Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say floyd was "caught" doing peds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    That's what I'm referring to also. I have NEVER heard of NSAC diagnosing anyone with dehydration. Either they are very poor at diagnosing it, or they don't give a **** about a fighter being dehydrated. Funny enough, I do recall a few Hauser articles criticizing the NSAC about not caring about their fighters dehydrated states, or something like that. Pointing to the NSAC medical check is useless, bro.
    You think you are a master of deflection and that you can win arguments by changing the topic being discussed. Stop with the straw man's fallacies.

Floyd was not dehydrated at all, period. He had no signs of dehydration, he was drinking water after the weigh in as usual and looking good as usual.

We don't even know what the content of the IV was.

But Mayweather’s pre-fight medical questionnaire is also instructive. In response to the question, “What was your weight 2 weeks ago,” Mayweather answered “149 pounds.” In response to the question, “What was your weight 1 week ago,” Mayweather answered “148-1/2 pounds.”

And Mayweather weighed in for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight at 146 pounds (one pound under the contract weight), which is a further indication that he didn’t need to dangerously dehydrate to make weight.

Also, Mayweather was given a pre-fight physical examination by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on the day of the weigh-in. Did he disclose to commission doctors at that time that he was so badly dehydrated that he needed an IV infusion? No, he did not. Nor, according to NSAC records, did the examining physician find evidence of dehydration.

If a fighter is dehydrated, his blood pressure is likely to be low and his pulse rate high. That wasn’t the case with Mayweather as evidenced by the Nevada State Athletic Commission medical data sheet.

Mayweather’s blood pressure was 118/84. In other words, his systolic blood pressure (pressure when the heart is contracting and pumping blood out) was 118. And his diastolic blood pressure (pressure when the heart is resting between beats) was 84. That’s normal for a professional athlete.

Mayweather’s pulse rate – 60 sitting and 66 standing – was also normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
      Log out?

Ha!

Embarrassing?

You keep quoting what FLOYD'S physician did.

Why can't you answer me a simple question?

Once again:

Why do YOU think he was so dehydrated that he needed an IV?

These are the facts:

His 30 day weight was 150.5. pounds.

He came in a full pound under the 147 limit.

Yet he was so dehydrated, he needed an IV of 750ml of saline and vitamins, that was administered in his living room?

Let's look at the Berto fight:

His 30 day weight was just under 150 pounds.

Again, he came in a full pound under the limit at 146 pounds.

So did he also require an IV after the Berto weigh-in because he was so dehydrated?

Ha!

Give me an answer that's logical.

He had 30 days to lose only 3 pounds.

He weighed in a full pound under. Yet he was so rehydrated by losing 4 pounds in 30 days (including a pound he didn't need to lose) he required an IV that is against WADA's protocol.

There's no way I'm buying that BS.

Floyd has NEVER had any weight issues or dehydration issues the day after a weigh-in.

Now if you can't give me an answer of what YOU PERSONALLY think happened, then don't bother replying to me.
      What you fail to realize is that it's not for me to convince you that he was dehydrated. Anyone can make up a scenario about why he was dehydrated. You need medical records to prove that he was NOT dehydrated, homie. Go learn about burden of proof. It's me who should tell you not to respond until you come with some facts that prove your point, because your discussion of weight is not doing it. How easy it is for me to point you to this:

"Symptoms of chronic dehydration will begin to appear when the body loses as little as two to three percent of total body water."
      http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/s...hydration.html

I already told you that you should look into hyponatremia and see if you can cross that off your list. Is there anything else you want?

Comment

1. Yes, it is medical best practice that the physician should deem the area in which the IV is administered to be medically appropriate. The heading is "medical best practice." It's obvious that is medical best practice. What's your point? Is this you admitting that it doesn't have to be an emergency that send you to the hospital like you tried to state? It makes that clear, doesn't it? Admit that you were wrong.

2. Why are you asking me? You have the burden of proof to show he wasn't dehydrated. Have at it. As I told you before, good luck. I can give you the name of a condition that would allow IV rehydration to be more appropriate than oral rehydration. Go look up hyponatremia. If you can prove that Floyd didn't experience that, then we can at least mark that one off of your list. Good luck!
        Jeez, we're now at 20 pages and still nobody can answer a simple question.

The Burden of proof is on me to show you that he wasn't dehydrated?

It's you who's vigorously defending him.

Again, his 30 day weight was 150.5 pounds.

