Comments Thread For: WBA: If No Golovkin-Canelo, We Will Order GGG-Danny Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Can you read?

I said name all these boxers that GGG has faced with such high KO %? Don't give me a long winded fluffy explanation, just provide the names of individuals GGG's faced?

The hardest puncher he's faced is maybe Pepe Le Pew, who was around 84%.

GGG is at 91%; Jacobs is at 88%. When it comes to guys that have power and that can get GGG's respect in the division other than Jacobs, they are way down

here
    But I'm not stating that Jacobs doesn't have power or that GGG has faced anyone harder hitting. I'm stating and you would see that in my original reply, that just because Jacobs can punch, it doesn't make him the best guy at middleweight, which is the idea that's being pushed. Saunders is more skilled, Lee has a pretty good punch himself and Canelo is the most accomplished. That's that.

Comment

No, he didn't. Out of 36 fights, 5 of those fights didn't end in a KO in his favor. How is that a 91% KO ratio?

Out of 32 fights, only 4 fights for Jacobs, didn't end in a KO and yet he's sitting at 88%. So how does Pepe Le Pew have less bouts that ended in KO, but have a higher KO %? Don't start making stuff up to prove your point. It's not worth it.

Was Lemieux rated higher than Jacobs according to The Ring at the time of the fight against GGG? No, he wasn't.
      Lemieux has 34 wins with 31 stoppages, that's 91%. They don't include guys loses when calculating KO ratio's. It's all tit for tat when you start looking at who Danny & David are getting KO's over relative to who Golovkin's getting them over.

Lorenzo and Quillin were impressive, but that Sergio Mora stoppage wasn't really even a TKO. Truax was in the 12th round and more a mercy stoppage. Jarod Fletcher was so weak, Golovkin petitioned the WBA to allow them to fight Geale instead. And Danny was moved so soft between Fletcher & Pirog, competition-wise those fights could count less than WSB or Olympic level amateur fights.

Danny's own trainer rated Lemieux higher than Danny back then, but no doubt the Quillin win makes Danny a big time player now. Just tell Danny not to sign for any fights right now!!! He can go ahead and finish negotiating a fight, but just to keep it as a backup plan in case Golovkin does get Cinnamon.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        But I'm not stating that Jacobs doesn't have power or that GGG has faced anyone harder hitting. I'm stating and you would see that in my original reply, that just because Jacobs can punch, it doesn't make him the best guy at middleweight, which is the idea that's being pushed. Saunders is more skilled, Lee has a pretty good punch himself and Canelo is the most accomplished. That's that.
        Other than GGG, Jacobs is the most accomplished fighter at MW; hence #1 Ring MW.

Canelo obviously isn't a MW as he has stated himself; hence catchweight request.

Saunders has a 52% KO ratio. He poses no threat to GGG whatsoever. Golovkin might drop his gloves like he did with Wade and Monroe and let BJS have at it.

Jacobs is the biggest threat to GGG. He's even a bigger threat than Canelo

http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...weekend-review

Tom Loeffler, who promotes Triple-G, said he’s open to a fight against Jacobs. “That becomes very big if both fighters keep winning,” he said. I think Jacobs matches up better with Golovkin than Alvarez does because he’s naturally bigger and has a better amateur foundation, although the Mexican might have a better chin. … I don’t think the knockout loss will be as damaging to Quillin’s career as one might assume. Sometimes even the best fighters get caught with a big shot, as Jacobs did in his knockout lose to Dmitry Pirog in 2010. It happens. And the controversial nature of the stoppage mitigates the loss to some degree. I think Quillin (32-1-1, 23 KOs) remains one of the best 160-pounders in the world. He’ll bounce back quickly. … As always, it made me sick to hear the broadcasters refer to Jacobs-Quillin as a title fight. It wasn’t. Jacobs holds the bogus WBA “regular” title, which was invented so the sanctioning body could collect additional fees. Everyone knows that Golovkin is the actual WBA champ. The “regular” belt means about as much as the belt I bought on sale at Macy’s last week. In other words, it means nothing. Blow-by-blow man Mauro Ranallo ultimately did label the proliferation of belts “ridiculous.” Kudos to him.

Now stop playing these games. There's no other MW threat like Jacobs when it comes to matching against GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Lemieux has 34 wins with 31 stoppages, that's 91%. They don't include guys loses when calculating KO ratio's.
          Yes they do include losses.

