No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    Canelo vacated because he wants do demand catchweights or doesnt want to fight at all. Going to be interesting seeing what happens .
    I'm leaning toward that theory most of all. The CW is the reason Canelo feels he's unbeatable at. It's not a weight division, though. And money split can't be that much of a big deal since even at 65/35, Canelo is probably making close to 20mil. I don't see K2 holding up the fight because of the money because even at a 75/25 split, they're making 9-10mil. It might not be the money...or, I might be wrong...GBP might be asking for 80/20 or more. I truly do believe the CW is the obstacle because Canelo doesn't want to face GGG at the full 160. ..they vacated so as not to feel obligated to 160. I'm ok with that...so long as they still make the fight. I'm pretty sure GGG could make 157-158...if they take this new approach at that weight, might it be possible?

Comment

• This thread might get 1,000 comments

Comment

• So pretty much what everyone with sense knew would happen. Canelo forcing GGG's hand and taking away his leverage. Now GGG can't say no to whatever ginger has. If he does he's ducking and Canelo will take his fights. Canelo putting his foot down. I like it. Well played ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
          I'm leaning toward that theory most of all. The CW is the reason Canelo feels he's unbeatable at. It's not a weight division, though. And money split can't be that much of a big deal since even at 65/35, Canelo is probably making close to 20mil. I don't see K2 holding up the fight because of the money because even at a 75/25 split, they're making 9-10mil. It might not be the money...or, I might be wrong...GBP might be asking for 80/20 or more. I truly do believe the CW is the obstacle because Canelo doesn't want to face GGG at the full 160. ..they vacated so as not to feel obligated to 160. I'm ok with that...so long as they still make the fight. I'm pretty sure GGG could make 157-158...if they take this new approach at that weight, might it be possible?

Possibly.....

Or, they did it to kill the purse-bid.

GBP may want to remove the possibility that Team Bull**** could be dishonest, and intentionally obstruct the negotiation in order to force a purse bid..... netting their fighter an undeserved 45%.

Now Team Bull**** have to negotiate in good faith, or go kick rocks.

That is actually far more likely..... but yes, it could also be the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Well, Canelo is NOT the middleweight champ, and he wants to fight at 155.

Luckily, Golovkin recently stated that he can beat anyone at 154.....

..... so that sounds PERFECT to me !
            your logic is pure instinct.

do the math to see if you understood.

How in hell this b i t c h move is logical?

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              So pretty much what everyone with sense knew would happen. Canelo forcing GGG's hand and taking away his leverage. Now GGG can't say no to whatever ginger has. If he does he's ducking and Canelo will take his fights. Canelo putting his foot down. I like it. Well played ginger

Exactly !

Smart post !

They just killed the mandatory, now Team Bull**** cannot force a purse-bid, and now they cannot use the mandatory as an excuse to refuse to negotiate on the weight.

Funny-as-fk that the HeroBando/kafkod-level posters didn't see that coming.

I predicted that Team Canelo should dump the belt and call-out Team Golovkin on their bull****, and look what happened.

Comment

• Despicable move by fishnets and yellow canelo.
                What happened to we don't **** around?

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post

Of course it is, don't be absurd.

Money is almost always the most important factor.

Now Team Bull**** cannot force a purse-bid, which would automatically gain their fighter a much larger percentage under the WBC rules.

Comment

• 70-30 Canelo

Make the fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Well, Canelo is NOT the middleweight champ, and he wants to fight at 155.

Luckily, Golovkin recently stated that he can beat anyone at 154.....

..... so that sounds PERFECT to me !

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      your logic is pure instinct.

do the math to see if you understood.

How in hell this b i t c h move is logical?

What is even slightly inaccurate in that post ?

100% accurate, 100% logical.

I said that Team Canelo should dump the belt and call-out Team Golovkin on their bull****..... and now here we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X