No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury decked 3 times by Belgian light heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Fury knows he's going to lose the rematch. He's already given up. Stick your cash on Klitschko by KO.
    I don't think he has given up, but I do think he lacks confidence and belief in his preparation in comparison to the first fight.

This feels like a "don't expect anything of me", "I'm not going to win" explanation to his fans.

If he does lose, I think it's going to hit him hard psychologically, he wants to win more than he's letting on.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-18-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Im not sold on Fury ,its more reasonable to think a decade proven fighter even at 40 with better skills shows up . I also reviewed EVERY punch thrown on slow mo and stop action in the first fight and had Wlad landing the cleaner direct punches with BOTH fighters missing many punches that hit glove or missed all together which im sure the money line /Odds makers knows as well so theres that . Either way anyone claiming Fury gave Wlad a boxing lesson is false and misleading .
      He never boxed his socks off but he nullified Wlad's usual tactics. One thing Wlad has been able to do the last decade is stay at range & out of harm's way. Fury is able to cut that distance down. Fury was hitting Wlad with punches he hasn't been hit with in a long time. Fury is tough to train for. He has those awkward head movements, rubbing his nose & eyebrows, switching to southpaw effectively & he has pretty good hand speed for a 6'9 guy. He is a lot better than people give him credit for. He's a sideshow & talks so much crap outside of the ring it is a distraction for his upcoming fights. Before he fought Wlad he was talking about fighting Wilder & Joshua which you would think is premature when your opponent is the HW champion who hasn't lost in a decade. He went out & beat him in Germany. Peter Fury has done an amazing job with him. No matter what anyone says he is the best HW on the planet until somebody beats him. He beat the man. Joshua has a belt Fury never lost in the ring & Wilder holds the other belt. Fury beat the man. It was no fluke even if he loses the rematch but it is Wlad who has to change his tactics not Fury. It doesn't matter if Wlad is in great shape if he doesn't let his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I don't think he has given up, but I do think he lacks confidence and belief in his preparation in comparison to the first fight.

This feels like a "don't expect anything of me", "I'm not going to win" explanation to his fans.

If he does lose, I think it's going to hit him hard psychologically.
        he played everyone again... Peter Fury was laughing it off

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          he played everyone again... Peter Fury was laughing it off
          He has been at this for weeks though. At the press conference in Germany he was saying Wlad is the better man to be champion and he's continuously referencing how out of shape he is and his lack of motivation.

I don't think he ever wanted the Klitschko rematch, he was contractually bound, he know he has to be at his best to win. I think he would have much preferred the Wilder fight. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            It's a plan to make Wlad underestimate him. Fury's gonna burn the weight off in weeks and show up to the fight in the best shape of his life.

Book it.
            If he can go from out of shape, to the best shape of his life, in a few weeks - that's an indication his best shape isn't much to write about.

Comment

He has been at this for weeks though. At the press conference in Germany he was saying Wlad is the better man to be champion and he's continuously referencing how out of shape he is and his lack of motivation.

I don't think he ever wanted the Klitschko rematch, he was contractually bound, he know he has to be at his best to win. I think he would have much preferred the Wilder fight. Just my opinion.
              NOT A CHANCE! He was the mandatory challenger & didn't have to sign any rematch clause. He was confident he would win & get a massive payday rematch. Team Fury have said it from the start that he would have no trouble beating Wlad. From the day he had his pro debut he said he would beat Klitschko & he did it in Germany. He may not win the rematch but he got exactly what he wanted win or lose... A very FAT rematch paycheck. The only other fights he could make as much money on would be against Haye or Joshua.

Comment

NOT A CHANCE! He was the mandatory challenger & didn't have to sign any rematch clause. He was confident he would win & get a massive payday rematch. Team Fury have said it from the start that he would have no trouble beating Wlad. From the day he had his pro debut he said he would beat Klitschko & he did it in Germany. He may not win the rematch but he got exactly what he wanted win or lose... A very FAT rematch paycheck. The only other fights he could make as much money on would be against Haye or Joshua.
                The way Fury put it was that he signed the rematch clause because they were scared that Klitschko wouldn't fight him without it.

I don't know how much he's getting for this fight, but there are other big ones out there. British fights, certainly, sell well.

