Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg needs Canelo, not the other way around.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    Yea, except ggg is not willing to make any consesions to get the fights he needs to propel his career.
    Propel to what? Fighting one guy is not going to drastically change his value.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      He signed an offer from Arum to face Chavez at 168 for under 30% before Jr backed out. Offered Froch 168 in the UK, Froch promoter didn't deny. You think he's bluffing Floyd with 154? Doubt that bluff gets called.

We've already established Ggg is the biggest fight for Canelo so why all the whining? Yes Canelo is bigger but all this shameful ducking is only making him.lose leverage
      Again, you don't offer those guys nothing if your ggg. ggg didn't knock out George Groves in front of 80,000 fans at wembley, did he? Nope, frotch did that. Plus wasn't he retired at the time?

Offering a fight to Mayweather. Yea, ok. When was the last time another fighter "offered" Mayweather a fight.

Chavez Jr.?? Should have just offered him a joint.

We didn't establish ggg would be a bigger fight for Canelo at all. There's a few fighters that would be bigger than ggg. Although not as suspenseful. Face it bruh, ggg needs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        Propel to what? Fighting one guy is not going to drastically change his value.
        So Beating Canelo (at any weight) wouldn't change ggg's value? I see how you used the word "drastically" to give you wiggle room. But the truth is, we won't know what it would actually do until it happens, right? Canelo conceded to Mayweather. Hopkins to ODLH, so on and so forth.

Comment

There is no big money at middleweight except canelo vs ggg

Comment

Again, you don't offer those guys nothing if your ggg. ggg didn't knock out George Groves in front of 80,000 fans at wembley, did he? Nope, frotch did that. Plus wasn't he retired at the time?

Offering a fight to Mayweather. Yea, ok. When was the last time another fighter "offered" Mayweather a fight.

Chavez Jr.?? Should have just offered him a joint.

We didn't establish ggg would be a bigger fight for Canelo at all. There's a few fighters that would be bigger than ggg. Although not as suspenseful. Face it bruh, ggg needs Canelo.
            He offered Froch an opportunity to score his first p4p scalp, vs a guy he's got big advantages in weight, experience and UK location . Major fight in the UK, Us and globally, and a real treat for the fans.

I dunno who'd be bigger, some much smaller retired guy? Chavez SR, Morales, Barrera all say it's the biggest fight in boxing

Comment

So Beating Canelo (at any weight) wouldn't change ggg's value? I see how you used the word "drastically" to give you wiggle room. But the truth is, we won't know what it would actually do until it happens, right? Canelo conceded to Mayweather. Hopkins to ODLH, so on and so forth.
              How did beating Oscar change Shanes value?

Comment

I'm so glad the ts is neither someone I'm related to or someone involved in the sport because he's a ****ing hiff

Comment

Two guys at work today, casuals in their late 50s, talked about how they won't be ordering any canelo fights after this. This is gonna cut pretty deep.
                  Yea sure!!! You know how many friends and people I heard say they wouldn't ever buy another Mayweather Ppv fight just about every time he fought.... Guess what?????? They bought the PPV

Comment

What belt did Morales drop? What belt did Barrera drop? What belt did any Mexican fighter drop to avoid the number 1 contender?
                    Who gives a F***!!! He plans on fighting him anyways, Diva hating fans just want it now.... We've waited before for big fights and we have no choice but to wait again, trust me this fight will happen! Canelo calling shots!!!

Comment

Let's face it, a win over Canelo for ggg would mean far more than the belts. So if ggg doesn't meet at a catchweight, does that mean ggg is scared?

I'm of the opinion that boxers aren't scared to fight anybody.

ggg and his team thought they would have leverage against Canelo. But Canelo was like "fook this belt, you can have it. I got enough money to buy 100 belts"
                      That's where the leverage kicks in. No mandatory split. Here's 2.5 million and some from the ppv cut (ggg biggest purse yet) we meet at 155. "You want the glory come get it"

I can easily see how Canelo could drop this belt. He's the star, he's the A side. I think ggg would be a fool to refuse the offer (Maybe negotiate it to 156-157 if he could) but if he don't....your boys a punk!

I guess 154-175 meant only at 160...

I agree that boxers aren't really scared as sportsmen; but they may be scared as professionals pursuing a certain career -- career which brings them fame (influence), money etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X