• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Cheater

How can anyone defend this?

Comment

WBC only cares about the money. 3% of $7.15M is $214,500. That's a big payday for them. You better believe they'll sanction it if Wilder signs off. They're still sanctioning Vargas-Salido and they still sanctioned Garcia-Morales II. They don't give a **** about fairness or integrity, they just care about money.
      If something happened to Wilder in the ring couldn't they need held criminally liable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
        Cheater

How can anyone defend this?
        They want to see Wilder lose so bad they don't care. But you'll find those same people saying all of Mayweather wins were tainted and he should be banned from the sport for life despite never having a positive test.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          If something happened to Wilder in the ring couldn't they need held criminally liable?
          I think the liability would fall upon the commission that sanctioned the fight, so whichever Russian boxing commission that sanctions the fight.

EDIT: http://pro-box.ru/en/
          Last edited by Pigeons; 05-14-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Russian cruiserweight Grigory Drozd on meldonium:
            By the way, mildronat (meldonium) for all sportsmen on Russian competition and regional ones is like a vitamin, everyone has taken it. Almost always it was prescribed by a doctor and worked good.
            https://www.facebook.com/drozdgrigory/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
              The point is that it gives the fighter an advantage in training. Period. In the article it states they test for illegal substances and performance enhancing substances, so no need for a marijuana explanation.
              They also test for weed. Look it up.

"The point is" they have this substance banned that does not enhance your performance in any way come fight night. Worse, the portion detected is under the illegal limit anyway. So I ask again, what problem are they trying to solve?

This is all an excuse not to have the fight, period. I don't know if it's Povetkin ducking or someone in his camp trying to protect him or what. All I know is, it's BS, and had they not banned a benign substance in the first F'n place we wouldn't be having this convo.

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
              Also it just broke that Povetkin was negative on 3 prior tests, so he just took the drug recently. This is a decision he made knowing the consequences.
              Which is why it doesn't make sense.

If you're slated to undergo testing up through the night of the fight why would you suddenly take a substance that's banned after having not done so for months? It doesn't add up.

It's mighty funny that WADA is being scrutinized for their decision on meldonium and this happens. After Wilder's already there, trained and ready to go.

Comment

• Lol as if that was a real drug. Its frigging Meldonium, alot of countries used it until last year.

If they tested with USADA nothing would have happened, no reports because it's nanograms anyway, under 1 microgram which is not bannable.

They should give Wilder a TUE like Floyd got 2 weeks after his fight. Where is the fairness, that is racist!

Comment

No.

He could have been dehydrated on the 27th, and thus the concentration would have been higher.

I.e. - you smoke weed. You are hydrated when you take a drug test three days later, and the nanogram level is not concentrated enough to be detected; you are then given another drug test a week later, this time you are extremely dehydrated (makes sense if you're training hard), and the concentration of THC is still enough for the sensitivity of the drug test to detect it.

I doubt fat Dan has a CLUE how drug testing works

Comment

• Originally posted by Flabulous View Post
                    No.

He could have been dehydrated on the 27th, and thus the concentration would have been higher.

I.e. - you smoke weed. You are hydrated when you take a drug test three days later, and the nanogram level is not concentrated enough to be detected; you are then given another drug test a week later, this time you are extremely dehydrated (makes sense if you're training hard), and the concentration of THC is still enough for the sensitivity of the drug test to detect it.

I doubt fat Dan has a CLUE how drug testing works
                    Thank god we got an clinical expert in this thread to school us.

Comment

Thank god we got an clinical expert in this thread to school us.
                      Is something I said wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X