He had 30 days to lose only 3.5 pounds.

He weighed in at 146 pounds.

Yet he was so rehydrated by losing those 3 pounds, that he came in a pound under and he required an IV?

Ha!

His numbers for the Berto fight were almost the same.

So was he severely dehydrated after the Berto weigh-in too?

It's ilogical.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          You think you are a master of deflection and that you can win arguments by changing the topic being discussed. Stop with the straw man's fallacies.

Floyd was not dehydrated at all, period. He had no signs of dehydration, he was drinking water after the weigh in as usual and looking good as usual.

I'm very proud of you for learning what a straw man fallacy is. Too bad you have a lot of difficulty learning when it applies.

The fact of the matter is you are frustrated because you are getting nowhere, and you are getting nowhere because you have nothing. Once again, NSAC has NEVER found NOT ONE boxer to be dehydrated. Now ask yourself, are they reliable when it comes to finding a boxer to be dehydrated?

And now you want to say you don't know what was in the IV, but how much sense does that make when he gave partial samples before and after the IV? You are desperately trying to make something stick but you are digging yourself into a hole.

Sorry, you lose. Simple and plain.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Great post.

Don't expect a logical answer though.

All you'll get are copy and pasted "USADA - Floyd did nothing wrong" quotes.

Like you've mentioned, there was no sign of Floyd being dehydrated for the weigh-in. But then suddenly....

It's ilogical.

Comment

Jeez, we're now at 20 pages and still nobody can answer a simple question.

The Burden of proof is on me to show you that he wasn't dehydrated?

It's you who's vigorously defending him.

Again, his 30 day weight was 150.5 pounds.

He had 30 days to lose only 3.5 pounds.

He weighed in at 146 pounds.

Yet he was so rehydrated by losing those 3 pounds, that he came in a pound under and he required an IV?

Ha!

His numbers for the Berto fight were almost the same.

So was he severely dehydrated after the Berto weigh-in too?

It's ilogical.

Let me help you out.

Burden of Proof (definition): the imperative on a party to produce the evidence that will shift the conclusion away from the default position to one's own position.

What is the default position? It must be that he was dehydrated because that is why he was allowed the IV.

Now, go and shift that position. Pacquaio's legal team couldn't do it. Let's see what you got.

Comment

Great post.

Don't expect a logical answer though.

All you'll get are copy and pasted "USADA - Floyd did nothing wrong" quotes.

Like you've mentioned, there was no sign of Floyd being dehydrated for the weigh-in. But then suddenly....

It's ilogical.
                You're in a losing argument because the same can be said for Pacquiao and many others. Pacquiao showed no signs of a fighter that needed Lidocaine, Toradol, etc, and/or one that had an injury. Yet, this is allegedly the case.

A year later and the pain of that loss still lingers around here. Amazing this is even being discussed. Floyd truly owns you guys.
                Last edited by radioraheem; 05-16-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

What you fail to realize is that it's not for me to convince you that he was dehydrated. Anyone can make up a scenario about why he was dehydrated. You need medical records to prove that he was NOT dehydrated, homie. Go learn about burden of proof. It's me who should tell you not to respond until you come with some facts that prove your point, because your discussion of weight is not doing it. How easy it is for me to point you to this:

"Symptoms of chronic dehydration will begin to appear when the body loses as little as two to three percent of total body water."
                  http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/s...hydration.html

I already told you that you should look into hyponatremia and see if you can cross that off your list. Is there anything else you want?
                  You should be a politician.

You speak without saying anything.

You are completely unable to answer a simple question. But don't worry, because by not answering, you have actually answered me.

You obviously don't buy that he was dehydrated, but he's your boy so you don't want to throw him to the wolves.

You'll defend him at all costs, and will just answer questions with questions.

Cool.

Comment

• Here is an interesting take on the topic. Haven't seen this angle before. There is a back door element to the issue.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/40ee9f3c8...rafq48_500.jpg

Comment

• People want to protect a man at any cost...

Floyd has done the following:
                      Racially abusing another person
                      Beating up his wife
                      Eggs on and allows his team-mates to beat the **** out of each other who do it to 'impress' Floyd.
                      IV with 750ml
                      Failed 3 tests
                      He can't read

BUT, but... you expect me to believe that he isn't a cheater when he has all the evidence stacked up against him?

Some of you fanboys are absolutely pathetic, you're not fans of the sport you're fans of absolutely disgusting human beings.

Comment

Working...
                      X