Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO ??? came closest to beating FLOYD???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Commentary is very important. It influences gullible minds...fans..boxing pundits..press row...all the same.

I think if you reverse roles in time...Castillo loses to Floyd close and Maidana wins close. Though he looked worse for wear against Castillo..he caught many of the body punches Castillo was given credit for by compubox with his forearms, elbows, and defensive shell. Meanwhile, Maidana was NOT given credit on compubox for many of his punches landed.

HBO and commentary in general was more indifferent back then towards Floyd...he was a star, but he could still be dethroned. By the time Chino fought Floyd, it would take a howitzer to move Floyd from his role as the establishment guy. Chino gave a valiant effort, but short of knocking him out, there is no beating Floyd. You can't beat the house. In the second fight..Chino abandoned his original strategy and was aiming to ko Floyd. Because he knew exactly the same thing. But Floyd is more comfortable with that strategy than with a volume mauling type strategy.

Chino is the only guy I've seen pull counter a pull counter of Floyd's. Correct me if I'm wrong. People say Chino executed a brutal gameplan with very little finesse or skill...but they need to look again. Chino was matching Floyd skillfully in the center of the ring..not just the ropes.

I have Chino up 7-5 in that fight or at the least a draw.

Castillo to me was less effective..his shots to the body were being picked off. Didn't have the same angles as Maidana to bypass Floyd's defense. I'd probably call that a draw or at most a narrow Castillo win.

What Maidana did wowed me more tho...so

Chino definitely has a case. He was thumping Floyd up!

Comment

• Maidana 1 lmfao. He won 5 rounds absolute max!!! And because Floyd seldom loses rounds *****s thought he lost pffft. Funny stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
        Maidana 1 lmfao. He won 5 rounds absolute max!!! And because Floyd seldom loses rounds *****s thought he lost pffft. Funny stuff.
        5 is a lot against Floyd!!! My favorite memory of that fight is Floyd. On the ropes, looking to Tony Weeks, getting his nuts cracked... Hahahahaha!

Comment

• Where is Spoon???? His idol only has three votes... Spoon save your idol.

Comment

• Pacquiao but only when the fight is in slow motion

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Pacquiao but only when the fight is in slow motion
              HAHAhahahahahahaha!!!
              Green k when I got it, but only in slow motion!!!!

Comment

Everyone!! Give this man green!!! Come on you clowns and t@rds. Give respect! Show respect!!!

Hahahahaha. C

Thank you!!! Made me smile!!

Comment

If we slow motion all PAC's fights...

How many fights do you think Marquez won???

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
                    Castillo, Maidana and Pacquiao beat Floyd.
                    Castillo and maybe Maidana, but PAC??

Comment

• Dang, Pacman is just running things in the poll. I guess Slow Motion supersedes any poll or Castillo's existence.

Comment

Working...
                      X