No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    His best win to date is vs a guy who was stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio and outboxed by a Journeyman Joachim Alcine

Bring it down a bit GGG supporters, you guys are reaching a bit trying make it as if Lara is somehow not worthy of a fight with GGG

That is a Terrible Argument, you can say he is going to ask for too much money to but to make the argument that somehow he is not "Good Enough" only makes you and others look BAD! If you know he can destroy Lara why wouldn't you want him to shut Lara up once and for all
    This is rich. Coming from a guy who is from a segment of fans who made every excuse for floyd to not fight Margarito in 06, 07, 08. "If floyd can easily outpoint Tony, why not just make the easy money".

"Nobody knows Margarito doe".

Comment

Lara is a good name,but I think GGG is all wrong for him.boxing and moving has not proven to work against ggg,because he is a master at cutting off the ring.another thing with Lara is,ggg wouldn't respect his power.i'd say late stoppage or ggg on points

Comment

I see no reason why I'll object to this fight when everyone else is ducking.

Make it happen ASAP.

Comment

OK you're CLUELESS!
          I thought you were a decent poster who didn't resort to random insults?

Lara has 2 losses and 2 draws. One of the losses was respectable, the other 3 are against people he should have beaten. His best win is Austin Trout.
          We're not talking about Floyd here.

Lemieux was a 22 year old when he gassed against Rubio & Alcine. If that's what you're basing your opinion, that's your problem. The current version of Lemieux would look similar to Khan/Canelo. Lara would move for 3-4 rounds until Lemieux started ripping body shots. Then Lara would shell up, which he's famous for. Shelling up against Lemieux is the absolute worst thing you can do. Ref stops the fight in the 7th-8th.

Murray has 2 close decision losses against 2 world class champs at MW and SMW. He would be way too big for Lara and walk through him in 4-6 rounds.

Comment

His best win to date is vs a guy who was stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio and outboxed by a Journeyman Joachim Alcine

Bring it down a bit GGG supporters, you guys are reaching a bit trying make it as if Lara is somehow not worthy of a fight with GGG

That is a Terrible Argument, you can say he is going to ask for too much money to but to make the argument that somehow he is not "Good Enough" only makes you and others look BAD! If you know he can destroy Lara why wouldn't you want him to shut Lara up once and for all
            look, Ive said on NUMEROUS occasions that if they ended up making a Lara fight, I'd be fine with it and of course I'd watch it.

But this notion that somehow GGG is ducking Lara is ridiculous. Not every fight in the world is makeable. And in the big picture the reality is that Lara means NOTHING, so of course its unrealistic to expect the powers that be to spend a bunch of time money and energy on a fight that means nothing.....

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I thought you were a decent poster who didn't resort to random insults?

Lara has 2 losses and 2 draws. One of the losses was respectable, the other 3 are against people he should have beaten. His best win is Austin Trout.
              We're not talking about Floyd here.

Lemieux was a 22 year old when he gassed against Rubio & Alcine. If that's what you're basing your opinion, that's your problem. The current version of Lemieux would look similar to Khan/Canelo. Lara would move for 3-4 rounds until Lemieux started ripping body shots. Then Lara would shell up, which he's famous for. Shelling up against Lemieux is the absolute worst thing you can do. Ref stops the fight in the 7th-8th.

Murray has 2 close decision losses against 2 world class champs at MW and SMW. He would be way too big for Lara and walk through him in 4-6 rounds.

No disrespect and nothing personal but come on Murray and Lemieux? Really?

I think Lara box circles around BOTH Blind Folded!

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                This is rich. Coming from a guy who is from a segment of fans who made every excuse for floyd to not fight Margarito in 06, 07, 08. "If floyd can easily outpoint Tony, why not just make the easy money".

"Nobody knows Margarito doe".
                Have no fuking clue what you're talking about and why you're dragging Mayweather into this topic but then again you drag Mayweather into every topic somehow

Comment

No disrespect and nothing personal but come on Murray and Lemieux? Really?

I think Lara box circles around BOTH Blind Folded!
                  Shrug, that's your take. He barely boxed circles around cement footed Canelo. Murray is a big dude and very mobile. Plus he's damn tough. Lara will have nothing to deter him with. He'll literally just walk through him.

Lemieux is stalking, and much more powerful than Canelo. After a few rounds, Lemieux will land a few punches and Lara will shell up, because that's what he does. Shelling up against a puncher like Lemieux, even for a round = TKO within 45 seconds.

But anyway. If for some reason none of these guys are available for the next fight (BJS, Jacobs, Eubank, Canelo, Ramirez, DeGale/Jack), then sure, we can talk Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    look, Ive said on NUMEROUS occasions that if they ended up making a Lara fight, I'd be fine with it and of course I'd watch it.

But this notion that somehow GGG is ducking Lara is ridiculous. Not every fight in the world is makeable. And in the big picture the reality is that Lara means NOTHING, so of course its unrealistic to expect the powers that be to spend a bunch of time money and energy on a fight that means nothing.....

OK now that is a legit excuse, well not even an excuse but it make sense. Fans might as well use that instead of trying to make the argument that Lara is somehow not worthy or good enough to fight GGG

Comment

Nobody is saying "GGG Must Fight Lara" but tell me this, what better options does he have at this point? If A Quality Fighter is calling you out and your resume is really not that great an use could certain use a quality name like Lara on your resume, WHY WOULDN'T he wan't to add Lara to his resume who is the BEST at 154 right now

You can't have it both ways boxing fans. You want to label someone great but yet you don't care if that person actually proves his greatness. If fact you would rather the fighter play it safe and maintain the image instead of risking it all vs better competition and actually PROVING IT!

Lara> Anybody that GGG has beaten so far! ENOUGH SAID!
                      Jacobs WBA mandatory doe
                      BJS WBO unification doe

If those two don't pan out get Hayman to call.

Comment

Working...
                      X