Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager: Povetkin Fight is Off, Not Postponed - Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    How do you know it's Deas's stance? He said 'the fight got cancelled', not 'we cancelled the fight'.
    Well at this point he's the only one who's said the fight is off, not postponed. It sounded to me like he's in protect his fighter mode more than he was breaking news. But sure maybe you're right that the WBC has told him Povetkin will no longer be Wilder's mandatory & the postponement is just a cover right now for a future cancellation.

Comment

And yet again boxing fans miss out on a good fight because one side does something stupid to mess it up.

**** you, Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        And yet again boxing fans miss out on a good fight because one side does something stupid to mess it up.

**** you, Povetkin.
        I try not to get too excited about upcoming fights anymore. Boxing just can't help shooting itself in the foot time and time again.

Ah well, at least there's Marco Huck.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
          Sure buddy....that's why ATHLETES are using it. Why-because it contains "NO ADVANTAGE"??? lmfao
          Well honestly thats the angle to take. I mean isn't it better to have people think mass stupidity is going on among Russian athletes by taking a drug that does nothing than have people think that mass cheating &/or in the past mass suspect usage of a drug for enhancing ones training &/or performance is going on. Its the lesser evil of two bad situations.

And honestly anyone who's read about the RUSADA scandal knows sketchy **** has been going on in Russia with PEDs for one would assume years & years. It is what it is. PED **** is going on all over. There has been systematic cheating many times in sports &/or with countries. Don't worry Russian cats in a few months or a year someone else will be on the hot seat.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Where did I deny doping takes place in other countries as well?

The thread is about a Russian fighter, ergo my post is about Russia.

Is it that complicated a concept for you to understand?
            Just sayin...look in your own backyard first.this **** happens everywhere

Comment

His manager? I thought Al Haymon was his manager? Damn Wilder has lots of hands in his pockets.

Anyways I see this as a relief for Wilder. He had to go to Russia for his toughest fight. There is no way he was truly into that. Now that this has come up he can now continue to stay local and continue his bum of the month club campaign.

Comment

All I know is Wilder ko'd Molina who retired the Polish legend Adamek and he stopped Duhaupas-the guy who stopped the Nordic hype-job Helenius. Looks like Wilder has some decent wins besides Stiverne...at least credible.
                If you consider Molina ccredible then you have brain damage. Molina wasn't ranked in anyboys top ten when they fought and had two loses to first round knockouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  Or could it be because he hurt his right hand and had to undergo surgery which was meant to keep him out for six months after the fight?

I don't know, you tell me.
                  Ow yeah. Khan's chin was hurting so canelo doesn't get credit for the knockout. Hahaaaa

Comment

Povetkin's fault.

Comment

All I know is Wilder ko'd Molina who retired the Polish legend Adamek and he stopped Duhaupas-the guy who stopped the Nordic hype-job Helenius. Looks like Wilder has some decent wins besides Stiverne...at least credible.
                      Dude, Molina, Duhaupas, the inactive Helenius and the many years past washed up Adamek are all bums. Just because you beat a certain guy who beat all these bums doesn't make that a decent win.

Molina is garbage and nothing more. Molina beating a very way past washed up adamek and a nobody Duhaupas doesn't make Molina any good. These guys have all the same thing in common and that's garbage. Just because a certain fighters is tops over them doesn't make them good, its just makes them the best out of the garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X