No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    You gotta play by the rules. If a particular substance is on the "banned list" you don't consume it. I don't see any grey area in this.

There needs to be a clear definite list of all the substances that are not allowed and the fighters need to abide by that list. Can you not get any more straight forward than that?
    When there's clear corruption in the rules do you still give it a pass?

If WADA suddenly said that Smart Water was banned because electrolytes give you an advantage, despite zero evidence of this, you think that should be blindly followed?

No. WADA doesn't affect fights proceeding. That stays in the hands of the promoters and the title companies. WBC/WBO/IBF have the final call, as should be the case. WBC used its head in this case and made the right call.

The drug is benign and it's an attack on Russian athletes just because it's popular. By that theory we need to ban NoXplode then.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post

If WADA suddenly said that Smart Water was banned because electrolytes give you an advantage, despite zero evidence of this, you think that should be blindly followed?

No. WADA doesn't affect fights proceeding. That stays in the hands of the promoters and the title companies. WBC/WBO/IBF have the final call, as should be the case. WBC used its head in this case and made the right call.

The drug is benign and it's an attack on Russian athletes just because it's popular. By that theory we need to ban NoXplode then.
      If the fight contract states WADA testing based on WADA rules and regulations, then I don't see any ambiguity. If you're signing up for the WADA drug testing then you have to abide by their rules; regardless if you think a particular drug or substance is "benign."

And furthermore, why would risk such a high profile fight by using a substance that is banned? Maybe there is more nuance to this that I'm not reading into but I just think for a fight as this magnitude the fighters and their respective teams should comply with every rule that is dictated to them by the drug testing organization and sanctioning body.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        If the fight contract states WADA testing based on WADA rules and regulations, then I don't see any ambiguity. If you're signing up for the WADA drug testing then you have to abide by their rules; regardless if you think a particular drug or substance is "benign."
        Or, the sanctioning bodies need to fight back until we can get a list of rules and regulations that are both fair to fighters AND clean up the sports. I.e. spend more time focusing on anabolics and less on heart meds.

I can't be the only one tired of fighters failing for clenbuterol. It's widely known to exist in meat in parts of the world. Don't you think it's rather silly it on a banned substance list then?

This is one area where government should be involved. It's crooked.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        And furthermore, why would risk such a high profile fight by using a substance that is banned? Maybe there is more nuance to this that I'm not reading into but I just think for a fight as this magnitude the fighters and their respective teams should comply with every rule that is dictated to them by the drug testing organization and sanctioning body.
        And I think that certain substances found in nature should not stop a fight from continuing especially when said substances are not proven to yield an advantage. That's my point.

I don't want blind following. I want the sport cleaned up. That needs to start with a real list of drugs that are truly dangerous and are not tied to medical issues or found in meat or vegetables.

It's going to get to a point where a fighter can only eat crackers and drink Aquafina leading up to a fight.

Comment

• Quote:
          Originally Posted by TudorMiron View Post
          Well it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that your're in Ukraine. My wife is from Ukraine. Each month I send money to her Grandmother so she can pay the bills for gas, electicity etc. Her pension is not enough to pay this bills. It was enough (she didn't require my help) before your latest revolution. We had it in 90s - International Monetary fund, western loans, elders starving, external management via US... There's nothing new in what you're going through. I respect your right to experience it if it's what you choose to do.
          Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
          Interesting...

You know I have family in Saratov, it takes 3 incomes for them to support a single household, grandparents included.

Stop checking out your neighbors yard and get your own house in order. When you are done with that, ask your neighbors if they need some help.

As they say in the US of A, mind your own business. The communal mentality is not a global phenomenon, so don't get offended when others don't want to part take in it, and don't try to push it on others...its not nice.
          I will say it again I respect your right to experience it if it's what you choose to do. as I said in my previous reply.
          On the other hand - my wife's Grandmother is my family? Do I have to care about conditions that she has to experience? Same with your Saratov relatives - if they need it and if you have ability to give than you should care about them.
          Saying that it takes 3 family member incomes to pay single houshold fees (gas, electicity, heat etc.) is not true unless they have extremely large house and absolutely minimal pension or what they income is.
          Let's get back to boxing I agree that we should not get carryed away with semantics. Cycling off meldonium he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post

The drug is benign
            and it's an attack on Russian athletes just because it's popular. By that theory we need to ban NoXplode then.
            If it's "benign" whats the point in using it? Why is it so "popular?"

It's clearly used for an advantage no matter how much you try to spin it.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 05-15-2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Fat Dan at least got his information from Dr Margaret Goodman president of VADA who is involved in the Testing. Idiots on this forum are just makings things up now, Desperation Mode!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Fat Dan at least got his information from Dr Margaret Goodman president of VADA who is involved in the Testing. Idiots on this forum are just makings things up now, Desperation Mode!
                ESPN actually talked to Wilder's team. But the fool I've been responding to is using tweets from yesterday as "updates" to counter whats' currently going on

Comment

• Over 600 posts. Why aren't you guys this critical of other fighters that are from here in the states? Seems to me the big deal is when it's done to us. It's a big problem here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Over 600 posts. Why aren't you guys this critical of other fighters that are from here in the states? Seems to me the big deal is when it's done to us. It's a big problem here.
                    You don't think a thread if say Wilder was the one that got popped wouldn't do numbers?

You think that the Povetkin defense and clinical studies squad that assembled in this thread would be as pragmatic if Wilder was the one that popped positive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      Over 600 posts. Why aren't you guys this critical of other fighters that are from here in the states? Seems to me the big deal is when it's done to us. It's a big problem here.
                      Over 600 post and this is your response to the situation. That speaks for itself.

Also, what "other" fighters cheated without criticism?

Comment

Working...
                      X