Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punk ass fraud alvarez..

Comment

• Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
      as a fan why do you care about their money and fame. Its a more legit fight at 160 than a made up weight class. im a boxing fan, i want the best fights not money fights and mismatches and random weight divisions. Cmon man, Canelo was talking big after KOing a WW and now he shown that he doesnt want to go near ggg
      And as a real boxing fan I don't care about the class of weight, I care about the class of fighter.

Canelo is A side. He calls the shots. His move proves this. He lets NOBODY dictate terms to him. I respect that. Even Floyd never went that far.

Golovkin says he's the best - prove it. Fight at Caneloweight and get it over with. Take multi-millions AND the dude's belt.

But if Canelo schools GGG, he gets his belt back AND exposes GGG all in one swoop.

It's a brilliant business move no matter what some of you salty peeps say.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Exactly !

Golovkin ducked out the back door when Ward called his bluff, so let's see what door he takes with Canelo.

Where you at Herobando? You have stated on multiple occasions that all Canelo needs to do is..... " drop the belt and we will fight at 155 ".

So yea, I can't wait to see your public support for this fight, AT 155.
      War Caneloweight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        155 is middleweight buddy.
        MW is 154.1-160, no? Caneloweight 154.1-155.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That's all fine... I said Canelo could still get any fight,, but look around, the problem is that their is no one for him to have a major fight with but ggg except for a cotto rematch..

No one else has any type of name recognition to headline a major ppv.. None of the guys at 154 are known, and Canelo will be forced to drag up welters like khan, Bradley, manny, Maidana to have any type of a big fight..
          Again from here on out anyone Canelo faces will be a major fight that's what you not getting. It will be on PPV and grant him more money then any other active fighter today makes. He just fought Khan who has never headlined a major ppv and did 600k buys likely the largest PPV of the year unless Floyd comes back and is already the largest PPV since Canelo last fought. he does not need GGG. GGG can't fight anyone else who will pay him HALF what Canelo makes. GGG needs to fight Canelo not the other way around.

Comment

• Absolutely pathetic. What a chump, probably on the phone with Timothy Bradley right now.

His Mexican card has been revoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              And as a real boxing fan I don't care about the class of weight, I care about the class of fighter.

Canelo is A side. He calls the shots. His move proves this. He lets NOBODY dictate terms to him. I respect that. Even Floyd never went that far.

Golovkin says he's the best - prove it. Fight at Caneloweight and get it over with. Take multi-millions AND the dude's belt.

But if Canelo schools GGG, he gets his belt back AND exposes GGG all in one swoop.

It's a brilliant business move no matter what some of you salty peeps say.

War Caneloweight!
              It is a brilliant business move, canelo ducking GGG means millions of people wont see Canelo getting beat up and KOd by GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Seriously,

WTF??
                How else would K2 be using the WBC deadline in their favor? The scenario I posted makes the most sense.

Canelo gave them the belt, let's see if they negotiate in good faith now that the deadline is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Again from here on out anyone Canelo faces will be a major fight that's what you not getting. It will be on PPV and grant him more money then any other active fighter today makes. He just fought Khan who has never headlined a major ppv and did 600k buys likely the largest PPV of the year unless Floyd comes back. he does not need GGG. GGG can't fight anyone else who will pay him HALF what Canelo makes. GGG needs to fight Canelo not the other way around.
                  Canelo vs Khan did around 460,000.

332,000 if you go by Glaser's numbers. HBO will not be releasing the official numbers for this fight. Compared to Golovkin vs Lemieux, which was reported by HBO at 150,000 (not a good number either).

Still, it really hurts Canelo's claim at being a big star in boxing. A star should be pulling way more than above. It means that Canelo needs a good named opponent/someone he wouldn't outclass due to his size, to pull a good number in.

It just goes to show: you need a solid opponent for the fans to really want to buy the fight. Golovkin vs Canelo would do at least 650,000 PPV buys IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    What superstar fighters are ordered by purse bid to fight anyone? If a purse bid is all it took then Manny and Floyd would of been mandated 5 years ago. Superstars at this level choose who where when they are fighting. The only reason Floyd who did not fight his mandatory at 154 a belt he won at a catchweight of 152 and then defended it strictly at 147 for 2 years against opponents of his own choosing was because these corrupt belt organizations broke their own rules. They didn't order him to fight anyone because the moment they did Floyd would of done exactly what Canelo did and trashed the belt. These guys are bigger then these belts or purse bids.
                    Precisely. Canelo and Floyd are master business class. Just like Rid**** Bowe was back in the day.

Notice WBC reinstated him despite that disrespect. They're pimped by the best fighters. I wouldn't be shocked to hear WBC announce Canelo as some other made up title.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      Lineal title is vacant when the lineal champion retires dies or leaves the weight class. Is Canelo at 160? Now GGG fight the # 2 and we get the new lineal champ.
                      ... It's oscar's "lineal", therefore the Ring board will remain silent a a fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X