How do I know? Because if they didn't, Jacobs who has 31 wins with 28 KO's, would be sitting at a 91% KO ratio. But since they do count losses, he's only sitting at 88%.

Like I said, no need to start making stuff up.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Golovkin petitioned the WBA to allow them to fight Geale instead.
          Once again, stop making stuff up.

It was HBO that didn't allow GGG to fight Fletcher, not Golovkin

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...quillin--77996

"We can't face Fletcher because HBO won't accept him and we can't change our plans". Said Hermann.

Danny's own trainer rated Lemieux higher than Danny back then
          The Ring magazine begged to differ and had Jacobs rated higher.

But to play devil's advocate, please show me a source.

Comment

No, you be sure to tell GGG not to schedule another bout before Jacobs gets done with BJS or Andy Lee.

You know as well as I do that Jacobs was already scheduled to fight Lee or BJS this summer.

You just tell GGG to stay put and don't go off fighting Taureno Johnson anytime soon. And since you want to quote Rozier, here you go

Frank Warren just said Saunders hurt his hand and can't fight before September now. Tureano lost his mando spot and is supposed to have another fight lined up (Murata?).

July is wide open for a big fight on HBO between Jacobs/Golovkin. I only wish they'd do it at Arthur Ashe Stadium. I know K2 is solid with MSG and Haymon with Barclay, so that'd be a good compromise and at awesome outdoor facility that holds 23,000.

Comment

Frank Warren just said Saunders hurt his hand and can't fight before September now. Tureano lost his mando spot and is supposed to have another fight lined up (Murata?).

July is wide open for a big fight on HBO between Jacobs/Golovkin. I only wish they'd do it at Arthur Ashe Stadium. I know K2 is solid with MSG and Haymon with Barclay, so that'd be a good compromise and at awesome outdoor facility that holds 23,000.
              If GGG stays put, and his team does in fact decide to pursue negotions, the fight will happen NLT September/October of this year.

Trust me

Comment

Yes they do include losses.

How do I know? Because if they didn't, Jacobs who has 31 wins with 28 KO's, would be sitting at a 91% KO ratio. But since they do count losses, he's only sitting at 88%.

Like I said, no need to start making stuff up.

Once again, stop making stuff up.

It was HBO that didn't allow GGG to fight Fletcher, not Golovkin

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...quillin--77996

"We can't face Fletcher because HBO won't accept him and we can't change our plans". Said Hermann.

The Ring magazine begged to differ and had Jacobs rated higher.

But to play devil's advocate, please show me a source.
                Max Herman is Golovkin's manager, so yeah they did ask the WBA for Geale instead of Fletcher...

In terms of victories, Danny has a 90% KO ratio relative to David's 91%.

Comment

Max Herman is Golovkin's manager, so yeah they did ask the WBA for Geale instead of Fletcher.
                  Yeah, he asked the WBA for Geale because HBO shot down Fletcher. Since they already had the venue booked, they needed a replacement; hence asked for Geale.

Why are you trying to make it seem like Fletcher was such a bad opponnent so Team Golovkin asked for Geale like that was the best thing to do ethically, when that wasn't the case?

It's clearly stated in the article what happen.

Team Golovkin needed a replacement since HBO didn't allow Fletcher so GGG's team sought after Geale as a replacement.

In terms of victories, Danny has a 90% KO ratio relative to David's 91%
                  Once again, that's not how KO % is calculated. Stop trying to change how it's calculated to meet your point.

Fact of the matter is, DL has had 37 fights, with 31 KO's. That's an 83.7 KO%

Jacobs has had 32 fights with 28 KO's. That's an 87.5 KO%

Comment

• So.....

Tom Laughler said this..... "Jacobs matches up better with Golovkin than Alvarez does because he’s naturally bigger and has a better amateur foundation".

I wonder why that is ?

I wonder if that is because Canelo is clearly not a genuine middleweight ?

Bookmarked Tom, and thanks.

Comment

Max Herman is Golovkin's manager, so yeah they did ask the WBA for Geale instead of Fletcher...

In terms of victories, Danny has a 90% KO ratio relative to David's 91%.

What the fk are you arguing about man ?

1% ?

Put your calculator away genius, Jacobs is a much better fighter than Pepe Le Pew.

Comment

Working...
                      X