No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Canelo "the catchweight king" is at it again. No mandatory = 155 or bust for ggg. Ggg should move on. Maybe take jacobs and saunders, if he could somehow find a way to get them to fight him, then move up in weight!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Interested to see how this develops.

If the reported 55-45 split is the issue, its not an easy fix. Golovkin is not getting 45% of the money for this fight.

Source?.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Real Talk85 View Post
          So please explain, if he wanted the belt so bad why not force Cotto to give it up? He had a choice, the belt or money he chose money.
          Because he thought Canelo would sack up, cause he's bigger and younger than Cotto and cares about his rep with his Mexican fans.

But that's not why I called you clueless. It's cause you think mando forces a certain purse split. It really doesn't, GBP could have offered whatever they thought was fair, if they had any interest in making the fight. Which they obviously don't, you'd have to be an idiot not to notice

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            Source?.....
            I've looked extensively for the roadblock in negotiations. I couldn't find anything which most likely means this is all hear say.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
              Currently, Canelo sits with a better record than Bowe with 47-1-1 to 43-1. Canelo has a better record in world title fights with 9-1, to 5-1 for Bowe. Canelo has beat more champions than Bowe with a record of 10-1 to 7-1. Canelo is a three time world champion over two divisions. And he's not done yet. It stands to reason that he'll head straight for Canastota when his time is up.

Gatti made it with wins over Gamache and Leija, but you don't think Alvarez will make it in?
              Gatti went in for his 4 fotys and premature death. Never ducked anybody. Bowe beat Holyfield 2x, that counts for way more than any win Canelo is likely to score (so not GGG)

I don't think Canelo is a HOF lock, if he retired now he doesn't get in. Make a poll. He's gonna have a hard time getting HOF credit while he's hiding from GGG. Maybe if he goes down to Sww but that's doubtful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                I've looked extensively for the roadblock in negotiations. I couldn't find anything which most likely means this is all hear say.
                There's not even hearsay dude, its just some Canelo fans concocting what ifa

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Gatti went in for his 4 fotys and premature death. Never ducked anybody. Bowe beat Holyfield 2x, that counts for way more than any win Canelo is likely to score (so not GGG)

I don't think Canelo is a HOF lock, if he retired now he doesn't get in. Make a poll. He's gonna have a hard time getting HOF credit while he's hiding from GGG. Maybe if he goes down to Sww but that's doubtful.
                  You're more than liking right that Canelo isn't a first ballot. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't receive consideration on a second or third ballot.

Luckily for him, at the age of 25, his book is still being written. There's plenty of time left to add to his credentials. The base that he has built so far isn't a bad one either. With Mosley, Lara, Cotto, and Khan on his resume...he's on the right path.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                    You're more than liking right that Canelo isn't a first ballot. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't receive consideration on a second or third ballot.

Luckily for him, at the age of 25, his book is still being written. There's plenty of time left to add to his credentials. The base that he has built so far isn't a bad one either. With Mosley, Lara, Cotto, and Khan on his resume...he's on the right path.
                    Kinda think you're being disingenuous here, listing Mosley and Khan as some HOF scoring wins. The other 2 score some but not that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Kinda think you're being disingenuous here, listing Mosley and Khan as some HOF scoring wins. The other 2 score some but not that much.
                      I'm only approaching the matter the same way that I believe a selection committee would. With Mosley, they have to keep it in the context that he's a five time world champion over three weight divisions. Sure he has 9 losses in 60 pro fights. But those nine losses came at the hands of seven different fighters, six of which aren't that bad.

If selection committee's seriously dissected fighters opponents, then Marciano would have had his four best wins discredited. Louis, Walcott, Charles, and Moore were all faded champions when the Rock got a hold of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X