No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders Condemns Rugby Player's 'Gypsy Boy' Slur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders Condemns Rugby Player's 'Gypsy Boy' Slur

WBO World Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders has condemned England prop Joe Marler for calling Wales prop Samson Lee gypsy boy' after an altercation during their recent Six Nations match at Twickenham.

The Joe MarlerSamson Lee gypsy boy' saga could finally be resolved today after becoming one of rugby's most high-profile disciplinary issues of modern times. Ten minutes into the England vs. Wales game Marler and Lee were involved in a scuffle after the hosts were award a penalty.

The words hey gypsy boy' were picked up on a microphone and provoked an initial public outcry on social media. Saunders, 26, hopes the media attention surrounding the incident will make people think twice before using the term in an offensive way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Am I reading this right? The guy who once joked about an opponent possibly being raped as a child trying to take the moral high ground?

Comment

Gypsy King" or "Traveling Gypsies" I have heard from the reigning HW champ himself where was Saunders outcry then?
      Last edited by turnedup; 04-05-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Gypsy King" or "Traveling Gypsies" I have heard from the reigning HW champ himself where was Saunders outcry then?
        Like Saunders said, it's people using the word gypsy as an insult that annoys him.

Comment

being a filthy ***** is a way of life. there is no racial attachment whatsoever.
          its really quite simple, diddycoys/*****s/doasyalikeys/gypos are in the main thieving dirty scumbags who can never be trusted.
          unfortunately for the few who have actually made good like billy joe or the lame excuse for a version of a heavyweight "king" being asscociated with the run of the mill usual *****s go with the territory..as bj said "they had to deal with it most of their lives" I say, "get a legit job and pay rent for ya caravan or mobile home type contraption and dont forget the taxman either" THEN, IM OK WITH THE WORLD.
          now fack aff!

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
            being a filthy ***** is a way of life. there is no racial attachment whatsoever.
            its really quite simple, diddycoys/*****s/doasyalikeys/gypos are in the main thieving dirty scumbags who can never be trusted.
            unfortunately for the few who have actually made good like billy joe or the lame excuse for a version of a heavyweight "king" being asscociated with the run of the mill usual *****s go with the territory..as bj said "they had to deal with it most of their lives" I say, "get a legit job and pay rent for ya caravan or mobile home type contraption and dont forget the taxman either" THEN, IM OK WITH THE WORLD.
            now fack aff!
            wtf those aren't real words

Comment

This is pretty rich. I do agree no one should have terms like this thrown at them but Travellers have earned their reputation and until their cultures changes this is how people will see them. But Billy, who I love as a boxer saying this is legitimately ******ed after he basically said about a year back women shouldn't have rights.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                wtf those aren't real words
                yeah and wtf is?

Comment

Even the most Leftist Europeans - the one's who beg Arab refugees to rape their girlfriends - hate gypsies.

It's really a bizarre thing.

Comment

whats so bad about saying gypsy?

Comment

Working...
                    X