No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA: If No Golovkin-Canelo, We Will Order GGG-Danny Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
    GGG should just agree to Cameltoč's demands and come in at 160 the money he'd earn afterwards would eclipse the financial penalties but he'd be the money man thereafter and no doubt he'd acquire an even larger following than the Mexican fan base his team have been tapping for the last two years.

Did you hear GGG come out to mariachi music after the Jack White intro this weekend ?
    Yeah mate & I enjoyed it too.. lol.. He is really building up the Mexican fan base & its a good thing because he can draw more fans to the fights.. Sanchez is teaching him a heck of a lot more of Spanish I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Obviously, but we are just talking about paper belts...

Josh does have a helluva paper belt.

Jacobs isn't a paper champ, he's maybe a world champion in a weak division but he has beaten a world champion in order to win that belt.
      Jacobs ain't beat a world champ to get that belt. He won a vacant strap by beating Jarrod Fletcher, a guy who had up to that point not ever fought any current or former world champs. Jacobs' defense of the title against Quillin was a strong performance against a good opponent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Yeah mate & I enjoyed it too.. lol.. He is really building up the Mexican fan base & its a good thing because he can draw more fans to the fights.. Sanchez is teaching him a heck of a lot more of Spanish I guess...
        Yeh it must have took him a while to sink in, he's finally mastered stringing two words together 'muchos gracias'. Credit to Abel where it's due.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          He can punch but so could a million prospects, challengers and journeymen
          Since there are "a million prospects, challengers and journeymen" that can punch, name 1 boxer GGG has faced with an 88% KO ratio like Jacobs.

I don't want to hear no explanation or fluff. I just want to hear all these names you're talking about. I'll gladly wait.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 04-25-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            Since there are "a million prospects, challengers and journeymen" that can punch, name 1 boxer GGG has faced with an 88% KO ration like Jacobs.

I don't want to hear no explanation or fluff. I just want to hear all these names you're talking about. I'll gladly wait.
            Dominic Breazeale, who is barely a prospect at heavyweight has a 88% KO ratio, with 15 out of 17 wins coming by way of stoppage. If power is the only criteria, he must be the most dangerous heavyweight on the planet.

Errol Spence, who only just solidified his change from prospect to challenger has an 85% KO ratio, is he the best welterweight on the planet? Eubank Jr has KOd all but 5 of his winning fights and put a man in hospital and ended his boxing career...should I piss myself when I see him walking down the street?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Since there are "a million prospects, challengers and journeymen" that can punch, name 1 boxer GGG has faced with an 88% KO ration like Jacobs.

Lemieux had a 91% KO ratio, and by Jacob's own trainer's admission, was rated higher than Jacobs and Quillin.

Just be sure to tell Jacobs' to hold off signing any fight for July. Once Cinnamon vacates, Golokvin/Jacobs is going to be ordered. I don't want Danny having a fight lined up before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Dominic Breazeale, who is barely a prospect at heavyweight has a 88% KO ratio, with 15 out of 17 wins coming by way of stoppage. If power is the only criteria, he must be the most dangerous heavyweight on the planet.

Errol Spence, who only just solidified his change from prospect to challenger has an 85% KO ratio, is he the best welterweight on the planet? Eubank Jr has KOd all but 5 of his winning fights and put a man in hospital and ended his boxing career...should I piss myself when I see him walking down the street?
                Can you read?

I said name all these boxers that GGG has faced with such high KO %? Don't give me a long winded fluffy explanation, just provide the names of individuals GGG's faced?

The hardest puncher he's faced is maybe Pepe Le Pew, who was around 84%.

GGG is at 91%; Jacobs is at 88%. When it comes to guys that have power and that can get GGG's respect in the division other than Jacobs, they are way down

here

Comment

• I say make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Lemieux had a 91% KO ratio, and by Jacob's own trainer's admission, was rated higher than Jacobs and Quillin.
                    No, he didn't. Out of 36 fights, 5 of those fights didn't end in a KO in his favor. How is that a 91% KO ratio?

Out of 32 fights, only 4 fights for Jacobs, didn't end in a KO and yet he's sitting at 88%. So how does Pepe Le Pew have less bouts that ended in KO, but have a higher KO %? Don't start making stuff up to prove your point. It's not worth it.

Was Lemieux rated higher than Jacobs according to The Ring at the time of the fight against GGG? No, he wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      . Once Cinnamon vacates, Golokvin/Jacobs is going to be ordered. I don't want Danny having a fight lined up before that.
                      No, you be sure to tell GGG not to schedule another bout before Jacobs gets done with BJS or Andy Lee.

You know as well as I do that Jacobs was already scheduled to fight Lee or BJS this summer.

You just tell GGG to stay put and don't go off fighting Taureno Johnson anytime soon. And since you want to quote Rozier, here you go

Comment

Working...
                      X