No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He's dropping it but told GBP to make the fight. He just doesn't want the WBC involved because of their deadlines. Well as far the fight happens this year, no one would give a **** that he did this.

And he is right, he has fought the guys no one else wanted to fight, and Golovkin is another one on that list

Hope the fight happens for Sept

Won't happen this year mate.. If it were to happen this year then he might as well kept the belt until they fight.. He has dropped the belt and to cover up he says negotiate the fight with Golovkin and I recon they would now bargain about the weight class..

Comment

• Lara's waiting.
      Degale's waiting.
      Ward's waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Again from here on out anyone Canelo faces will be a major fight that's what you not getting. It will be on PPV and grant him more money then any other active fighter today makes. He just fought Khan who has never headlined a major ppv and did 600k buys likely the largest PPV of the year unless Floyd comes back and is already the largest PPV since Canelo last fought. he does not need GGG. GGG can't fight anyone else who will pay him HALF what Canelo makes. GGG needs to fight Canelo not the other way around.
        Canelo keep fighting little dudes and his numbers will go down... He is basically half the star that manny and floyd were.. Canelo/cotto didn't break a millions.. Canelo will not have any big big fights unless he rematches cotto or somehow gets manny...
        This will hurt Canelo's brand.. Every story written on him from now on will talk about him ducking ggg..
        Canelo should have just vacated as soon as he beat cotto and went back down to 154..

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Hmmm interesting, but also sucks. Seems like this could be a good or bad thing. Canelo is showing belts don't mean f#ck for real or its there first step from walking away from the GGG fight while trying to maintain some look that they are still trying to make the fight.

Eh, these f#cking momos just need to make this f#cking fight.
          If that was the case, then why did he bother fighting for it and defending it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
            And as a real boxing fan I don't care about the class of weight, I care about the class of fighter.

Canelo is A side. He calls the shots. His move proves this. He lets NOBODY dictate terms to him. I respect that. Even Floyd never went that far.

Golovkin says he's the best - prove it. Fight at Caneloweight and get it over with. Take multi-millions AND the dude's belt.

But if Canelo schools GGG, he gets his belt back AND exposes GGG all in one swoop.

It's a brilliant business move no matter what some of you salty peeps say.

War Caneloweight!
            You're talking absolute nonsense.

Seriously, you're telling me that you respect his actions?

This is killing boxing.

Comment

• This is the old Rid**** Bowe move by Canelo lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                How else would K2 be using the WBC deadline in their favor? The scenario I posted makes the most sense.

Canelo gave them the belt, let's see if they negotiate in good faith now that the deadline is gone.
                They're not going to negotiate, and deep down Canelo doesn't want them to.

Wake up.
                Last edited by robertzimmerman; 05-18-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  And as a real boxing fan I don't care about the class of weight, I care about the class of fighter.

Canelo is A side. He calls the shots. His move proves this. He lets NOBODY dictate terms to him. I respect that. Even Floyd never went that far.

Golovkin says he's the best - prove it. Fight at Caneloweight and get it over with. Take multi-millions AND the dude's belt.

But if Canelo schools GGG, he gets his belt back AND exposes GGG all in one swoop.

It's a brilliant business move no matter what some of you salty peeps say.

War Caneloweight!
                  A real boxing fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    If GGG was so certain he could KO canelo then why isn't he running to 155 to prove it? he cares nothing about the belt and spent over 2 years calling out bigger named fighters at 154 and 168 because how trash 160 was. Specifically saying he would fight both Manny and Floyd at 154 and that he can make that weight easy. So why was he willing to fight both guys for big payday at 154 but not Canelo for a big payday at 155? And wasn't it also brilliant business move when after calling guys out at 168 and even negotiating fights at 168 but when Ward called his bluff he said well even though I agreed to fight Chavez and others at 168 I'm the A side so ward you need to fight me at 164 catchweight not 168. And all i heard last year from GGG fans was how brilliant a move it was and how he is the A side. But now when a true A side does the same to Canelo you got a problem with it. LMAO
                    Why don't you read what you type before hitting the submit button?

Comment

• Actually, by vacating the belt it makes it seem less likely that Canelo n Oscar want the fight to happen soon. It confirms su****ions that they want the fight at catchweight against Golovkin. All that talk in the ring after Khan bout, what was that. But let's hope fight happens, at normal 160 lbs middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X