No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    As usual instead of discussing what is posted you deflect to something you've made up in your head. I never posted anything negative about who GGG wanted to fight or anything negative about him throughout this discussion thread.

Lara is a more respected boxer fighter than BJS. That doesn't mean BJS is a bum nor did I say anything negative about him either. Lara is the recognized best at his weight, BJS is barely a top 5 guy in a division many think is weak outside of GGG. Many thought Lara actually beat Canelo and Paul williams,.

As for One Punch, your paranoia is utterly ridiculous.

I didn't justify his $3 mil asking price, I said , in response to Dr. Rumack, that asking for $3 mil doesn't mean he isn't serious since its the same amount K2 offered BJS. To suggest that this is a precursor to something we do not know will happen is desperation at its worst.

You two are the worst kind of fags when it comes to GGG. You make up what people say and/or attach it to a racial "agenda" as an attempt to negate the criticism. Its as if you only like GGG because he isn't black or hispanic.

If you are not doing the above, you are giving GGG a pass for doing things both of you have criticized when other fighters do it.

Sorry guys but until he beats someone of substance, boxing fans of all races, colors and nationalities will criticize his resume, as we have done for every other fighter with a resume built on subpar competition.
    So you think Lara beats BJS at 160? I don't believe you think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      So you think Lara beats BJS at 160? I don't believe you think so.
      it doesn't matter if he beats BJS. What matters is he has a 5 inch reach advantage over GGG which gives him the chance to box and move to a victory. While Lara winning is not likely, his skill set gives him a better chance than others to beat GGG.

Comment

• I wanna see this fight. No idea why it's not happened but it seems to be very much Abel Sanchez to blame. It'd be nice to see Golovkin have to adjust for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
          So Lara has enough pop to keep Golovkin off of him even though Golovkin walked through two of the biggest power punchers in the middlewight division (Stevens and Lemeiux). Lara isnt even the biggest puncher in his own division. No way he has enough pop to keep Golovkin honest.

Yes Lara has the technique but a bad habit of taking too many body shots. Ask Macklin and Murray about Golovkins body shots.
          David Lemieux, over the course of eight rounds, landed 89 out of 335 punches (in a round-by-round look, ignoring the breakdown of jabs/body shots, you're talking about 10 in 40 landing). Curtis Stevens, in his own eight rounds, landed 97 out of 303 (12 out of 28), landing 74 power shots (unclear of how many of those were body shots).

Erislandy Lara, even in fights that breakdown into dogfights, lands his power shots at a 50% clip, and it's not like Golovkin is or would be a hard guy to hit (both guys have similar heights, likely with similar walkaround weights, but Lara is coming to the fight with 4" of reach and boxing craft).

Gabriel Rosado landed flush shots on Golovkin, shots that were sturdy enough that Golovkin had to stop, reset his feet, and start over. Maybe my eyes are different, but people are putting things on Golovkin that the work has yet to bear out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
            Now change Laras name with Golovkin and GGG with Floyd shall we?

I am far from a Golovkin fan, BUT HE IS BEGGING FOR THIS DAMN FIGHT, Floyd fans cliam he is TBE in the damn world, well Golovkin is calling him out loud and ****ing clear...If he loses so the hell what, it will be the biggest name on Floyd's resume that wasn't a cherry pick. I think Floyd will PED abuse but hell fight the man and get it out of the way..Better then the Berto and Maidanas of the damn world.

There you go
            Floyd is a welterweight who has spent his last ten years as a pro at 147lbs, never weighing more than 152lbs for a fight in his life.

Gennady Golovkin has not only spent his entire professional career at 160lbs, he spent his last three years as an amateur basically fighting at that weight, and has set his own limit at a weight where Floyd has never actually stepped onto a scale for.

Is Golovkin, after basically 15 years at middleweight, willing to come down to 152 for Floyd? If not, stfu

Comment

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...home-advantage

WBA-IBF champion Golovkin's team last week made Saunders an offer believed to be £2.2million to face the Kazakh knockout machine in a world title unification clash.
              Tom Loeffler likely told whomever a bit of a fib, tbh. You're talking about K2 offering Saunders the equivalent of $3m, for a fight that they simply don't have the finances to cover.

If Saunders gets $3m, and Golovkin (for some foolish reason) agrees to take $1m for the fight, K2 is in the hole $4m before paying for the costs of anything else.

Unless K2 was simply happy to take a fat L on the fight, there's no way that they break even on the fight (especially without any PPV stream in the UK, and after Golovkin-Lemieux flopped)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Tom Loeffler likely told whomever a bit of a fib, tbh. You're talking about K2 offering Saunders the equivalent of $3m, for a fight that they simply don't have the finances to cover.

If Saunders gets $3m, and Golovkin (for some foolish reason) agrees to take $1m for the fight, K2 is in the hole $4m before paying for the costs of anything else.

Unless K2 was simply happy to take a fat L on the fight, there's no way that they break even on the fight (especially without any PPV stream in the UK, and after Golovkin-Lemieux flopped)
                I agree. I don't see how they could profit offering BJS that amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  OK now that is a legit excuse, well not even an excuse but it make sense. Fans might as well use that instead of trying to make the argument that Lara is somehow not worthy or good enough to fight GGG
                  It's not that Lara isn't good enough. He's highly skilled and one of the best in the business. It's just that it's not really much of a fight for GGG. Knocking Lara out won't add much to GGGs resume. It's really just a big payday for Lara. No reason for GGG to entertain the idea. I personally would like to see the fight though.

Comment

it doesn't matter if he beats BJS. What matters is he has a 5 inch reach advantage over GGG which gives him the chance to box and move to a victory. While Lara winning is not likely, his skill set gives him a better chance than others to beat GGG.
                    So his reach advantage plays a role against GGG but not against BJS?
                    Lara has 4 inches reach advantage, not 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      So his reach advantage plays a role against GGG but not against BJS?
                      Lara has 4 inches reach advantage, not 5.
                      He had a 5 inch reach advantage over a much slower Angulo too. Lara has no chin to hold a shot either.

Not much of a fight imo, but I wouldn't mind it if it'll get these people to stop with the delusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X