys didn't have to fight him because there wasn't enough money back then. He made a fight with Cotto like 2 weeks after Cotto left Arum, it's obvious Arum was the issue. When he and Pacquaio had a chance meeting and talked themselves that fight go made, not before when Arum was involved. JMM? Canelo? Corrales? JLC 2x? all fought at the soonest those fights could get made.

Very few times will a prime gret fighter get a chance to fight another great in his prime. But the part of the equation people forget is that Floyd has been out of his prime for nearly a decade too, so when he's fighting a young bull like Canelo or a slightly past prime Pacquaio he's not near his prime and he's still putting on a clinic. There are zero fighters Floyd has faced that would have challenged him in his prime, a prime Mayweather would have always been too much for a prime Mosely, De la Hoya, Pacquaio, or Judah to handle.
                    thats what a lot of people ignore...he wanted a lot of these fights earlier and had been calling out mosley and ODLH since the 90s

people think floyd is some black highlander who hasnt aged since he was 25 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                      Tell me mom Mayweather, what exactly you like about him?

Who he is as a person? Beating up women. Flaunting his money. Saying dumb **** like why should I give to Africans, what have they done for me?

What he's done for boxing? Turning it from a sport to a business? We've seen the fallout just now with Canelo. Are you happy with that? Or his prefight glove BS? You love that?

Or maybe you love his style in the the ring. Holding a ton. Not putting punches together. Not being aggressive. Generally being dull to watch.

So what exactly do you like about him?
                      im nobodies judge nor are you. Im sure you have broke laws, rules and done some unsavory things. IDC im a sports fan not a moral judge. half the idiots talking about women beater have put their hands on a woman, assualted one, and flashed material things in someone's face. that has nothing to do with boxing. This isnt the View or the Real....who cares about that? you do because you dont have much to criticize him about as far as boxng goes.

thank you for showing your true colors...you dont like his style. Just say that and save all the jokes and momma mayweather crap...how old are you man, 15?

as I said before you are focused on out of ring bull that has nothing to do with the sport.

who cares about flaunting money, he earned it...are you jealous you arent paid like that

I like winners.....people who know how to win...work hard and dedicate themselves. He wasnt being paid what he was supposed to with arum and when he left, he became the highest paid athlete in the world. am i supposed to be mad because he knew his worth and knew arum held him back?

what have they given so called african americans? hell most dont even like black americans and dont consider them african or descendents of africa. well duh only 5% of the transatlantic slave trade came to the united states.

Comment

Working...
                      X