Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO ??? came closest to beating FLOYD???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    In terms of a competitive fight I prefer Maidana I over JLC I.

Floyd was injury free when he fought Marocs.

I suspect Marcos would have been the closer fight for Floyd had the latter been healthy in JLC 1. Marcos style is that interesting.
    Was lMAO as I re watched the Maidana fight. Great stuff. Really amazing how often Floyd got hit.

Comment

• Castillo, Maidana and Pacquiao beat Floyd.

Comment

• Commentary is very important. It influences gullible minds...fans..boxing pundits..press row...all the same.

I think if you reverse roles in time...Castillo loses to Floyd close and Maidana wins close. Though he looked worse for wear against Castillo..he caught many of the body punches Castillo was given credit for by compubox with his forearms, elbows, and defensive shell. Meanwhile, Maidana was NOT given credit on compubox for many of his punches landed.

HBO and commentary in general was more indifferent back then towards Floyd...he was a star, but he could still be dethroned. By the time Chino fought Floyd, it would take a howitzer to move Floyd from his role as the establishment guy. Chino gave a valiant effort, but short of knocking him out, there is no beating Floyd. You can't beat the house. In the second fight..Chino abandoned his original strategy and was aiming to ko Floyd. Because he knew exactly the same thing. But Floyd is more comfortable with that strategy than with a volume mauling type strategy.

Chino is the only guy I've seen pull counter a pull counter of Floyd's. Correct me if I'm wrong. People say Chino executed a brutal gameplan with very little finesse or skill...but they need to look again. Chino was matching Floyd skillfully in the center of the ring..not just the ropes.

I have Chino up 7-5 in that fight or at the least a draw.

Castillo to me was less effective..his shots to the body were being picked off. Didn't have the same angles as Maidana to bypass Floyd's defense. I'd probably call that a draw or at most a narrow Castillo win.

What Maidana did wowed me more tho...so

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Was lMAO as I re watched the Maidana fight. Great stuff. Really amazing how often Floyd got hit.
          Any thoughts on my post, Z?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            who would you say did the best job out of these options?

Castillo 2
            Zab Judah
            ODLH
            Maidana 2
            manny

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              who would you say did the best job out of these options?

Castillo 2
              Zab Judah
              ODLH
              Maidana 2
              manny
              Probably Manny. I liked it that Maidana took a bite out of Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
                Castillo, Maidana and Pacquiao beat Floyd.
                Close thread lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  Commentary is very important. It influences gullible minds...fans..boxing pundits..press row...all the same.

I think if you reverse roles in time...Castillo loses to Floyd close and Maidana wins close. Though he looked worse for wear against Castillo..he caught many of the body punches Castillo was given credit for by compubox with his forearms, elbows, and defensive shell. Meanwhile, Maidana was NOT given credit on compubox for many of his punches landed.

HBO and commentary in general was more indifferent back then towards Floyd...he was a star, but he could still be dethroned. By the time Chino fought Floyd, it would take a howitzer to move Floyd from his role as the establishment guy. Chino gave a valiant effort, but short of knocking him out, there is no beating Floyd. You can't beat the house. In the second fight..Chino abandoned his original strategy and was aiming to ko Floyd. Because he knew exactly the same thing. But Floyd is more comfortable with that strategy than with a volume mauling type strategy.

Chino is the only guy I've seen pull counter a pull counter of Floyd's. Correct me if I'm wrong. People say Chino executed a brutal gameplan with very little finesse or skill...but they need to look again. Chino was matching Floyd skillfully in the center of the ring..not just the ropes.

I have Chino up 7-5 in that fight or at the least a draw.

Castillo to me was less effective..his shots to the body were being picked off. Didn't have the same angles as Maidana to bypass Floyd's defense. I'd probably call that a draw or at most a narrow Castillo win.

What Maidana did wowed me more tho...so
                  I tend to drown out noise like Lamply, etc. I can see what you mean. Chino took Floyd into deep waters. Castillo landed a lot of less powerful punches compared to Maidana.

Maidana made Floyd squirm with low blows. Great stuff. Good post buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Close thread lol
                    3 votes for your GOD! !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                      Any thoughts on my post, Z?
                      Gonna have to re read your excellent post. Really great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X