Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see what makes sense. Keep the belt and fight at the mandated wbc purse split which I think is 55-45 or drop the belt and make the fight at 70-30 and win the belt back after he whoops lil Gs azz? Hmmmm that's an easy one.

Comment

• Hopefully the fight happens and Canelo beats GGG.

Same **** with May-Pac. You got one side claiming the other is scared but when the loss comes so will the excuses.

Comment

• That moment when you start doing damage control before you even do or say the damaging thing

Comment

• Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
          Despicable move by fishnets and yellow canelo.
          What happened to we don't **** around?
          The only way they look good is if the fight happens

It will make Canelo look like the ultimate businesssmann and truly force GGG's hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            Let's see what makes sense. Keep the belt and fight at the mandated wbc purse split which I think is 55-45 or drop the belt and make the fight at 70-30 and win the belt back after he whoops lil Gs azz? Hmmmm that's an easy one.
            That doesn't make sense. If GGG was insisting on 45% of the purse as challenger, why the heck would he accept 30% now he's champ?

I'll tell you what does make sense ... Canelo knows he can't whoop Golovkin's ass so he dropped the belt to avoid fighting him.

Comment

• how the hell does anyone in here know what % was discussed?

This is pure speculation....

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Possibly.....

Or, they did it to kill the purse-bid.

GBP may want to remove the possibility that Team Bull**** could be dishonest, and intentionally obstruct the negotiation in order to force a purse bid..... netting their fighter an undeserved 45%.

Now Team Bull**** have to negotiate in good faith, or go kick rocks.

That is actually far more likely..... but yes, it could also be the weight.
                I almost forgot about the purse bid. GGG looked like he could shed another pound or 2...& it might work to K2's advantage too not to fight for any belts

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  That doesn't make sense. If GGG was insisting on 45% of the purse as challenger, why the heck would he accept 30% now he's champ?

I'll tell you what does make sense ... Canelo knows he can't whoop Golovkin's ass so he dropped the belt to avoid fighting him.
                  That's not how boxing works

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    That's not how boxing works
                    So world champions just handing their titles over to challengers without a fight is how boxing works?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      So world champions just handing their titles over to challengers without a fight is how boxing works?
                      Lmaooooo don't bother man. The ******ation I've seen from Canelo fans is staggering. These guys are either gay or ******ed. No rational man would suggest what they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X