No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    The split would be 55-45 if they went to purse bid, I believe. No way is Golovkin deserving of 45% of the money.
    The rules of ****ing boxing state that he deserves 45% of the money.

He's a fellow champ and was his mandatory.

What is wrong with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by petegrif View Post
      Canelo has been widely misquoted. His real statement is:

"After thinking about it for a split second, today, I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to pretend to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin but to make ****ing sure they don't finalize a deal any time soon. I also informed the WBC that I will vacate its title because apparently I can't hold onto that even though that seems unreasonable as I'm a huge star. I'm going to take other fights whilst I continue to protest that I dearly want to fight and beat GGG."

PS I'm not afraid of fighting GGG. Not at all.
      PPS Don't ever ask me about GGG again.
      PPPS If you're Mexican, just close your eyes and think of our rich traditions.

Hope this clears the situation up for everyone.

Nah, that is just fanboy wank to justify Golovkin being a paper champ who is not a man of his word.

What happened to all that " anyone from 154-168 " dribble ?

This is why Golovkin has a crap resume'.

According to Team Golovkin, Gennady could have fought Ward, Mora, Lara, Canelo, and Cotto..... but apparently he doesn't want to.

Comment

• Canelo just brought shame upon the entire country of Ireland

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
          Lara's waiting.
          Degale's waiting.
          Ward's waiting.

#tookanarrowtothekneedoe

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Nah, that is just fanboy wank to justify Golovkin being a paper champ who is not a man of his word.

What happened to all that " anyone from 154-168 " dribble ?

This is why Golovkin has a crap resume'.

According to Team Golovkin, Gennady could have fought Ward, Mora, Lara, Canelo, and Cotto..... but apparently he doesn't want to.
            Come on man, you're either completely biased, or you can't appreciate the huge difference in circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Canelo keep fighting little dudes and his numbers will go down... He is basically half the star that manny and floyd were.. Canelo/cotto didn't break a millions.. Canelo will not have any big big fights unless he rematches cotto or somehow gets manny...
              This will hurt Canelo's brand.. Every story written on him from now on will talk about him ducking ggg..
              Canelo should have just vacated as soon as he beat cotto and went back down to 154..
              Floyd and Manny are literally half the stars they were. Canelo/Khan did better then Manny or Floyd's last fights. And if Floyd can go OVER 5 years without fighting Manny and not hurt his brand and Cotto can trash this same belt and not hurt his brand what makes you think Canelo trashing this same belt will? Canelo has already given much bigger and better fights then GGG has. GGG is the one who gets hurt if he doesn't fight Canelo. He's 34 and hasn't yet faced half the level of fighters Canelo has already faced and beat. Canelo has already fought MORE then double the amount of world champs, multiple HOFers and top 10 P4P ranked fighters where has GGG has faced who? GGG just fought Wade for F sake a dude he even admitted he never heard of or saw fight. He needs a big fight for his brand mr 150K more then Canelo does.

Only thing I agree with is Canelo would of been better off saying I vacate the this belt after he beat Cotto. He was never a real middleweight and the belt was only on the line because Cotto wanted it to be. He wanted to fight Cotto years before he had that belt and the fight would of been just as big without it.

Comment

• This has nothing to do with time and everything to do with weight. They got rid of GGG's tool to force the middleweight limit of 160. Canelo is scared of 160lbs GGG and wants to fight the zombie version. He just wants to put his name on his resume. Even if GGG's only at 70%. GGG at 100% kills Canelo.

Comment

• There's plenty of white people in Mexico lol

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                  i convinced canola is nothing more than a closet irishman he sure as hell ain't no mexican punk is as white as a bed sheet
                  I'm almost sure you are just joking and already know that about 15% of the population in Mexico are white Caucasians directly descendant from European blood (mainly Spanish and French, the two countries which invaded Mexico, the 1st one to conquer it, succeed at it and then be thrown out in an independence war three centuries later, the 2nd one try and do so and fail after a few years of occupancy without support from their crown, being later expelled by force, at war as well).

Canelo is from Jalisco, a state that has plenty of white people, some are brunettes, some are brown-haired, some are blond, some (a minority of the white population just like elsewhere) are red-headed, like Canelo.

If you go to an area of that Jalisco state, called "Los Altos", you will see that MOST of the population in the small towns there, are white people with green or blue eyes, many of them are actually blond with colored eyes, so they would look even "less Mexican" than your notion of a Mexican --again, if you are being serious and not joking--, because not only are they better looking (I mean "more convincing") as pure-breed white Caucasian than Canelo, but as a general rule they are also taller than him as an average, I mean the guys of course.

But probably you have never been to Mexico and have no idea of what you are talking about, or you live in the US and have only seen the average Chicano (Mexican American) who tends to be half-breed (Amerindian mixed with white Caucasian) and therefore you are inferring that, since most Mexican-Americans are by far mixed-race, then in inner Mexico it is the same story, but it is NOT, there are plenty of "canelos" around lol, even taller and physically bigger than him, but THEY DON'T NEED TO become boxers to be successful in life, since, sadly, in Mexico like in many other countries, the medium-upper and upper social classes are mostly white Caucasians, so they are the least likely to take a swim to cross the border illegally and make a living in a better-suited-financially country.

Oh God what a big litany I just wrote lol bottom line: about 15% of the Mexican population is just as white as Canelo, because they are direct descendants from Europeans, not mixed-breed, not that there's anything wrong with being mixed-breed or pure Amerindian, the value is in the person's education, manners and moral values, but specially their ACTIONS, not in their race, but I just wanted to explain that there's plenty of white Mexican nationals, again, in case your comment wasn't just a joke.
                  Last edited by sterilizer; 05-18-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Floyd and Manny are literally half the stars they were. Canelo/Khan did better then Manny or Floyd's last fights. And if Floyd can go OVER 5 years without fighting Manny and not hurt his brand and Cotto can trash this same belt and not hurt his brand what makes you think Canelo trashing this same belt will? Canelo has already given much bigger and better fights then GGG has. GGG is the one who gets hurt if he doesn't fight Canelo. He's 34 and hasn't yet faced half the level of fighters Canelo has already faced and beat. Canelo has already fought MORE then double the amount of world champs, multiple HOFers and top 10 P4P ranked fighters where has GGG has faced who? GGG just fought Wade for F sake a dude he even admitted he never heard of or saw fight. He needs a big fight for his brand mr 150K more then Canelo does.

Only thing I agree with is Canelo would of been better off saying I vacate the this belt after he beat Cotto. He was never a real middleweight and the belt was only on the line because Cotto wanted it to be. He wanted to fight Cotto years before he had that belt and the fight would of been just as big without it.
                    Seeing as though Canelo isn't going to go back to JMW or up to MW, give us his realistic options for the next 12-18 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
                      Didn't you same fans blame FMJ for the fight against Manny not happening in '09, how did that affect Floyd being the biggest PPV draw?
                      That's a dumb comparison. Floyd didn't vacate a world title to avoid a mandatory defence against Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X