Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg needs Canelo, not the other way around.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    GGG don't need nelo. GGG needs the belts. GGG wants to fight nelo. Nelo on!y wants a fight with conditions. GGG wants, but doesn't NEED Nelo.

GGG got his belts mission nearly accomplished just bjs and jacobs

Not true!!!! I'm a fan of both but GGG needs Canelo more because he will never make that much money anywhere else. Also, Canelo would be the biggest name on his resume, and give him the most exposure to casual fans.

Canelo has more options than GGG and can make millions fighting other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      Money muthafooka. What else. ggg ain't offering no career high pay days whereas all the guys you mentioned do.
      Dunno. It's the biggest fight in boxing at the moment , him vs Canelo. Would outsell any other. If Floyd comes back, Ggg might even be his best money option, esp if you factor in opponent purse. Maybe Canelo but he was so feeble in their first fight, and now he's without the MW belt that Floyd would want, and an all around joke

Comment

Let's face it, a win over Canelo for ggg would mean far more than the belts. So if ggg doesn't meet at a catchweight, does that mean ggg is scared?

I'm of the opinion that boxers aren't scared to fight anybody.

ggg and his team thought they would have leverage against Canelo. But Canelo was like "fook this belt, you can have it. I got enough money to buy 100 belts"
        That's where the leverage kicks in. No mandatory split. Here's 2.5 million and some from the ppv cut (ggg biggest purse yet) we meet at 155. "You want the glory come get it"

I can easily see how Canelo could drop this belt. He's the star, he's the A side. I think ggg would be a fool to refuse the offer (Maybe negotiate it to 156-157 if he could) but if he don't....your boys a punk!

I guess 154-175 meant only at 160...
        What a ****ing dumb post. Canelo and GGG are the same size on fight night. Why should GGG give into Canelos BS weight games?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Dunno. It's the biggest fight in boxing at the moment , him vs Canelo. Would outsell any other. If Floyd comes back, Ggg might even be his best money option, esp if you factor in opponent purse. Maybe Canelo but he was so feeble in their first fight, and now he's without the MW belt that Floyd would want, and an all around joke
          Are we arguing in two threads right now? Let's just keep it in this one (if you don't mind). I'm getting a bit confused. I just referred to my opening post in the other thread.

But it's the biggest fight in boxing cause it's Canelo though. Not cause of ggg. Sure ggg makes it a bigger fight (for Canelo). But he's not the attraction he's the b side and he really needs to understand that, make concessions and go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
            What a ****ing dumb post. Canelo and GGG are the same size on fight night. Why should GGG give into Canelos BS weight games?
            Thats an even dumber question.

Comment

Are we arguing in two threads right now? Let's just keep it in this one (if you don't mind). I'm getting a bit confused. I just referred to my opening post in the other thread.

But it's the biggest fight in boxing cause it's Canelo though. Not cause of ggg. Sure ggg makes it a bigger fight (for Canelo). But he's not the attraction he's the b side and he really needs to understand that, make concessions and go for it.
              Come on dude, it was obvious months ago that no concession was gonna be enough for team Canelo, they just don't want it. Then I showed you Ggg is happy to make concessions for big fights. Then you are like, but he doesn't bring money, and I showed you he does. So what's you point again?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Come on dude, it was obvious months ago that no concession was gonna be enough for team Canelo, they just don't want it. Then I showed you Ggg is happy to make concessions for big fights. Then you are like, but he doesn't bring money, and I showed you he does. So what's you point again?
                All of the above.

Talking about dropping down and moving up is just that, talk. You didn't show me anything. You've eluded to the smoke and mirrors provided by team ggg.

Offering Mayweather frotch and Chavez fights is laughable as an argument. But when a real offer is on the table to move up or down is there, He doesn't want to do it.

What was ggg's last purse and what was his opponents? Then what was Canelo the above mentioned last purse and the purse of their opponent? Then get back to me on that last part.

Comment

The spin is real. You think the casuals care how Canelo looks, or even know wtf is going on right now? They're the ones who pay, keep your ppv money. Canelo don't need it he's got 10 to your 1.

See how that works?
                  Two guys at work today, casuals in their late 50s, talked about how they won't be ordering any canelo fights after this. This is gonna cut pretty deep.

Comment

All of the above.

Talking about dropping down and moving up is just that, talk. You didn't show me anything. You've eluded to the smoke and mirrors provided by team ggg.

Offering Mayweather frotch and Chavez fights is laughable as an argument. But when a real offer is on the table to move up or down is there, He doesn't want to do it.

What was ggg's last purse and what was his opponents? Then what was Canelo the above mentioned last purse and the purse of their opponent? Then get back to me on that last part.
                    He signed an offer from Arum to face Chavez at 168 for under 30% before Jr backed out. Offered Froch 168 in the UK, Froch promoter didn't deny. You think he's bluffing Floyd with 154? Doubt that bluff gets called.

We've already established Ggg is the biggest fight for Canelo so why all the whining? Yes Canelo is bigger but all this shameful ducking is only making him.lose leverage

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                      San Diego in da house!!! It doesn't matter every successful boxer go's trew some **** like this... Boxing has a lot of crazy diva fans, many boxers have commented On how fans and the media are quick to turn on you... One day they love you and the next they hate you, haters just hating canelo will fight GGG eventually, canelo calling shots!
                      What belt did Morales drop? What belt did Barrera drop? What belt did any Mexican fighter drop to avoid the number 1 contender?

Comment

Working...
                      X