Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA: If No Golovkin-Canelo, We Will Order GGG-Danny Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you take away GGG then Jacobs could very well be the best boxer at 160 so If GGG stays at 160 then Jacobs is one of the best options. Jacobs can box and he can punch but he does have a suspect chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      AJ is a better, all round fighter with far higher skill levels, it's not even close.
      Obviously, but we are just talking about paper belts...

Josh does have a helluva paper belt.

Jacobs isn't a paper champ, he's maybe a world champion in a weak division but he has beaten a world champion in order to win that belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Obviously, but we are just talking about paper belts...

Josh does have a helluva paper belt.

Jacobs isn't a paper champ, he's maybe a world champion in a weak division but he has beaten a world champion in order to win that belt.
        Both are paper champs, it just so happens AJ is better. How anyone can label a guy who has won a portion of the WBA crown a champion is beyond me.

Comment

• WBA should have been the ones forcing Jacobs to fight GGG too bad the IBF were forcing two well you know the type of opponents on GGG.
          Nothing took away from Johnson or Wade both can likely get some good wins on their resume I'm certain of that but GGG is just on a different level these belt companies should be forcing the very best of the division to fight GGG.

Comment

• It's definitely up to the sanctioning bodies to order appropriate fights for champions. Too bad politics gets in the way at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              Canelo will offer Saunders an entire purse between the 2 for WBO asylum, Jacobs and Haymon only have to say purse bids and a GGG fight won't happen.

I think Al would not shell out much for this purse bid & K2 can out bid them. Because The Wilder-Povetkin bid by Haymon & DiBella was 5 mil $, which is for a full fledged WBC champ.. I don't think this time around they can outbid here considering Jacobs is a WBA regular champ..

Comment

• I doubt there would be a need for a purse bid. K2 can make a deal with DiBella who is Jacob's east coast "promoter". Jacobs can probably make more than 2 million for the fight and get his face bashed in for 4-5 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  I think Al would not shell out much for this purse bid & K2 can out bid them. Because The Wilder-Povetkin bid by Haymon & DiBella was 5 mil $, which is for a full fledged WBC champ.. I don't think this time around they can outbid here considering Jacobs is a WBA regular champ..
                  Haymon will have money make no mistake about that, you think he doesn't take or make anything on his extensive pool of boxers which is listed as over 150 ?

The point of the post before was all Haymon has to do is mention the word purse and HBO will be eager to seal a deal without it resorting to them being called. It wouldn't harm GGG's promotion to actually face Jacobs on PBC before facing Saunders if Canelo vacates as were expecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                    Haymon will have money make no mistake about that, you think he doesn't take or make anything on his extensive pool of boxers which is listed as over 150 ?

The point of the post before was all Haymon has to do is mention the word purse and HBO will be eager to seal a deal without it resorting to them being called. It wouldn't harm GGG's promotion to actually face Jacobs on PBC before facing Saunders if Canelo vacates as were expecting.

Got it! Yeah I think so too...

Jacobs, Saunders & Canelo(Again if he doesn't come off the 155 BS).. that the only thing left in MW now for GGG.. After that I think he should consider moving up to 168

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                      Got it! Yeah I think so too...

Jacobs, Saunders & Canelo(Again if he doesn't come off the 155 BS).. that the only thing left in MW now for GGG.. After that I think he should consider moving up to 168
                      GGG should just agree to Cameltoč's demands and come in at 160 the money he'd earn afterwards would eclipse the financial penalties but he'd be the money man thereafter and no doubt he'd acquire an even larger following than the Mexican fan base his team have been tapping for the last two years.

Did you hear GGG come out to mariachi music after the Jack White intro this weekend ?

Comment

Working...
                      X