Comment

The way Fury put it was that he signed the rematch clause because they were scared that Klitschko wouldn't fight him without it.

I don't know how much he's getting for this fight, but there are other big ones out there. British fights, certainly, sell well.
                  Fury talks a lot of trash. I remember Frank Warren saying he could beat Wlad after his 2nd pro fight. Klitschko had to fight him or vacate the WBO title. He wasn't going to do that because he wanted to unify all the belts. Fury is only motivated by money. He doesn't care about accolades or titles. According to Fury everyone is scared of him. He signed the rematch clause because he knew he would get an immediate career payday if he won. The Glazkov fight was a complete waste of time for him anyway. He has done exactly what he said he was going to do. Now he is acting scared & unsure. He is playing mind games with the fans & media. He is playing mind games with Klitschko.For all we know he could come out & fight the entire rematch in the southpaw stance. He is the most unpredictable fighter I have ever seen.

Comment

Fury talks a lot of trash. I remember Frank Warren saying he could beat Wlad after his 2nd pro fight. Klitschko had to fight him or vacate the WBO title. He wasn't going to do that because he wanted to unify all the belts. Fury is only motivated by money. He doesn't care about accolades or titles. According to Fury everyone is scared of him. He signed the rematch clause because he knew he would get an immediate career payday if he won. The Glazkov fight was a complete waste of time for him anyway. He has done exactly what he said he was going to do. Now he is acting scared & unsure. He is playing mind games with the fans & media. He is playing mind games with Klitschko.For all we know he could come out & fight the entire rematch in the southpaw stance. He is the most unpredictable fighter I have ever seen.
                    lol you have a point.

But I do get the impression he wasn't comfortable with his preparation.

Fury was saying he has to spend most of the time losing weight and only 4 weeks proper boxing/sparring whereas in-shape Wlad will have 12 weeks fine-tuning his boxing.

I hope Fury wins, I thought he could do it the first time (but wasn't completely sure). Wlad has had his time and the HW division is more exciting with the belts opened up however Fury isn't inspiring a lot of confidence at the moment.

Comment

He never boxed his socks off but he nullified Wlad's usual tactics. One thing Wlad has been able to do the last decade is stay at range & out of harm's way. Fury is able to cut that distance down. Fury was hitting Wlad with punches he hasn't been hit with in a long time. Fury is tough to train for. He has those awkward head movements, rubbing his nose & eyebrows, switching to southpaw effectively & he has pretty good hand speed for a 6'9 guy. He is a lot better than people give him credit for. He's a sideshow & talks so much crap outside of the ring it is a distraction for his upcoming fights. Before he fought Wlad he was talking about fighting Wilder & Joshua which you would think is premature when your opponent is the HW champion who hasn't lost in a decade. He went out & beat him in Germany. Peter Fury has done an amazing job with him. No matter what anyone says he is the best HW on the planet until somebody beats him. He beat the man. Joshua has a belt Fury never lost in the ring & Wilder holds the other belt. Fury beat the man. It was no fluke even if he loses the rematch but it is Wlad who has to change his tactics not Fury. It doesn't matter if Wlad is in great shape if he doesn't let his hands go.

Fury doesnt win if Wlad throw a higher to regular punch count.You can say he took away Wlads punching range but thats bc Wlad wasnt throwing anything not bc Fury was so talented at evading shots . Fury has been a pro 7 years without Wlad he has a sub par resume below Wilders and Breazeale brings his best who AJ is fighting would defeat Chisora who is Furys best win outside Wlad so to claim who is the best HW is all speculative .I think Joshua would defeat and paste Fury easier than Wlad will bc of style and age. Wilder and Fury can go either way .Wlad has beat more south paws than anyone ever has so it matters little if he prepares properly .

I would also bet that i have Fury ranked higher in his overall standing in history than 99% of the Fury fans who wouldn't have the concept of how he would beat out guys like Ali and Holmes and thats mainly bc they cant comprehend its the individual fighter you compare not the overall resume or hype when you do different era fighters . So if anyone is down playing Fury its the majority of his fans not me ,combine attributes with enough skill Fury could beat 90% of the fighters in other eras 100% in most.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-18-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X