Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah talks continue. They're going to continue to discuss how not to look bad since they're not going to take the fight.

Comment

• First Sanders now his GB stablemate.

Comment

• Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
        It is a brilliant business move, canelo ducking GGG means millions of people wont see Canelo getting beat up and KOd by GGG
        If GGG was so certain he could KO canelo then why isn't he running to 155 to prove it? he cares nothing about the belt and spent over 2 years calling out bigger named fighters at 154 and 168 because how trash 160 was. Specifically saying he would fight both Manny and Floyd at 154 and that he can make that weight easy. So why was he willing to fight both guys for big payday at 154 but not Canelo for a big payday at 155? And wasn't it also brilliant business move when after calling guys out at 168 and even negotiating fights at 168 but when Ward called his bluff he said well even though I agreed to fight Chavez and others at 168 I'm the A side so ward you need to fight me at 164 catchweight not 168. And all i heard last year from GGG fans was how brilliant a move it was and how he is the A side. But now when a true A side does the same to Canelo you got a problem with it. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Canelo can literally fight whoever he wants. His clout had one of Haymon's biggest named fighter crossing the picket line to fight Canelo. Despite the fact that his adviser is currently being sued by Golden Boy. If Canelo's star power can get a guy like Khan then he can get anyone. Just like Mayweather he can green light any fight he wants. Because Canelo can offer more money to fight him then anyone else can get fighting someone else unless Mayweather comes out retirement. Khan just got what 2-3X his career high to fight Canelo. GGG can fight all those guys you named and not make HALF as much as he would by fighting Canelo. Meanwhile canelo makes paydays almost 10X what GGG makes fighting anyone he chooses. His next fight with or without GGG will be on PPV.
          Canelo hasn't got the options you think he has.

He's not going to go back to 154, and he's not going to go up to 160. So there's going to be more CW's made.

Then what?

Sooner or later he's going to have to commit to fighting at 160 on a permanent basis. He's 25. He can't keep weighing 155 and then rehydrating by insane amounts.

So what happens if he commits to MW next year or so, but at that point GG has ALL OF THE MW BELTS?

Then what?

How much leverage would Canelo have at that point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
            And this is why GGG's resume ain't great
            Not true at all actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              First Sanders now his GB stablemate.

This guy has no cause to talk. He got manhandled so badly people called him a bum. At least Stevens put up a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                this is the moment for chavez Jr to step up and take the fight with GGG in september. steal the date from canelo and leave him looking like a clown.
                Chavez jr has reverse catch weight issues but he can't hold up negotiations because he has no bargaining power. I would soon see junior pick on somebody his size like Gassiev....:****block

Comment

• I repeat, If no one in your division wants to fight you, MOVE UP!

Comment

• Canelo has been widely misquoted. His real statement is:

"After thinking about it for a split second, today, I instructed my team at Golden Boy Promotions to pretend to continue negotiating a fight with Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin but to make ****ing sure they don't finalize a deal any time soon. I also informed the WBC that I will vacate its title because apparently I can't hold onto that even though that seems unreasonable as I'm a huge star. I'm going to take other fights whilst I continue to protest that I dearly want to fight and beat GGG."

PS I'm not afraid of fighting GGG. Not at all.
                    PPS Don't ever ask me about GGG again.
                    PPPS If you're Mexican, just close your eyes and think of our rich traditions.

Hope this clears the situation up for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Are people really saying Golovkins side was unreasonable? If thats the case, why didnt canelo just go to bids so its all fair.
                      The split would be 55-45 if they went to purse bid, I believe. No way is Golovkin deserving of 45% of the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X